The World News Media

Why does Jehovah God forbid tattoos?

James Thomas Rook Jr.

On 6/17/2017 at 6:21 PM, AllenSmith said:

Only to the nimble, but I guess Queen Esther would know enough to agree with you. Too bad she doesn't live up to biblical expectation. Since many additional questions give a sane person the answer. Carry on with your basket weaving, or hyperbole, whichever serves your ideology better.

Too bad not to have enough smart people  in this Forum that instead of counter the arguments, answer questions  like this: WHY ? .... does Jehovah God forbid tattoos? prefer to attack other members. I'm sure that @Queen Esther lives a more full and productive life than those who waste  time, breath attacking her or others here. 

• 2 weeks later...

• Views 3.3k
  • Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Now that wasn't so difficult actually was it? I'll overlook the offensive bluster. I know you are capable of an entirely rational response (as in the first quote) when you are in a better frame

When you get old and fat and it stretches into something unsightly.

@AllenSmith. Sorry, can't quote you. It's just too lengthy to dissect! You are rattled, and, as you loose your command of language when that happens, I just do not really follow the syntax of you

Posted Images

On ‎8‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 3:42 PM, Alessandro Corona said:

Since we don't live under the mosaic law anymore, and tattoos were not mentioned by Jesus. they are not a sin. Jesus never commented on Pork, yet we eat pork, but it was a sin in the old testament. So why is eating Pork not a sin, but getting a tattoo is? There is no scripture supporting this stance. 

When does a tattoo become a sin? When you get one because of idolatry. When you engrave images on yourself that represent false gods, idols, etc. 

Thus is why I'm so glad Jesus didn't condemn shell fish!

• 6 months later...

@James Thomas Rook Jr. 

EXODUS 20:4-6 “You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My commandments.

anytime an image is carved permanently on the skin..it's because they are in worship with it...they will deny it...but the fact remains as such...people who don't worship anything other than God..do not tatoo their skin...

On 8/31/2017 at 5:42 PM, Alessandro Corona said:

Since we don't live under the mosaic law anymore, and tattoos were not mentioned by Jesus. they are not a sin. Jesus never commented on Pork, yet we eat pork, but it was a sin in the old testament. So why is eating Pork not a sin, but getting a tattoo is? There is no scripture supporting this stance. 

When does a tattoo become a sin? When you get one because of idolatry. When you engrave images on yourself that represent false gods, idols, etc. 

There is a rule that I understand quite well ... and it's what I call "The Rule of Infinite Variety", which means that when you are dealing with people, you might see twenty people doing the EXACT same things .... but the REASONS  of why they are doing it are really and truly infinite.

As one of many examples, A soldier might go to war because he believes in his country ... one might go because he did not want to go to prison ....one might go because he needed a job and couldn't find one elsewhere ... one might go to test his courage ... one might go to "legally" murder other people, or to rape and pillage .  I have known men and women who went to war because it was the only way to get a college education, and they were willing to risk their lives to become educated.

Infinite variety  You could fill several pages with different reasons for any one example of anything common or uncommon to the affairs of humans.

Understanding this is why I STRONGLY disagree with the following statement.

17 minutes ago, iiuva said:

anytime an image is carved permanently on the skin..it's because they are in worship with it...they will deny it...but the fact remains as such...people who don't worship anything other than God..do not tatoo their skin...

...which is ONLY iiuva's personal opinion, based or her concept of reality..

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.