Queen Esther

DO YOU REMEMBER THESE OLD, RARE DIFFERENT BOOKS ?

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Queen Esther -
Queen Esther -

Top Posters

YES,  many  JW.  studied  that  Paradise - book...  me  too :)  and  the  Knowledge  book !   I  had  some  'breaks'  -  bec. my  husband  is  not  in  the  truth :(  The  Paradise - book  was  very  popular  for  many  years  we  loved  it ❤  Thanks  for  your  nice  comment  dear  Marie...  and  Greetings  from  Germany  ;-))

My first book was, "What has religion done for mankind." in 1956.

The first Bible was, "The Scofield Reference Bible 1945.

Although Scofield said 'Jehovah' was the covenant name, he gave credit to it by including it in many places, EG: Page 6, 11 times. Page 7, 18 times. Although out of print, I still use it for references to the King James version. (Authorised Version)

Oh,  thats  very  long  ago....   In  the  Librarian's  archives  of  sure  we  have  it !    I  will  ask  our  special  Brother  ARchiv@L  for  showing :)   Then  I  guess,  you  know  alot  books....   Thanks  for  your  informative  comment,  Brother  @Colin Browne    Greetings  from  Germany !

I should have added that the WT society in the early days disliked the word, "Religion", which was the reason for publishing the book 'What has religion done for mankind."

I kept that (Yellow) book until 2012 when I moved to an old age home then gave my collection to a very devoted brother. Prior to that I also owned the Harp of God which was given to the congregation library. It belonged to my wife's grandmother.

Thank  you  Brother  Colin...    I  have  to  answer  you  after  sleeping,  okay?   I  was  long  time  here,  now  I  need  to  rest,  sorry.  -   In  some  hours  I  come  back  again !  :)   bye  bye  for  now........

My wife and I studied in the Paradise book and the United in Worship book. We also studied for a time the Truth book, but allowed family pressure to dissuade us from studying for a time. We have added some of the older books to our collection over the years just for the novelty of it. Sadly though, some apostates love to take what was spiritual truth at the time when the older publications were published and trash talk the society for some of their beliefs. It is time for friends to have these in their personal library, but there is a reason they are no longer in print and many are no longer cited in current articles at all. 

WOW,  thats  so  nice,  study  together  as  couple :x   I  couldn't  do  that,  bec. my  husband  didn't  want  it :(  So  I  did  it  step by step  alone,  first  with  my  girlfriend.  But  he  was  very  cooperative, friendly  &  loving :)  Nice  books  you  got  for  study  the  truth  with  the  Bible...  Yes,  some  older  books  are  very  valuable  too !  But  the  most  JW  maybe  have  NO  place  at  home  for  many  books  -  today,  all  is  saved  in  their  tablets.  I  don't  know,  which  books  we  all  will  have  in  the  NW  and  paradise...   what  do  you  think  Brother  David ?@David Normand   -   With  the  apostates,  its  a  special  problem  -  they  like  it,  bring  us  in  conflict  with  Jehovah  and  always  working  against  to  bring  us  in  confusion !  We're  firm  in  the  truth  with  many  or  less  books...  Many  JW  on  little  islands  or  poor  countries,  have  of  sure  only  less  books  at  home.  The  heart  is  deciding  for  Jehovah  and  thats  perfect  I  think      Greetings  rom  Germany !

Yes...  our  WT  society  was  making  some  mistakes  in  the  past  Brother  Colin,  we  all  knowing !  The  Bible  is  too  complex  to  understanding,  not  so  easy.   But  the  Brothers  always  made  it  public,  thats  good !

WOW,  very  old  books  you  got  in  your  life :)   Now  probable  a  'place - problem'  in  your  last  home ?

Do  you've  still  some  theocratic  books ?  But  you've  a  comp.  at  home,  so  you  have  alot  to  read  and  to  talk,  its  not  boring  around  you :D   Talking  with  others  is  very  importend !   In  some  old  age  homes  in  Germany,  living  Brothers  and  Sisters  and  they  have  regular  meetings  in  a  separate  room,  thats  very  nice !   In  your  home  similar ?     May  Jehovah  bless  you,  our  Brother  Colin ❤     @Colin Browne    Greetings  from  Germany !

I did not see the Paradise Lost to Paradise Restored book there.  My parents studied that with me as well as Let God be True and Things in which it is Impossible for God to Lie.  I came across a fairly new looking copy of the Let God be True a few years ago, an in-law left it in the house. I am treasuring it.  I have books mostly from the late sixties and 70s, and bound volumes from the 60s, as there was a special reprinting in the 90s of the sixties bound volumes.  I have stopped keeping bound volumes from last year and hope the Watchtower CD would be adequate.

Gracias  hermana  Wilma...     @Wilma

Esto  es  interesante,  ya  viejos  libros  que  consultaron  Su  padre,  que  nunca  tuvo  estos  antiguos  tesoros!

Tal  vez  va  a  encontrar  en  nuestra  Asamblea - biblioteca?   Pero  sin  duda  en  Bethel.
Gracias  por  su  comentario :)       Saludos  desde  Alemania !

On 2017/06/19 at 5:15 AM, Queen Esther said:

My  books  all  younger.....   and  yours ?    These  maybe,  1930  - 1960 ?   Anyone  know  some  of  these  books ?  Thank  you :)

Yes, I do have a computer, and I'm still in the field ministry group. So, I only kept the more recent books, IE: Isaiah's prophecy, Pay attention to Daniel, God's word for us through Jeremiah, The Bible God's word or mans and the latest, Worship the only True God. I also have the 1973 Comprehensive Concordance which I consult almost daily.

It will be nice to know how many other of our spiritual family have the latter book.

The cover is dark red.

On 2017/06/20 at 7:51 AM, Queen Esther said:

Thank  you  Brother  Colin...    I  have  to  answer  you  after  sleeping,  okay?   I  was  long  time  here,  now  I  need  to  rest,  sorry.  -   In  some  hours  I  come  back  again !  :)   bye  bye  for  now........

At a book sale a few years ago, I bought a book named "The 'Power and Glory' by Adam Nicholson 2002, its about the making of the King James version. (Authorised version) The notes were harvested from the remains of the great London fire. It's very interesting, and all references are quoted in the back pages. The era included the Guy Fawkes plot, the 1601 rebellion, and Milton who wrote Paradise lost and Paradise regained. James was no fool. All his bishops were in attention, and when the topic of baptism came up one bishop suggested that sand could be used if water was not available. James rebuked him saying that it would have been better had the chamber been emptied over him. The Puritans were also present but these hardly received a hearing. When one of these asked the king that the new bible rather be a Puritan bible, James said, "I'll give you the very opposite." It's history and it's all true. All the bishops were named. I no longer have the book.

By the way, flea markets often sell older copies of our books.

The problem with tablets and other electronic devices is they will eventually die without a power source. Books of course will get old and brittle with age, but it takes many years. No idea what books we will have in NW, but my goal is to be there to find out. 

When some apostate or other opposed brings up some older publication I generally say that I am not interested in what they we believed in the past, but am interested in what we believe now. I am very thankful that Jehovah's Faithful Slave is willing to admit mistakes of the past and move forward. 

Cheers my friends.

16 hours ago, Queen Esther said:

Yes...  our  WT  society  was  making  some  mistakes  in  the  past  Brother  Colin,  we  all  knowing !  The  Bible  is  too  complex  to  understanding,  not  so  easy.   But  the  Brothers  always  made  it  public,  thats  good !

WOW,  very  old  books  you  got  in  your  life :)   Now  probable  a  'place - problem'  in  your  last  home ?

Do  you've  still  some  theocratic  books ?  But  you've  a  comp.  at  home,  so  you  have  alot  to  read  and  to  talk,  its  not  boring  around  you :D   Talking  with  others  is  very  importend !   In  some  old  age  homes  in  Germany,  living  Brothers  and  Sisters  and  they  have  regular  meetings  in  a  separate  room,  thats  very  nice !   In  your  home  similar ?     May  Jehovah  bless  you,  our  Brother  Colin ❤     @Colin Browne    Greetings  from  Germany !

I'm the only JW at this home among a mixture of other faiths. Some sisters regularly read to residents. The first was the entire 'Jesus the way, the truth, the life' book. Other ministers and priests also come to feed their flocks, but on different days. The book 'God's Kingdom Rules' paragraph 16 assures us that we will have everlasting security. All national barriers and passports will end.

Imagine how nice it will be to walk among wild animals and even sleep in the forests. (Eze. 34:25)

image.png

Thanks very much for your answer-comment @butchsweet :)   All the old books ?  WOW...  from your parents or your own ?  Thats really rare,  similar by Brother Colin. Little treasures you have at home, but some things not so actual /current.  I mean the wrong knowledge to some Bible scriptures...  But the WT. org  made that all public, that was very good for us JW.  We have to be honest in all things !

Greetings from Germany ???

Great,  Brother Colin...  you're a big example for us all here ?❤️   I appreciate your activity :)  thats very good for a longer life ! Do you want be alive by Armageddon ?  maybe YES !  Many older activ JW saying  YES :D   I remember your picture from the past...  cute animals, xD  I am also full of joy to see all our animals, wild and tender, yes and sleeping outdoor too !  Watching the stars and alot more...  I wish you always much joy together with your Brothers and Sisters serving Jehovah !  I will ask our Brother @ARchiv@L  if he still find some other old books for showing here....

Until next time  -  May Jehovah bless you, dear Brother Colin???

On 6/20/2017 at 10:24 PM, Queen Esther said:

I've never even seen a printing error on our society's literature, only one mistake (In an 'very early' book) which was later corrected in a Watchtower issue later. Wikipedia pages once had many mistakes, but these were mostly user input.(Recently users need to login to add or edit)

According to this page:

Hello guest!

there are over 10,000 religions. Which is why our society published the book "What has religion done for mankind". When we went from door to door in early days most people would tell us that they "had there own religion" Having no idea of what people believe in other faiths besides Christianity, the book mentioned in this paragraph was primarily designed to inform us as God's people, but also the public. It was not really a mistake to show the world the truth. The Jain 'religion' wear masks to avoid inhaling flying insects. We can now tactfully ask them, "What about the millions of creatures you trample on just taking a short walk". 

Yes,  you  are  right   Brother  Colin,  in  many  things  I  agree !    Haha...  many  people  often  tell  us  the  same  like  in  the  past...  'we  have  our own  Religion',  YES !   Then  we  say,   well,  thats  very  nice  you  still  have  a  belief  in  that  crazy  time  today !   A  little  praise  and  then  we  have  a  basic  for  going  on :)

When  the  people  get  a  praise,  they  mostly  want  to  tell  more,  thats  good !

With  the  WT  mistakes  I  tell  you  tmw.  bec. its  little  different  to  your  understanding...  I  tell  you  what  I  mean,  okay ?  Now  its  too  late  again,  sorry :(  I  am  on  the  other  side  of  Earth,  yes,  always  day  and  night,  thats  a  problem  for  me,  I  don't  like  it !   But  I  like  your  writing...  its  sometimes  funny  -  with  our  tiny  insects  etc.xD       Until  tomorrow  Brother  Colin....   Take  care

Brother  Colin,  I  not  meant  any  writing  mistakes  by  our  organisation....   I  mean  the  different  *new  lights*  we  got  and  still  get  step  by  step,  after  a  better  understanding,  example  1995,  the  new  generation...   and  now  our  last  anointed  Brothers,  not  coming  with  us  into  the  NW  !!   Until  Armageddon  they  now  all  completed  their  temporal  life...  so  we  learned  it  lastly !  You  now  understand  what  I  mean ?  These  mistakes  the  JW.org  always  made  public  for  all,  bec. stay  honest,  yes ?  Tell  me  please  your  opinion,  thank  you :)

Wish  you  a  great  weekend  and  stay  healthy !  We  had  very  hot  weather  last  days  here...  now  better !  How  is  the  weather  in  your  area ??

Until  to  next  time,  Brother  @Colin Browne  :D 

Yes it's difficult for you to convey your thoughts to English. As you said, the correct way is, to say, "We now have new light on the matter" Prov. 4:18.

Where I'm living, it's 10 degrees centigrade this morning and my fingers are frozen.

One of the old books I remember was made for publishers, "Equipped for every good work."

It was good news for us this time when our society explained "This generation." Before that we couldn't understand. But we maintained "A waiting attitude" knowing that Jehovah would give us 'new light'.

Yes,  English  is  not  my  home - language,  sorry :(  But  we've  a  good  understanding,  I  think  so... :)   Your  Bible - scripture  is  working  right,   Prov.  4:18,

18 But the path of the righteous is like the bright morning light
That grows brighter and brighter until full daylight.

I  copied  your  study - book  titles  for  our  Brother  ARchiv@L...  maybe  he  find  it  in  our  Archives  here  for  showing ?  That  were  nice !

10  degrees  centigrade,  is  that  minus - 10 ?  bec. frozen  morning  hands...   Are  you  living  near  the  Arctis  or  similar ? :D  I  thought,  you  are  from  Australia,  perhaps ?  or  high  in  the  north  of  America ?  Tell  me  please....

I  can  see,  also  our  nice  older  JW.  ones  learned  alot  good  theocratic  things !   We've  today  many  video's  etc. more  technology,  but  the  old  teachings /doctrines  were  very  good.  "A  waiting  attitude"  was  of  sure  a  very  interesting  book !   Thanks  for  you  nice  explanations  Brother  Colin...   I  think,  some  of  us  enjoy  it !   Until  soon  and  bye bye  for  now  ~~~~~~

We’ve been talking about our society’s older books. We are thankful that these have explained Jehovah’s original word from Moses’ time. The faithful and discreet slave deserve praise for explaining the things hidden to the wise and intellectual ones, but revealed them to us as "young children". A very important book was the first Bible we received. It was the green backed bound books we received in five parts during the early 70’s. I had mine bound by a local newspaper.

I  answer  in  details  after  sleeping,  my  dear  Brother....   its  already  morning-time  and  time  to  go,  sorry !  Your  book - examples  I  sent  to  our  ARchiv@L  Brother  for  searching  the  books !  :)   I  hope,  he  will  find  some !   Until  sunday  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  :D    PS.  Which  time  is  it  now  in  YOUR  country ?  morning  or  afternoon ?  or  evening ?

3 hours ago, Queen Esther said:

Yes,  English  is  not  my  home - language,  sorry :(  But  we've  a  good  understanding,  I  think  so... :)   Your  Bible - scripture  is  working  right,   Prov.  4:18,

18 But the path of the righteous is like the bright morning light
That grows brighter and brighter until full daylight.

I  copied  your  study - book  titles  for  our  Brother  ARchiv@L...  maybe  he  find  it  in  our  Archives  here  for  showing ?  That  were  nice !

10  degrees  centigrade,  is  that  minus - 10 ?  bec. frozen  morning  hands...   Are  you  living  near  the  Arctis  or  similar ? :D  I  thought,  you  are  from  Australia,  perhaps ?  or  high  in  the  north  of  America ?  Tell  me  please....

I  can  see,  also  our  nice  older  JW.  ones  learned  alot  good  theocratic  things !   We've  today  many  video's  etc. more  technology,  but  the  old  teachings /doctrines  were  very  good.  "A  waiting  attitude"  was  of  sure  a  very  interesting  book !   Thanks  for  you  nice  explanations  Brother  Colin...   I  think,  some  of  us  enjoy  it !   Until  soon  and  bye bye  for  now  ~~~~~~

In my younger days I sometimes surfed in 10 degree water in a wet suit. One hardly feels the cold while young. When I woke this morning the temperature was again 10 degrees - in my room, so I typing this with two frozen fingers. It's only as I grew older that I realised how much time was wasted which could have been put to better use.

It's unlikely that I will surf again in Jehovah's new earth. It's a passing phase which  I do not recommend to any young brother. I almost drowned once, and there are also other dangers such as sharks, drowning and injuries.

Some years ago at a surfing spot I watched a young man die when he lost blood after an attack by a great white shark. I stopped surfing and gave the booklet, "When someone dies" to his mother. Recently I took the revised copy.

22 minutes ago, Queen Esther said:

I  answer  in  details  after  sleeping,  my  dear  Brother....   its  already  morning-time  and  time  to  go,  sorry !  Your  book - examples  I  sent  to  our  ARchiv@L  Brother  for  searching  the  books !  :)   I  hope,  he  will  find  some !   Until  sunday  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>  :D    PS.  Which  time  is  it  now  in  YOUR  country ?  morning  or  afternoon ?  or  evening ?

It was an earlier message sent. At this moment it's 6:30am.

Oh,  yesterday  I  saw  by  the  clock - time,  we've  ca.  2-3  hours  difference ?  You're  living  east-side  from  Germany ?  But  SO  cold  in  your  room,  in  summertime ?  I'm  puzzling  which  country  is  it... :)   May  you  tell  me ?  THANK  YOU !

Here  I  send  you  3  links  about  Bible books,  you  was  telling....  Brother  ARchiv@L  was  searching  for  me. 

Hello guest!

Hello guest!

Hello guest!

Are  you  remember  these  books ?

PS.  You  was  very  sporting  in  younger  times,  like  me :)  In  the  school  I  had  always  the  best note  1 !  and  in  music  too...  I  play  some  instruments ! 

In  the  New  World  you can  surf  again,  NO  problems  with  sharks  etc.!  Then  you're  young  again...  more  fun  like  in  younger  years !    Latest  in  paradise,  all  humans  young  again  and  able  for  doing  all  good  things :D

I  agree,  we  must  be  careful  with  our  precious  time,  better  using  for  Jehovah ❤  Its  END-TIME  now !

bye  bye  for  today...   dear  Brother  @Colin Browne

2 hours ago, Queen Esther said:

Oh,  yesterday  I  saw  by  the  clock - time,  we've  ca.  2-3  hours  difference ?  You're  living  east-side  from  Germany ?  But  SO  cold  in  your  room,  in  summertime ?  I'm  puzzling  which  country  is  it... :)   May  you  tell  me ?  THANK  YOU !

Here  I  send  you  3  links  about  Bible books,  you  was  telling....  Brother  ARchiv@L  was  searching  for  me. 

Hello guest!

Hello guest!

Hello guest!

Are  you  remember  these  books ?

PS.  You  was  very  sporting  in  younger  times,  like  me :)  In  the  school  I  had  always  the  best note  1 !  and  in  music  too...  I  play  some  instruments ! 

In  the  New  World  you can  surf  again,  NO  problems  with  sharks  etc.!  Then  you're  young  again...  more  fun  like  in  younger  years !    Latest  in  paradise,  all  humans  young  again  and  able  for  doing  all  good  things :D

I  agree,  we  must  be  careful  with  our  precious  time,  better  using  for  Jehovah ❤  Its  END-TIME  now !

bye  bye  for  today...   dear  Brother  @Colin Browne

Hello sister, I'm in East London, not to be confused with the United Kingdom. In the early days South Africa was controlled by the UK. Our city lies at 28 degrees longitude and 38 degrees latitude. We are warmed by the down flowing Mozambique current. But there is also the counter cold Agulhas current flowing from Cape Town side. Depending on whether there's a west wind blowing which pushes the Agulhas current away, the sea is warm. When the East wind blows the cold water is pushed toward our coast.

Thank you the link which provided more information on 'The making of the King James Bible' It's been copied and added to my notes about the Jacobean Era. A horseman sent all the way from England to Scotland was kicked in the face by his horse and he arrived full of blood, only to find that King James was still in bed.

I suppose there will still be enough gas and vehicles after Armageddon to use for a few decades, after which we will have to wait and see.

Yes,  we  will  see,  what  is  after  Armageddon....    But  I  can't  imagine,  we  using  gas  and  cars  in  the  NW  -  Maybe  we've  better  things,  wait  and  see,  yes :)

Good  to  hear,  you  like  one  of  the  links,  I  not  know  these  books,  sorry...

I  know,  now  is  winter  in  south  Africa  and  not  so  warm  -  I  saw  by  google, around  25'  degrees.  Area  Durban  warm  and  Kapstadt  only  17' degrees  tomorrow.  South  Africa  is  a  wonderful  area  for  living.   A  friend  was  gone  from  Hamburg  to  Johannesburg  before  many  years.   He  got  a  better  job  and  better  life  than  here.

In  the  NW  I  want  visit  south  Africa,  your  home - country :D   But  now  I  go  little  posting !  Good  Night...

PS.  Did  you  already  see  our  other  Forum - areas  with  interesting  themes ?  Example :  Experiences,  Illustrations,  Health  and  Medicine,  Religions,  Music,  Theocratic  and  more... there  is  alot  about  Jehovas  Winesses !  When  you  have  little  time,  perhaps  you  will  find  any  nice  things ?    Look  a  around  when  you  want,  Brother  Colin :)   Enjoy !

5 hours ago, Queen Esther said:

Yes,  we  will  see,  what  is  after  Armageddon....    But  I  can't  imagine,  we  using  gas  and  cars  in  the  NW  -  Maybe  we've  better  things,  wait  and  see,  yes :)

Good  to  hear,  you  like  one  of  the  links,  I  not  know  these  books,  sorry...

I  know,  now  is  winter  in  south  Africa  and  not  so  warm  -  I  saw  by  google, around  25'  degrees.  Area  Durban  warm  and  Kapstadt  only  17' degrees  tomorrow.  South  Africa  is  a  wonderful  area  for  living.   A  friend  was  gone  from  Hamburg  to  Johannesburg  before  many  years.   He  got  a  better  job  and  better  life  than  here.

In  the  NW  I  want  visit  south  Africa,  your  home - country :D   But  now  I  go  little  posting !  Good  Night...

PS.  Did  you  already  see  our  other  Forum - areas  with  interesting  themes ?  Example :  Experiences,  Illustrations,  Health  and  Medicine,  Religions,  Music,  Theocratic  and  more... there  is  alot  about  Jehovas  Winesses !  When  you  have  little  time,  perhaps  you  will  find  any  nice  things ?    Look  a  around  when  you  want,  Brother  Colin :)   Enjoy !

Temperatures you saw were probably day time, and Cape Town has a different climate to ours. It's 15 degrees this morning and the forecast high is 29 degrees (in mid winter) because we get what is called 'Berg winds'. (winds that get hotter as they blow down the sun warmed earth)

East London S.A. was also home to German immigrants in the early days. There is a memorial for them opposite the aquarium. They set up towns here like Hamburg, Berlin, etc. See this website:

Hello guest!

Many of the descendants of the early settlers still carry German names. Thank you for suggesting other forums. This one is enough for me. Although retired my time is mostly taken up by study and reading. I'm almost finished studying August 28-September 24, 2017. It's better to be ahead because we receive so much spiritual 'food', once are behind it will be hard to catch up. (Psalm 72:16) Reading and meditating on the 'Scriptures Daily' is also very important because it helps us start the day in a spiritual mood.

8 hours ago, Queen Esther said:

Thanks  for  your  new  link,  dear  @ARchiv@L...   Lets  hope,  its  good  for  our  members  :D  and  Brother  Colin  too !

Here is something to interest you. In Germany and elsewhere it's either Winter or summer. (Gen. 8:22) But in our part of the Eastern Cape we have a unique weather system because we often experience four seasons in one day! In fact, one holiday resort, "Four Seasons" takes advantage of this. We can wake up to an icy morning, which later becomes warm. A few hours later temperatures may climb above 30 degrees. Which is why most residents say that they will never move away.

There are many hotels which share that name:

Hello guest!

Hallo an euch dort in Deutschland. Dank moderner Technik ist es so einfach, Briefe an Menschen anderer Sprachen zu schreiben. Schauen Sie! Obwohl ich nur Englisch und Afrikaans fließend zu sprechen, sende ich eine Nachricht an Sie in deutscher Sprache.

Und Sie werden tatsächlich saugen die Milch der Nationen und die Brust der Könige, die Sie zu saugen. (Jesaja 60:16)

Dies ist wahrscheinlich, wie Sie auch kommunizieren. Colin Browne

WOW...  das ist ja nett Bruder Colin, haha :)  Ja, mit dem Translater geht das prima !  Danke, für diese schöne Idee...  I use daily the google translater for working here. Mostly for Spanish to English. Yes, the technology is sometimes super !

I come back later,  now different duties !  Wish you a great day in far away south Africa. ???

14355653_1060103427438145_1229747978088967020_n.jpg

DO  YOU  YOU  REMEMBER  THAT ??   I  HAD  THE  BROWN  SONG - BOOK  :)

SOME  YEARS  LATER,  I  GOT  ON  A  CONVENTION  THE  4. BOOK,  *SING  TO  JEHOVAH*.....

♫ ♪ ♫.♪ ♫ ♪ ♫.♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫.♪ ♫ ♪ ♫.♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫.♪ ♫ ♪ ♫.♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫.♪ ♫ ♪ ♫

Thanks  for  your  good  explanation  dear  Melinda :)  The  last  one  looks  for  me  as  the  oldest  -  is  that  right ?

I  think,  our  87 year  old  Brother  Colin  from  south  Africa  will  remember  alot  of  these...  He  likes  it,  writing  on  and  off  here,  a  nice  Brother :D

I don't know the order of the ones on the bottom row - they are very old, not of our time.  All I can tell you is that the red one in the second row is the oldest of the modern books. When I was very small my father had one that was well preserved, but from a child I can only remember using the one with the music notes on it. The green and cream one.

THANK  YOU  SO  MUCH  FOR  THE  WONDERFUL  PICTURES  FROM  THE  NICE  *FOR  SEASONS  HOTEL*   Do  you  know  that  personal  from  inside?  Of  sure  very  expensive :)   WOW...  4  seasons  in  ONE  day ?  One  the  same  place ?  Thats  a  big  challenge  for  the  body  or  not ?  In  which  town  we  can  have  this ?  Tell  us  please...   :D    THANK  YOU  BROTHER  COLIN !

1 hour ago, Queen Esther said:

THANK  YOU  SO  MUCH  FOR  THE  WONDERFUL  PICTURES  FROM  THE  NICE  *FOR  SEASONS  HOTEL*   Do  you  know  that  personal  from  inside?  Of  sure  very  expensive :)   WOW...  4  seasons  in  ONE  day ?  One  the  same  place ?  Thats  a  big  challenge  for  the  body  or  not ?  In  which  town  we  can  have  this ?  Tell  us  please...   :D    THANK  YOU  BROTHER  COLIN !

The town of East London in South Africa is precisely at the beginning of the sub tropical area up to Mozambique. It's where plants of the Strelitzia family and ferns begin to grow. This explains why we have drastic changes of weather.

YES,  I  understand  you.  -  Oh  STRELITZIA  -  here  calls  Strelitzie,  one  of  my  loving  flowers / plants !  I  got  it  last  time  from  a  friend.  I  could  enjoy  it  for  2 - 3  weeks !   Looking  SO  beautiful  like  a  precious  birdy :x  with  a  long  beak :)  Thanks  for  your  answer,  Brother  Colin !   You're  living  in  a  wonderful  Continent  in  the  south :D  ENJOY  EVERY  DAY !  Do  you  want  live  in  another  country  in  the  NEW  WORLD  or  PARADISE ?  Or  driving  around  the  world  and  visit  alot  Brothers ?  

8 hours ago, Colin Browne said:

The plant you love is the orange variety of the genus. Here is a link to others:

Hello guest!

image.png

Seems we share a love for plants - Happy viewing.

Hello Queen Esther, have a look at this fantastic spanner set made in Germany. It goes up in fractions of an inch. Has a feeler gauge as well as a small screwdriver. The Bible is 24cm top to bottom and the screwdriver set is 11cm wide. My youngest son's present.

Spanners.jpg

23 hours ago, Colin Browne said:

The plant you love is the orange variety of the genus. Here is a link to others:

Hello guest!

image.png

Seems we share a love for plants - Happy viewing.

Had Adam and God’s covering cherub remained perfect, we would have eventually known the proper use of all plants, and also which may not be consumed.

image.png

I  total  agree  Brother  Colin,  with  all  plants  Jehovah  made  it  perfect  for  us !   Nice  looking,  a  nice  taste  and  still  more.  Yes,  we  have  all  we  need  for  good  living...  and  still  much  more :)   I  want  answer  you  more  detailed  to  your  nice  postings !   But  before  I  had  to  rest  again,  bec. a  painful  foot - inflammation :(

But  I  want  say  a  BIG  *THANK  YOU  VERY  MUCH*   to  you ❤   bec. your  beautiful  Strelitzia  picture :D:x

Its  exactly  the  plant / flower  I  meant !   I  will  answer  Sat.day  late  evening,  yes?   Thank  you !   Wish  you  so  long  a  nice  day  and  take  care !       Yes,  I  also  love  flowers  and  plants :x:D   We  can't  live  without !

By a stretch of the imagination Mel. As can be seen in the pictures below, even Google doesn't know what a bird of paradise looks like. They've even included a Lyrebird.

While on birds, in an article on evolution, a scientist admitted that there's no link from animals to birds, He said they could only have been created.

In the new cleansed earth, all flying creatures will be 'Birds of paradise'. :)

image.png

1 hour ago, Colin Browne said:

By a stretch of the imagination Mel. As can be seen in the pictures below, even Google doesn't know what a bird of paradise looks like. They've even included a Lyrebird.

While on birds, in an article on evolution, a scientist admitted that there's no link from animals to birds, He said they could only have been created.

In the new cleansed earth, all flying creatures will be 'Birds of paradise'. :)

image.png

Hi Colin and Queen Esther,

Nice evolution from old books to beautiful birds and plants.

I started to doubt myself but I found the link with the plant I mean.  I think it is the same plant.  Here it is:

Hello guest!

12 hours ago, Melinda Mills said:

Here is another link/video:

Thanks for the video. It is a beautiful plant. Even the leaves are pretty. Compare the plant to the Crowned crane in our country. It regularly feeds on open spaces in our suburb and they breed close to the marshes where we have a bird watching stand.

A similar bird, the Hoopoe feeds on insects on lawns in our suburb.

image.png

image.jpeg

I  also  informed  me  about  this  beautiful  Strelitzia  plant / Bird  of  paradise  plant :)  Look  my  photos....

strelitzia-1384363.jpg

I  love  the  first  one,  bec.  red - orange  and  blue  color !   I  can  buy  it  here  sometimes  as  fresh  flower,  for  ca. 4 - 5  Euro,  but  its  nice  for  ca. 2 - 3  weeks :)   I  will  soon  ask  for  a  new  one :D:x   For  plant  it,  our  area  is  too  cold  for  many  months,  sorry :(

Strelitzia /strɛˈlɪtsiə/[1] is a genus of five species of perennial plants, native to South Africa. It belongs to the plant family Strelitziaceae.[2] The genus is named after the duchy of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, birthplace of Queen Charlotte of the United Kingdom. A common name of the genus is bird of paradise flower / plant, because of a resemblance of its flowers to birds-of-paradise. In South Africa it is commonly known as a crane flower and is featured on the reverse of the 50 cent coin. It is the floral emblem of the City of Los Angeles; two of the species, Strelitzia nicolai and Strelitzia reginae, are frequently grown as house plants.[3]

Strelitzia_larger.jpg

STRELITZIA  -  BIRD  OF  PARADISE  !!!!.jpg

Spain,_autumn_2011_051.jpg

The  last  one  was  growing  in  Spain,  autumn  -

We  have  beautiful  Paradise  birdies  in  our  world  -  I  saw  many  photos  and  some  video's  too !   I  look  for  a  video....

I  also  informed  me  about  this  beautiful  Strelitzia  plant / Bird  of  paradise  plant :)  Look  my  photos....

strelitzia-1384363.jpg

I  love  the  first  one,  bec.  red - orange  and  blue  color !   I  can  buy  it  here  sometimes  as  fresh  flower,  for  ca. 4 - 5  Euro,  but  its  nice  for  ca. 2 - 3  weeks :)   I  will  soon  ask  for  a  new  one :D:x   For  plant  it,  our  area  is  too  cold  for  many  months,  sorry :(

Strelitzia /strɛˈlɪtsiə/[1] is a genus of five species of perennial plants, native to South Africa. It belongs to the plant family Strelitziaceae.[2] The genus is named after the duchy of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, birthplace of Queen Charlotte of the United Kingdom. A common name of the genus is bird of paradise flower / plant, because of a resemblance of its flowers to birds-of-paradise. In South Africa it is commonly known as a crane flower and is featured on the reverse of the 50 cent coin. It is the floral emblem of the City of Los Angeles; two of the species, Strelitzia nicolai and Strelitzia reginae, are frequently grown as house plants.[3]

Strelitzia_larger.jpg

STRELITZIA  -  BIRD  OF  PARADISE  !!!!.jpg

Spain,_autumn_2011_051.jpg

The  last  one  was  growing  in  Spain,  autumn  -

We  have  beautiful  Paradise  birdies  in  our  world  -  I  saw  many  photos  and  some  video's  too !   I  look  for  a  video....

Whenever opportune in the preaching work and people tell us they are going to heaven, we ask, "Where would you and others go for holidays? Surely few would say that they go to church every day, or do religious work day and night. Most would say they go to national parks, to the mountains, to the seaside or travel around the country, not so." When they agree, so we explain to them that it's because they love this earth. God has put the love of his 'footstool' in their hearts. (Eccl. 3:11) It makes them think.

image.png

image.png

Oh...  I  believe  you,  THAT  makes  them  think,   YES !   Poor  people,  thinking  alot  wrong  around the  corner....  thereby  its  SO  simple  when  they  think  the  right  way !    I  found  a  nice  video  about  some  beautiful   BIRDS  OF  PARADISE :D  By  youtube  still  other  video's  with  SO  stunning,  beautiful  and  funny  BEAUTIES  there !

ENJOY  THIS  VIDEO.....   ( until  later ! )

3 hours ago, Queen Esther said:

Oh...  I  believe  you,  THAT  makes  them  think,   YES !   Poor  people,  thinking  alot  wrong  around the  corner....  thereby  its  SO  simple  when  they  think  the  right  way !    I  found  a  nice  video  about  some  beautiful   BIRDS  OF  PARADISE :D  By  youtube  still  other  video's  with  SO  stunning,  beautiful  and  funny  BEAUTIES  there !

ENJOY  THIS  VIDEO.....   ( until  later ! )

We cannot have insight to Jehovah’s mind, (Rom. 11:34) but we do have imagination, so, we can think that he was  humorous during the creation. (Gen 1:20, 21) This came to mind while watching this interesting video - Thank you.

After making the fish and birds, he may have had his angels guessing when told that he will create flying fish and birds that swim like fish. (Penguins)

When it came to the animals they may have wondered how some could fly like birds and others would live under water permanently. (Bats, dolphins and whales)

I had sent in a request to Interflora for a bouquet to be sent to a family member who was sick in a distant country and they selected a bouquet consisting mainly of that same flower (Bird of Paradise/Strelitzia), so it has sentimental value to me as well. They sent me a picture of the bouquet.

34 minutes ago, Melinda Mills said:

I had sent in a request to Interflora for a bouquet to be sent to a family member who was sick in a distant country and they selected a bouquet consisting mainly of that same flower (Bird of Paradise/Strelitzia), so it has sentimental value to me as well. They sent me a picture of the bouquet.

In our country all varieties of Strelitzia's are so common people dig them out when other plants are fancied. Its useless trying to sell them. In fact, the white variety spreads and grows very tall I've seen them take over almost half the garden, leaving the rest in darkness. By then, it's very costly to call in someone to cut them down and carry them away. Even more costly if the roots have to be dug out to stop them sprouting. Not so with the orange/yellow varieties.

The similar Madagascar strelitzia is magnificent.

image.jpeg

Dear  Brother  Colin,  thank  you  so  much  for  your  wonderful  post  here !  Also  the  nice  pictures :)  Your  Afrikaans  BYBEL  looking  SO  nice  and  cool,  yes !   And  your  old  Bible....  its  also  interesting  what  you  all  can  tell  us  from  the  life  in  South  Afrika,  from  your  special  &  funny  thoughts  about  Jehovah's  creations  etc. etc. -  I  need  more  time  to  answer,  I  am  sorry....   But  we  enjoy  your  nice  communication  with  us,  THANK  YOU !  Until  later,  ok ?   See  us  soon  again,  yes !

571f22499479a_FRANGIPANI----.jpg.33194dbea8146b079848c224af786d20.jpg

These  are  my  beloved  flowers  calls,  FRANGIPANI....  from  the  Maldives  -  do  you  know  them  too ?

My  plant,  pretty  simple,  I  got  before  many  years  from  a  waiter  by  farewell....  has  only  leaves  and  never  a  blossom  :(  thats  SO  sad....  This  year  12  leaves,  more  than  ever !   The  smell  is  unbelievable  nice :x

I  remember  from  the  past....   maybe  its  too  cold  here  for  prosper / blooming ?  Some  month's  are  really  cold  in  North  Germany !   But  some  can  be  very  warm / hot.  -  Every  year  its  a  surprise  with  our  summer !

Dear  Brother  Colin,  thank  you  so  much  for  your  wonderful  post  here !  Also  the  nice  pictures :)  Your  Afrikaans  BYBEL  looking  SO  nice  and  cool,  yes !   And  your  old  Bible....  its  also  interesting  what  you  all  can  tell  us  from  the  life  in  South  Afrika,  from  your  special  &  funny  thoughts  about  Jehovah's  creations  etc. etc. -  I  need  more  time  to  answer,  I  am  sorry....   But  we  enjoy  your  nice  communication  with  us,  THANK  YOU !  Until  later,  ok ?   See  us  soon  again,  yes !

571f22499479a_FRANGIPANI----.jpg.33194dbea8146b079848c224af786d20.jpg

These  are  my  beloved  flowers  calls,  FRANGIPANI....  from  the  Maldives  -  do  you  know  them  too ?

My  plant,  pretty  simple,  I  got  before  many  years  from  a  waiter  by  farewell....  has  only  leaves  and  never  a  blossom  :(  thats  SO  sad....  This  year  12  leaves,  more  than  ever !   The  smell  is  unbelievable  nice :x

I  remember  from  the  past....   maybe  its  too  cold  here  for  prosper / blooming ?  Some  month's  are  really  cold  in  North  Germany !   But  some  can  be  very  warm / hot.  -  Every  year  its  a  surprise  with  our  summer !

Yes I also had some in my gardens. Cultivated varieties are better, such as the giant yellow. The red variety is one I liked the most. We also had green houses with orchids and bromeliads, and a large collections of aloes - over the years and not all at the same time. As our children grew we had to sell up and move nearer to their schools.

image.png

Please help me with this problem. Whenever I upload something like the picture above, I get the message: "You have uploaded without formatting" If I leave the picture all is well. Others also upload so I don't understand. No one has yet complained.

I  see  NO  problem....  all  is  ok !    Maybe  this  website  makes  sometimes  problems  with  any  'bla bla'....   I  know  that  also  from  different  things  :(   Ignore  it !!   I  was  also  little  angry  here  by  this  and  that...  its  of  sure  the  technology !!!!

WOW...  you  have  the  FRANGIPANI  plant  at  home ?  Be  happy,  yes !   I  know  the  many  kind  of  sorts....  Yes,  the  red  one  is  also  a  fav. !   But  in  my  hand  I  ONLY  had  this  from  my  photo.  The  blossoms  were  growing  on  many  small,  but  also  on  few  very  big  trees !   When  we  had  our  meals,  we  always  met  one  of  these  trees  and  many  blossoms  were  on  the  ground....  I  always  took  a  blossom  bec.  the  smell  caught  me  daily,  hahaha.  I  miss  it  alot !!   Maybe  I  buy  a  bigger  Frangipani  with  blossoms,  but  with  white - yellows !  I  don't  know  how  is  the  smell  of  the  other  colors ?

The  other  plant  I  also  have  in  my  flat,  one  Aloe  Vera,  the  real  one !     I  got  it  from  a  sister  in  South  Switzerland !   Its  looking  like  No. 8  on  your  picture :D

Now  I  have  another  question,  a  sister  told  me  about  your  original   BLUE  AFRIKAANS  BYBEL......

Is  it  true,  in  Afrikaans  Bibles  is  NOT  the  name  Jehovah  inside ??  The  sister  was  also  living  in  S. - Africa !  Sister  Arauna  wrote :

New living translation it says on the front of the bible.  I hope it has Jehovah's name in it.  

I came in the Truth in South Africa when most of the Bibles in the tribal languages had the name of Jehovah in it  throughout the bibles.  I used to use these African language translations to prove that the name had been taken out of the Afrikaans bible,  because the company which translated the tribal languages also distributed the Afrikaans one. ..   so sneaky.    Later,  they also took jehovah's name out of the other 11 national languages of south africa.

The name of Jehovah had been removed in the 1933 translation in the Afrikaans. The original translations of Du Toit and Pannevis  in the 19th century had the name in the Afrikaans Translation.

Maybe  you  can  tell  me  something  to  that ?    SEE  US  LATER  AGAIN  HERE !

WISH  YOU  A  NICE  MONDAY,  SO  LONG :)

31 minutes ago, Queen Esther said:

I  see  NO  problem....  all  is  ok !    Maybe  this  website  makes  sometimes  problems  with  any  'bla bla'....   I  know  that  also  from  different  things  :(   Ignore  it !!   I  was  also  little  angry  here  by  this  and  that...  its  of  sure  the  technology !!!!

WOW...  you  have  the  FRANGIPANI  plant  at  home ?  Be  happy,  yes !   I  know  the  many  kind  of  sorts....  Yes,  the  red  one  is  also  a  fav. !   But  in  my  hand  I  ONLY  had  this  from  my  photo.  The  blossoms  were  growing  on  many  small,  but  also  on  few  very  big  trees !   When  we  had  our  meals,  we  always  met  one  of  these  trees  and  many  blossoms  were  on  the  ground....  I  always  took  a  blossom  bec.  the  smell  caught  me  daily,  hahaha.  I  miss  it  alot !!   Maybe  I  buy  a  bigger  Frangipani  with  blossoms,  but  with  white - yellows !  I  don't  know  how  is  the  smell  of  the  other  colors ?

The  other  plant  I  also  have  in  my  flat,  one  Aloe  Vera,  the  real  one !     I  got  it  from  a  sister  in  South  Switzerland !   Its  looking  like  No. 8  on  your  picture :D

Now  I  have  another  question,  a  sister  told  me  about  your  original   BLUE  AFRIKAANS  BYBEL......

Is  it  true,  in  Afrikaans  Bibles  is  NOT  the  name  Jehovah  inside ??  The  sister  was  also  living  in  S. - Africa !  Sister  Arauna  wrote :

New living translation it says on the front of the bible.  I hope it has Jehovah's name in it.  

I came in the Truth in South Africa when most of the Bibles in the tribal languages had the name of Jehovah in it  throughout the bibles.  I used to use these African language translations to prove that the name had been taken out of the Afrikaans bible,  because the company which translated the tribal languages also distributed the Afrikaans one. ..   so sneaky.    Later,  they also took jehovah's name out of the other 11 national languages of south africa.

The name of Jehovah had been removed in the 1933 translation in the Afrikaans. The original translations of Du Toit and Pannevis  in the 19th century had the name in the Afrikaans Translation.

Maybe  you  can  tell  me  something  to  that ?    SEE  US  LATER  AGAIN  HERE !

WISH  YOU  A  NICE  MONDAY,  SO  LONG :)

Thank you for helping with the problem. I think most frangipani smell the same, maybe not the red one, I preferred only the flower. Out roses gave us fragrance.

The Afrikaans Bibles do not include God's name, they use the word, HERE. Please read the Divine Name” brochure 1984. You will hear how the Nederlandse Gehervormde Kerk removed God's name from the cornerstone of their church in Paarl, SA.

However, there was a time when the Afrikaner Bible used God's name. I was given a copy of a note by a loving sister Nienaber, Gonubie congregation, who passed away in 2015. It was very old, dirty and tattered, so I cleaned it up a little using Microsoft Paint.

You may pass it on so that the world can see this shameful act.

image.png

On 7/3/2017 at 7:32 AM, Colin Browne said:

Yes I also had some in my gardens. Cultivated varieties are better, such as the giant yellow. The red variety is one I liked the most. We also had green houses with orchids and bromeliads, and a large collections of aloes - over the years and not all at the same time. As our children grew we had to sell up and move nearer to their schools.

image.png

Please help me with this problem. Whenever I upload something like the picture above, I get the message: "You have uploaded without formatting" If I leave the picture all is well. Others also upload so I don't understand. No one has yet complained.

> The  other  plant  I  also  have  in  my  flat,  one  Aloe  Vera,  the  real  one

Hi Queen E, you seem to be aware that many short aloes are often sold as, Aloe Vera. There are so many varieties even Reynolds had both photos and illustrations in his book.  At one time I had both Reynolds books, Aloes of South Africa and Aloes of Tropical Africa. A collector near year gave me two Aloe Buhrii, one with red flowers the other yellow. An aloe common to our area is Aloe saponaria. (Soapy) Nearby ones have red flowers. Those further to the East have yellow flowers. Seemingly, colour changes according to the animal or insect that pollinates them. There are many honey sucking and sugar birds here, and the yellow variety depend on insects.

The Buhrii aloes were new discoveries from South West Africa. (Now Namibia) As for Aloe Vera, These are short plants with thick leaves, of which there are many varieties. Cosmetic manufacturers claim that the products are good for skin problems. I've only heard of one medical use of aloes. The aloe arborescent. It's said to cure radio active burns.The leaves are sliced in layers and bandaged over burns. 

Would you believe this. Third aloe in the original picture sent, (rotating leaves) comes from the high Drakensburg mountains in Botswana. (Basutoland) These are covered with ice during the winter. :( Brrrrrrrrrother.

Thank you again for your detailed answer, Brother Colin ! Yes I know,  it does give alot  of different species of Aloe Vera....  but I also have the real one, I believe -  its Aloe Vera barbaris...  right ?  One time, I saw yellow flowers, by an older plant.  Now I have a little 'child'  from my old plant and it takes time for own flowers....  patience !

I tell more later...  my cold  Brrrrrrother, hahahaha  Never knew, some Aloe Vera will grow in cold areas ?  Thats new for me...  YES !  See you later...

By many postings, our "talk-post"  will go to page 2 or 3....  but I saw, you found it, 

HILARIOUS ! :D

On 7/4/2017 at 4:43 PM, Colin Browne said:

> The  other  plant  I  also  have  in  my  flat,  one  Aloe  Vera,  the  real  one

Hi Queen E, you seem to be aware that many short aloes are often sold as, Aloe Vera. There are so many varieties even Reynolds had both photos and illustrations in his book.  At one time I had both Reynolds books, Aloes of South Africa and Aloes of Tropical Africa. A collector near year gave me two Aloe Buhrii, one with red flowers the other yellow. An aloe common to our area is Aloe saponaria. (Soapy) Nearby ones have red flowers. Those further to the East have yellow flowers. Seemingly, colour changes according to the animal or insect that pollinates them. There are many honey sucking and sugar birds here, and the yellow variety depend on insects.

The Buhrii aloes were new discoveries from South West Africa. (Now Namibia) As for Aloe Vera, These are short plants with thick leaves, of which there are many varieties. Cosmetic manufacturers claim that the products are good for skin problems. I've only heard of one medical use of aloes. The aloe arborescent. It's said to cure radio active burns.The leaves are sliced in layers and bandaged over burns. 

Would you believe this. Third aloe in the original picture sent, (rotating leaves) comes from the high Drakensburg mountains in Botswana. (Basutoland) These are covered with ice during the winter. :( Brrrrrrrrrother.

Aloe Variegata. Afrikaans name Kannie dood (Can’t die) This may be true if thrown on a very sandy roof.   But it will die very quickly if watered too often. We saw this aloe on an inland trip growing in sand at an isolated shack and the owner readily accepted our cash offer. When we returned about a week later along the same route past the same shack, we were surprised to see that owner had planted about twenty of these plants right in front of their house. We never took any more, but warned them that they may have problems should someone report them, and suggested that they rather plant them far from their home.

By contrast to the above, Aloe Thrashkii grows in pure sea sand right above the high tide mark, in the Port Shepstone area, on sand dunes. It thrives despite the salty spray from onshore winds.

image.png

Thats  true...   NOT  too  often  watering,  I  had  to  learn  that !   Desert  plants,  like  cactuses,  also  aloe  vera  etc.  need  only  less  water....   When  I  was  very  young,  all  my  tiny  sweet  cactuses  died :(   The  best  growing  is  probably  in  the  nature !   My  plants  got  in  last  very  warm  Sept. a  new  pot  and  special  ground.  Seems,  they  are  very  happy  now,  the  Frangipani  has  so  many  and  long  leaves  she  never  had ! Thats  a  big  joy :D  In  the  NW  I  want  learn  more  and  more  about  all  that !!   I  try  bring  pictures  from  my  plants  to  here  or  to  private  message,  so  you  have  a  little view....

I  saw,  you  have  little  fun  by  posting  here...  very  good !   SEE  US  LATER  >>>>>>>>

Wish  you  a  wonderful  weekend,  Brother  Colin :)

There is a very old proverb, "Nature hates a vacuum". Look at the Welwitchia plant below. Read more about the plant here:

Hello guest!

image.jpeg

Our God created plants to fill the entire earth, and each of these have a built in ability to survive under the weather conditions peculiar to that particular environment. 

Oh  yes,  dear  @Noble Berean  I  remember  these  MC's  very  good !  With  Kingdom songs  and  many  Talks  too :)   My  girlfriend  did  the  same  with  her  children  and  they  loved  it  very  much...  That  was  a  good  train  for  bringing  the  truth  into  their  hearts ?

Later,  I  made  many  records  on  Cassettes  and  CD's  for  me  and  also  many  copies  for  interested  Sisters, all  appreciated  that  alot :x    I  still  have  many  Talks  at  home,  also  of  some  anointed  Brothers.  Very  nice  reminders,  yes.   Thanks  for  your  nice  comment  and  your  pictures.  Best  wishes  from  Germany !

Good to hear about the 'anointed Brothers'. Brother Andrew Jack (anointed) studied with me in 1956, and we had the pleasure of inviting him him regularly to have meals at our home.  (Matt. 25:35) Brother Jack who came from Scotland was present when the equivalent of the circuit overseer in those days asked whether any of the brothers present would like to move to South Africa. He immediately jumped up and shouted, "Here I am, send me." (Isa. 6:8)

Thats  wonderful  to  hear  my  dear  Brother :)  Its  always  especially,  to  speak  with  an  anointed  Brother.  Mostly  we  feel  a  difference  bec.  very  much  spiritual  talks  and  knowledge.  I  can tell  you  more  a  little  later  here  -  now  other  duties,  sorry....

See  us  soon,  Brother  Colin  and  have  a  nice  day  in  your  far  away,  but  wonderful  South  Africa !

Brother Andrew had some good and bad experiences. Hereunder are a few links you can type in at the 2017 WT Library: Jack, Andrew: yb07 183 (dx86-16 Latvia) w09 7/15 p. 24 Ninety Years Ago I Began to ‘Remember My Grand Creator’

Here's part of it: 

In 1931 at a convention in London, Brother Rutherford called for volunteers to spread the good news in foreign lands. I volunteered, and along with Andrew Jack, I was assigned to Kaunas, then the capital of Lithuania. I was 18 years old.”

At the time, Lithuania was an impoverished agricultural society, and preaching in the rurals posed challenges. Accommodations were difficult to obtain, and some lodging places we remembered for a long time. For instance, one night Andrew and I woke up because we felt uncomfortable. After we lit the oil lamp, we saw that the bed was covered with hundreds of bedbugs. We were bitten from head to foot! Each morning for a week, I had to stand up to my neck in the cold water of a nearby river to ease the pain. Still, we were determined to carry on in the ministry. Soon thereafter, the lodging problem was solved when we met a young couple who had embraced Bible truth. They took us into their home, which was tiny but clean. We gladly slept on the floor, and what a relief it was!

Truthfully, the collection of the old books which I had collected were on a book rack 1.2 meters wide, and from my lower hips to the ceiling. It pained me to give them away, but the person who received them was a very good friend and elder. These included Byington's Bible, with God's name Jehovah throughout and only 100,000 were printed. Also The Emphatic Dialogue which had God's name in the Greek Christian scriptures. I cannot recall how many other rare books there were among them. At 86 years old, every morning could be the last. One can only imagine what could have happened to those books after my death. (Eccl. 2:21) Every aged brother and sister who owns rare books should include a recipient in their wills. The time for "everything under the sun" could also be the time of our passing, which could well be when least expected.

Awww...  poor  brothers :(  not  an  easy  Kingdom-work  you  had  in  the  past !   You  was  young  and  it  was  a  very  good  train  for  your  whole  life  and  our  soon  hard  time...  I  appreciate  your  very  strong  work  with  alot  deprivations...   WHAT  a  wonderful  example  for  us  all  here !!   And  of  sure  you  was  learning  very  much,  dear  Brother  Colin.  -   I'm  feeling  so  small  when  I  hear  such  of  nice  old  experiences...  but  I  love  it :x  can  learn  from  other  JW !   PS.  I  would  give  away  your  precious  books,  but  only  to  the  right  Brothers  -  or  to  your  Bethel ?   I  can  imagine  how  you  feel  about  that !  My  time  again  little  reduced...  so  I  posted  our  song  No. 138  with  wonderful  flowers  for  you :)  Enjoy  it....     Next  time  more  to  your  comments,  okay ?     Take  care  my  Brother !

Best  wishes  from  Germany,  Agape !

Thanks sister for your kind words. My favourite song is "He will call" (Job 14:13-15) in expectation of my dear wife's resurrection. With regard to the book of Job, I often wonder whether Jehovah was referring to Job's hidden enemy, Satan, at Job 41. The crocodile is the true king of beasts. An unseen enemy that can even kill a lion, which the world considers to be the king of beasts.

2  different  songs   of   *HE  WILL  CALL*   I  posted  for  you ....

JEHOVAH  WILL  CALL -  and  your  wife  will  healthy  running  into  your  arms ? 

Maybe  Afrikaans  is  there  too ?    36  languages  -  thats  alot ! 

I  am  waiting  first  of  my  Dad  and  my  own  brother...

On 6/21/2017 at 2:12 PM, David Normand said:

The problem with tablets and other electronic devices is they will eventually die without a power source. Books of course will get old and brittle with age, but it takes many years. No idea what books we will have in NW, but my goal is to be there to find out. 

When some apostate or other opposed brings up some older publication I generally say that I am not interested in what they we believed in the past, but am interested in what we believe now. I am very thankful that Jehovah's Faithful Slave is willing to admit mistakes of the past and move forward. 

Cheers my friends.

> The problem with tablets and other electronic devices is they will eventually die without a power source.

How true brother, we should not be antique collectors.

Our collection of old books, bound WT,s etc.. were taken with us wherever we went since the 50's. By 1968 the list included The Harp of God in early Dutch. Circa 2012 these were all given to an elder friend a year before going to an old age home, including Byingtons Bible. (Only 100,000 were printed). He in turn gave half of these to other brothers. We kept only one old booklet and four of the later books.

We would be just as happy using the Bible and the Watchtower Library.

Thank  you, dear  Brother  @Colin Browne  and  yes,  I  like  a  Library  of paper - books  very  much  -  but  for  finding  many  things  very  quickly,  the  online - library  is  really  a  nice  blessing :x   Also  our  faithful  slave  is  working  per  online...  time  is  very  rare  and  precious, they  have  alot  to  prove  bec. SO  many  languages  we've !  The  silver  Bible  in  German  will  be  the  last  one,  I  heard  in  a  CO. Talk. But  it  will  be  the  best  Bible  *EVER*  he  said :)

We  already  waiting  since  ca. 4-5 years  and  I  ordered  before  3 years  an  English  specimen  for  me.

Many  of  our  congregation  now  having  a  silver  Bible  at  home 1f64f.png1f495.png1f601.png    *THE  BEST  BIBLE  EVER*.....

Yes,  my  goal  is  the  NW  too 1f601.png    FINALLY  LOVE  &  PEACE !

On 8/3/2017 at 1:41 AM, Queen Esther said:

Oh  yes,  dear  @Noble Berean  I  remember  these  MC's  very  good !  With  Kingdom songs  and  many  Talks  too :)   My  girlfriend  did  the  same  with  her  children  and  they  loved  it  very  much...  That  was  a  good  train  for  bringing  the  truth  into  their  hearts ?

Later,  I  made  many  records  on  Cassettes  and  CD's  for  me  and  also  many  copies  for  interested  Sisters, all  appreciated  that  alot :x    I  still  have  many  Talks  at  home,  also  of  some  anointed  Brothers.  Very  nice  reminders,  yes.   Thanks  for  your  nice  comment  and  your  pictures.  Best  wishes  from  Germany !

I have a very good friend with whom I often work doing street work with the trolley. During idle moments we share scriptural thoughts. In this way we broaden our knowledge of Jehovah's word. (Psalm 17:27)

Many stop to examine the literature on display. Considering that the need is greater among the Black population, we try to draw their interest to God's kingdom with the brochure 'Who really controls the world', and 'Can the dead really live again'.

Watch the video and see how violent some can be in other countries. The perpetrator is actually a church minister. (Luke 23:34)

I had a problem sending this message. While keeping this website loaded, I briefly went back to the folder to check whether there were related incidents. When I returned the internet was dropped and it took a while to get back. Perhaps someone can explain what to do in such cases.

Minister destroys JW trolley.mp4

It's this type of religious intolerance that will see us being banned by the UN:

United Nations to ban religion?

Hello guest!

Forums:

Hello guest!
    Hello guest!
    Hello guest!
    Hello guest!
    Hello guest!