Queen Esther

DO YOU REMEMBER THESE OLD, RARE DIFFERENT BOOKS ?

Topic Summary

Created

Last Reply

Replies

Views

Queen Esther -
Queen Esther -

Top Posters

On 2017/06/19 at 5:15 AM, Queen Esther said:

My  books  all  younger.....   and  yours ?    These  maybe,  1930  - 1960 ?   Anyone  know  some  of  these  books ?  Thank  you :)

Yes, I do have a computer, and I'm still in the field ministry group. So, I only kept the more recent books, IE: Isaiah's prophecy, Pay attention to Daniel, God's word for us through Jeremiah, The Bible God's word or mans and the latest, Worship the only True God. I also have the 1973 Comprehensive Concordance which I consult almost daily.

It will be nice to know how many other of our spiritual family have the latter book.

The cover is dark red.

On 2017/06/20 at 7:51 AM, Queen Esther said:

Thank  you  Brother  Colin...    I  have  to  answer  you  after  sleeping,  okay?   I  was  long  time  here,  now  I  need  to  rest,  sorry.  -   In  some  hours  I  come  back  again !  :)   bye  bye  for  now........

At a book sale a few years ago, I bought a book named "The 'Power and Glory' by Adam Nicholson 2002, its about the making of the King James version. (Authorised version) The notes were harvested from the remains of the great London fire. It's very interesting, and all references are quoted in the back pages. The era included the Guy Fawkes plot, the 1601 rebellion, and Milton who wrote Paradise lost and Paradise regained. James was no fool. All his bishops were in attention, and when the topic of baptism came up one bishop suggested that sand could be used if water was not available. James rebuked him saying that it would have been better had the chamber been emptied over him. The Puritans were also present but these hardly received a hearing. When one of these asked the king that the new bible rather be a Puritan bible, James said, "I'll give you the very opposite." It's history and it's all true. All the bishops were named. I no longer have the book.

By the way, flea markets often sell older copies of our books.

The problem with tablets and other electronic devices is they will eventually die without a power source. Books of course will get old and brittle with age, but it takes many years. No idea what books we will have in NW, but my goal is to be there to find out. 

When some apostate or other opposed brings up some older publication I generally say that I am not interested in what they we believed in the past, but am interested in what we believe now. I am very thankful that Jehovah's Faithful Slave is willing to admit mistakes of the past and move forward. 

Cheers my friends.

16 hours ago, Queen Esther said:

Yes...  our  WT  society  was  making  some  mistakes  in  the  past  Brother  Colin,  we  all  knowing !  The  Bible  is  too  complex  to  understanding,  not  so  easy.   But  the  Brothers  always  made  it  public,  thats  good !

WOW,  very  old  books  you  got  in  your  life :)   Now  probable  a  'place - problem'  in  your  last  home ?

Do  you've  still  some  theocratic  books ?  But  you've  a  comp.  at  home,  so  you  have  alot  to  read  and  to  talk,  its  not  boring  around  you :D   Talking  with  others  is  very  importend !   In  some  old  age  homes  in  Germany,  living  Brothers  and  Sisters  and  they  have  regular  meetings  in  a  separate  room,  thats  very  nice !   In  your  home  similar ?     May  Jehovah  bless  you,  our  Brother  Colin ❤     @Colin Browne    Greetings  from  Germany !

I'm the only JW at this home among a mixture of other faiths. Some sisters regularly read to residents. The first was the entire 'Jesus the way, the truth, the life' book. Other ministers and priests also come to feed their flocks, but on different days. The book 'God's Kingdom Rules' paragraph 16 assures us that we will have everlasting security. All national barriers and passports will end.

Imagine how nice it will be to walk among wild animals and even sleep in the forests. (Eze. 34:25)

image.png

Thanks very much for your answer-comment @butchsweet :)   All the old books ?  WOW...  from your parents or your own ?  Thats really rare,  similar by Brother Colin. Little treasures you have at home, but some things not so actual /current.  I mean the wrong knowledge to some Bible scriptures...  But the WT. org  made that all public, that was very good for us JW.  We have to be honest in all things !

Greetings from Germany ???

Look the comment from our ARchiv@L on page 2,  @Melinda Mills ??  He posted your book there,  bec. he studied it as child ! I asked him for looking to some older books and he did it ! Thank you dear Brother @ARchiv@L  :)  Yes, we are a good team here :D   GREETINGS  TO  ALL......❤️

Great,  Brother Colin...  you're a big example for us all here ?❤️   I appreciate your activity :)  thats very good for a longer life ! Do you want be alive by Armageddon ?  maybe YES !  Many older activ JW saying  YES :D   I remember your picture from the past...  cute animals, xD  I am also full of joy to see all our animals, wild and tender, yes and sleeping outdoor too !  Watching the stars and alot more...  I wish you always much joy together with your Brothers and Sisters serving Jehovah !  I will ask our Brother @ARchiv@L  if he still find some other old books for showing here....

Until next time  -  May Jehovah bless you, dear Brother Colin???

On 6/20/2017 at 10:24 PM, Queen Esther said:

Yes...  our  WT  society  was  making  some  mistakes  in  the  past  Brother  Colin,  we  all  knowing !  The  Bible  is  too  complex  to  understanding,  not  so  easy.   But  the  Brothers  always  made  it  public,  thats  good !

WOW,  very  old  books  you  got  in  your  life :)   Now  probable  a  'place - problem'  in  your  last  home ?

Do  you've  still  some  theocratic  books ?  But  you've  a  comp.  at  home,  so  you  have  alot  to  read  and  to  talk,  its  not  boring  around  you :D   Talking  with  others  is  very  importend !   In  some  old  age  homes  in  Germany,  living  Brothers  and  Sisters  and  they  have  regular  meetings  in  a  separate  room,  thats  very  nice !   In  your  home  similar ?     May  Jehovah  bless  you,  our  Brother  Colin ❤     @Colin Browne    Greetings  from  Germany !

I've never even seen a printing error on our society's literature, only one mistake (In an 'very early' book) which was later corrected in a Watchtower issue later. Wikipedia pages once had many mistakes, but these were mostly user input.(Recently users need to login to add or edit)

According to this page:

Hello guest!

there are over 10,000 religions. Which is why our society published the book "What has religion done for mankind". When we went from door to door in early days most people would tell us that they "had there own religion" Having no idea of what people believe in other faiths besides Christianity, the book mentioned in this paragraph was primarily designed to inform us as God's people, but also the public. It was not really a mistake to show the world the truth. The Jain 'religion' wear masks to avoid inhaling flying insects. We can now tactfully ask them, "What about the millions of creatures you trample on just taking a short walk". 

Yes,  you  are  right   Brother  Colin,  in  many  things  I  agree !    Haha...  many  people  often  tell  us  the  same  like  in  the  past...  'we  have  our own  Religion',  YES !   Then  we  say,   well,  thats  very  nice  you  still  have  a  belief  in  that  crazy  time  today !   A  little  praise  and  then  we  have  a  basic  for  going  on :)

When  the  people  get  a  praise,  they  mostly  want  to  tell  more,  thats  good !

With  the  WT  mistakes  I  tell  you  tmw.  bec. its  little  different  to  your  understanding...  I  tell  you  what  I  mean,  okay ?  Now  its  too  late  again,  sorry :(  I  am  on  the  other  side  of  Earth,  yes,  always  day  and  night,  thats  a  problem  for  me,  I  don't  like  it !   But  I  like  your  writing...  its  sometimes  funny  -  with  our  tiny  insects  etc.xD       Until  tomorrow  Brother  Colin....   Take  care

Brother  Colin,  I  not  meant  any  writing  mistakes  by  our  organisation....   I  mean  the  different  *new  lights*  we  got  and  still  get  step  by  step,  after  a  better  understanding,  example  1995,  the  new  generation...   and  now  our  last  anointed  Brothers,  not  coming  with  us  into  the  NW  !!   Until  Armageddon  they  now  all  completed  their  temporal  life...  so  we  learned  it  lastly !  You  now  understand  what  I  mean ?  These  mistakes  the  JW.org  always  made  public  for  all,  bec. stay  honest,  yes ?  Tell  me  please  your  opinion,  thank  you :)

Wish  you  a  great  weekend  and  stay  healthy !  We  had  very  hot  weather  last  days  here...  now  better !  How  is  the  weather  in  your  area ??

Until  to  next  time,  Brother  @Colin Browne  :D 

Yes it's difficult for you to convey your thoughts to English. As you said, the correct way is, to say, "We now have new light on the matter" Prov. 4:18.

Where I'm living, it's 10 degrees centigrade this morning and my fingers are frozen.

One of the old books I remember was made for publishers, "Equipped for every good work."

It was good news for us this time when our society explained "This generation." Before that we couldn't understand. But we maintained "A waiting attitude" knowing that Jehovah would give us 'new light'.

Yes,  English  is  not  my  home - language,  sorry :(  But  we've  a  good  understanding,  I  think  so... :)   Your  Bible - scripture  is  working  right,   Prov.  4:18,

18 But the path of the righteous is like the bright morning light
That grows brighter and brighter until full daylight.

I  copied  your  study - book  titles  for  our  Brother  ARchiv@L...  maybe  he  find  it  in  our  Archives  here  for  showing ?  That  were  nice !

10  degrees  centigrade,  is  that  minus - 10 ?  bec. frozen  morning  hands...   Are  you  living  near  the  Arctis  or  similar ? :D  I  thought,  you  are  from  Australia,  perhaps ?  or  high  in  the  north  of  America ?  Tell  me  please....

I  can  see,  also  our  nice  older  JW.  ones  learned  alot  good  theocratic  things !   We've  today  many  video's  etc. more  technology,  but  the  old  teachings /doctrines  were  very  good.  "A  waiting  attitude"  was  of  sure  a  very  interesting  book !   Thanks  for  you  nice  explanations  Brother  Colin...   I  think,  some  of  us  enjoy  it !   Until  soon  and  bye bye  for  now  ~~~~~~

We’ve been talking about our society’s older books. We are thankful that these have explained Jehovah’s original word from Moses’ time. The faithful and discreet slave deserve praise for explaining the things hidden to the wise and intellectual ones, but revealed them to us as "young children". A very important book was the first Bible we received. It was the green backed bound books we received in five parts during the early 70’s. I had mine bound by a local newspaper.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.