The World News Media

Animals in Paradise - What Will They Eat?

The Librarian

Melinda:

As Sean Connery said in the James Bond  movie "Thunderball",

..... " Was there ever a man more misunderstood?"

Please re-read what I actually said ...

I could explain it to you, but that would take the fun and amazement out of self discovery.

Also please note that I did NOT contradict what God has stated through Isaiah, or assume God or Isaiah was guessing! .... merely given you the key to discover it for yourself ... if you are willing to do the hard work of thinking, IN CONTEXT, what Isaiah was actually saying.

The KEY is verses 4 and 5. It STARTS the style of "simile" that continues.

YOU do the heavy lifting.

Here is a "wheelbarrow" you can use to get started ...

http://examples.yourdictionary.com/examples-of-similes.html

Remember: CONTEXT IS EVERYTHING!

... That is why I quoted FIFTEEN verses ... and not just two verses.

Lioin eating Straw .jpg

Alligator Revelation.jpg

13886272_966062103498088_1458940326580533442_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

• Views 4.7k
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We  don't  have  the  answer  today....  sorry   await  &  drinking  tea  ~~~~~

Interesting article and very carefully reasoned through. However, I couldn't commmit to his conclusions any more than agreeing that he raised some interesting possibilities. The author quotes Ewi

I do not know much, .....  but am sure THIS WILL HAPPEN IN THE NEW WORLD !!!    

Posted Images

Interesting question.

*** w54 10/1 p. 580 The Hope of a New Earth ***

Regarding the conditions that will prevail in that new earth God’s prophet goes on to say: “They shall build houses, and inhabit them; and they shall plant vineyards, and eat the fruit of them. They shall not labor in vain, nor bring forth for calamity; for they are the seed of the blessed of Jehovah, and their offspring with them. The wolf and the lamb shall feed together, and the lion shall eat straw like the ox; and dust shall be the serpent’s food. They shall not hurt nor destroy in all my holy mountain, saith Jehovah.” (Isa. 65:21, 23, 25, AS) God’s Word contains many similar prophetic assurances.

(2 Peter 1:20, 21) For you know this first, that no prophecy of Scripture springs from any private interpretation. 21 For prophecy was at no time brought by man’s will, but men spoke from God as they were moved by holy spirit.

=======

Both humans and animals were made from dust and return to dust when they die. Man and animals die the same way. (See below) At creation bodies were made from the dust and  at death they return to dust.  Plants take their nutrients from dust/ soil. People as well as animals eat food which comes from plants which take their nutrients from the soil (dust).   

(Ecclesiastes 3:19, 20) for there is an outcome for humans and an outcome for animals; they all have the same outcome. As the one dies, so the other dies; and they all have but one spirit. So man has no superiority over animals, for everything is futile. 20 All are going to the same place. They all come from the dust, and they all are returning to the dust.

If animals eat dust – nothing strange. (It is said children who eat dirt or play in it have stronger immune systems.)

SERPENT’S FOOD

(Genesis 3:14) . . .Upon your belly you will go and dust is what you will eat all the days of your life.

(Isaiah 65:25) The wolf and the lamb will feed together, The lion will eat straw just like the bull, And the serpent’s food will be dust. They will do no harm nor cause any ruin in all my holy mountain,” says Jehovah.

MAN’S FOOD

At creation

(Genesis 1:29) Then God said: “Here I have given to you every seed-bearing plant that is on the entire earth and every tree with seed-bearing fruit. Let them serve as food for you.

After the flood (lots of fruit-bearing rees would have been damaged by flood waters)

(Genesis 9:3, 4) Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you. Just as I gave you the green vegetation, I give them all to you. 4 Only flesh with its life—its blood—you must not eat.

What God gave them in the wilderness – not meat!

Anything prepared, designed, concocted, cooked, baked, by Jehovah would have had to be perfect for sustenance and good health and tasty.  (Moses and Aaron’s health was good up to their death.)

(Numbers 11:7-9) 7 Incidentally, the manna was like coriander seed, and it looked like bdellium gum. 8 The people would spread out and pick it up and grind it in hand mills or pound it in a mortar. Then they would boil it in cooking pots or make it into round loaves, and it tasted like an oiled sweet cake. 9 When the dew descended on the camp by night, the manna would also descend on it. 

Note it was versatile and could be made into other dishes.

When they called God’s provision despicable, meat was given as a last resort and it brought severe consequences.

(Numbers 21:5) 5 And the people kept speaking against God and Moses, saying: “Why have you brought us up out of Egypt to die in the wilderness? There is no food and no water, and we have come to hate this contemptible bread.”

(Numbers 11:33) 33 But while the meat was still between their teeth, before it could be chewed, Jehovah’s anger blazed against the people, and Jehovah began striking the people with a very great slaughter.

Discussion

At first it was fruit (wide variety – Gen 1:29), then God said humans could eat meat without the blood after they left the Ark. (Gen 9:3,4). Where does meat  and milk come from? What does a cow or a sheep, for example, eat? --  Grass and certain selected low-lying vegetation.   People that pick certain plants for caged rabbits call it rabbit meat.  Simple as that.

It could be that Jehovah will reverse all meat eating for us, as well as for animals. If you have apples in the pantry and someone brought you a great variety of other succulent fruit, chances are you might even forget you had the apples and when you remember they might have spoiled already. That’s what happens when you have good quality and great variety in food groups. You might be cooking for guests and  you forget  a dish in the oven because you already had too many items on the table. I said that to paint the picture of good quality food and endless variety. Remember “a banquet of well oiled dishes”.  ((Isaiah 25:6) 6 And Jehovah of armies will certainly make for all the peoples, in this mountain, a banquet of well-oiled dishes, a banquet of [wine kept on] the dregs, of well-oiled dishes filled with marrow, of [wine kept on] the dregs, filtered.)  The descriptive words in this passage denote richness and  exquisite quality in food and drinks (not necessarily that they would be eating marrow).

Try to remember what Jehovah has told us a great deal about this already.  We will understand better when we get there. Queen Esther alluded to that already.

(If it is that we will no longer eat meat, that would be less work – no killing, butchering, blood disposal, cooking,etc)

And the animals are not and will not be worried.

(Matthew 6:26) 26 Observe intently the birds of heaven; they do not sow seed or reap or gather into storehouses, yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth more than they are?

(Psalm 145:16) You open your hand And satisfy the desire of every living thing.

They know Jehovah will satisfy their needs. And they will be satisfied with what Jehovah their Maker provides.

1 hour ago, ARchiv@L said:

the food (everything) will be so tasty that time ...and nobody will have problem ... not humans ... not animals .... :)

..and since there will be no birds  eating  their weight in insects everyday, the Paradise Earth will be covered in bugs to a depth of about two miles, like an Antarctic Ice Sheet ... except where people live and enjoy their delicious new homes.

foodscape_6.jpg

Just came across this on the Internet.  What I wrote above are my own conclusions, but I wanted to see if anyone else had this view.

Author who believes  what the Bible says about God’s original purpose for animals and man with relation to diet.  See link

https://answersingenesis.org/animal-behavior/what-animals-eat/creations-original-diet-and-the-changes-at-the-fall/

8 hours ago, Melinda Mills said:

Just came across this on the Internet.

Interesting article and very carefully reasoned through. However, I couldn't commmit to his conclusions any more than agreeing that he raised some interesting possibilities.

The author quotes Ewin Monsma: 'Reformed scholars have generally been of the opinion that the Bible gives no evidence of death among animals before the fall.’ He does not seem to refute this idea, so appears to share it.  I believe there is controversy on this matter amongst those who call themselves (or are called) "creationists", but was surprised recently to find that some Jehovah's Witnesses also adhere to the view that animals only die as a consequence (somehow) of the rebellion in Eden, and that this will not always be the case. (There seemed to be an element of pet bereavement in this).

I haven't met any (yet) who extend the resurrection hope to animals that have died however. Interestingly, this does appear to be a Mormon belief:  "The animals, the fishes of the sea, the fowls of the air, as well as man, are to be recreated, or renewed, through the resurrection, for they too are living souls.” Joseph Fielding Smith. Conference Report, October 1928, p. 100. The mind boggles on the logistics of this!

There is an obvious difference of opinion between Jehovah's Witnesses on animal diet and behaviour, both historic and future as shown in the discussion here. It is pretty clear that a literal interpretation of popularly referenced scriptures such as Isaiah 11:6-9; 65:25, Mic.2:4 is encouraged both in the text and illustrations in Watchtower publications, and there is no denying the appeal of this view. However, the view is open to considerable extrapolation and it is this I think that polarises opinion.

Early on in my theocratic education, it was clearly pointed out to me that paradise promises in the Hebrew Scriptures relating to Israelite restoration should not be interpreted out of their historic context. For example, they should not be used as an authority for concluding that lions will begin roaming the entire earth so that each child can have a lion as a pet. Nor should we think that, regardless of climate conditions, grapes and figs wiIl flourish everywhere. However, they do provide a basis for believing that peaceful and paradisaic conditions will prevail amongst the entire creation here on earth, under Jehovah's Kingdom rule. The relative peace between members of the true Christian congregation as "animalistic" behaviour is replaced by the "fruitage of the spirit" can be seen as a token of what is to come.

This allows for a wide variety in the personal visions individuals may cherish on what conditions will prevail in the paradise earth to come, but in no way allows for an imposition of such views on others where there is no clear Scriptural basis. By the same token, the relatively harmless views of others should be respected, regardless of any perceived naivety on the part of those who feel their more educated perceptions deserve higher credence.

A couple of Scriptural principles that moderate my grip on personal views that can only be termed as benign speculation regarding  the exact detail and logistics of many aspects of life in the coming paradise earth are contained in these texts:

"For the Kingdom of God does not mean eating and drinking, but means righteousness and peace and joy with holy spirit." Rom.14:17

"But just as it is written: “Eye has not seen and ear has not heard, nor have there been conceived in the heart of man the things that God has prepared for those who love him.” 1Cor.2:9

@Eoin Joyce     Nice discussion. Had those two texts in mind when I was writing but decided to leave them out.  It is just a discussion.  We all have preferred viewpoints and the scriptures support some of them, but we will all learn in the future.

Love this part of your comment:

"This allows for a wide variety in the personal visions individuals may cherish on what conditions will prevail in the paradise earth to come, but in no way allows for an imposition of such views on others where there is no clear Scriptural basis. By the same token, the relatively harmless views of others should be respected, regardless of any perceived naivety on the part of those who feel their more educated perceptions deserve higher credence. "

I did not commit to everything the author said  but I do believe that animals as well as man can exist happily without having to kill and eat meat. Jehovah has limitless wisdom and there are other ways to keep down animal and insect population besides predation. 

Lots of things the Bible says are perceived as naïve, even the fact that the system will have an end.

However, Jehovah's way will prevail when the time comes.