The World News Media

Could Someone Be Disfellowshipped For Not Believing In The "Overlapping Generation" JW Doctrine AFTER Being Baptized?

PeterR

• Views 7.9k
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There is obviously unity, but the best kinds of unity refer, not to absolute conformity of thought, but to the ability of Witnesses of all ages to respond in their own words with Bible answers to many

I know for a fact, and from personal experience, that it is quite possible to hold differing views from many other Witnesses and continue to have privileges and NOT be disfellowshipped. Among certain

Don't be soft. Diversity is not division.

• 1 month later...
On 6/20/2017 at 4:12 PM, JW Insider said:

Everyone knows that all of us might hold certain minor variations in our personal beliefs about a verse or an idea here and there, and if we are not dogmatic and if it does not contradict a key teaching then we are "safe."  But it is easy to cause trouble with personal beliefs, and it's easy for people to get caught up in the idea that their personal beliefs make them somehow better or more spiritually mature than others. This was a rather obvious problem for a time at Bethel.

Agree with above. Holding a personal belief is different from causing divisions.  How did we get to the stage where Christians would get into trouble for believing something different which is not an essential Christian teaching.  Is overlapping generation in the Bible?

"Acts 15: 28  For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to you except these necessary things: 29 to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols, from blood, from what is strangled, and from sexual immorality. If you carefully keep yourselves from these things, you will prosper. Good health to you!” "

We don't wish to add further burdens to others. If we have personal thoughts on matters - that is freedom of thought and conscience. We don't have to share them and cause divisions.  But we are free to hold them. That's God given.

The days of Inquisition passed  a few hundred years ago.  Are we forgetting history? Why are we attracting trouble by asking persons what we can or cannot personally believe?

• 1 month later...
On 8/31/2017 at 2:33 PM, Alessandro Corona said:

yes you would. I am basically an apostate to them because I don't believe it. 

So why didn't you just get on board and swallow it down while nodding your head? I mean I've heard that the gb mostly right, so shouldn't that be enough to turn your head and look the other way when you know they are teaching wrongs? 

1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Leave him alone!!! He may be an apostate, but he's a NICE apostate - um - I guess. What has he been saying lately?

TTH, did you not read the latest on how to treat apostate ones? LOL 

You might want to take a refresher course, there is no NICE apostates.........Just ask Ray Franz......oh wait, you can't. You can see how he was treated though. He was a very nice man

On 9/6/2017 at 4:04 PM, Shiwiii said:

So why didn't you just get on board and swallow it down while nodding your head? I mean I've heard that the gb mostly right, so shouldn't that be enough to turn your head and look the other way when you know they are teaching wrongs? 

No, as a Christian I have an obligation to warn everyone when they are being misled. Even if it means losing my friends, their blood isn't on my hands,  I warned them all as much as I could. 

Paul said the same regarding a group of people he was preaching to. 

19 hours ago, Alessandro Corona said:

No, as a Christian I have an obligation to warn everyone when they are being misled. Even if it means losing my friends, their blood isn't on my hands,  I warned them all as much as I could. 

Paul said the same regarding a group of people he was preaching to. 

I completely agree

17 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

I have an obligation to warn everyone when they are being misled. Even if it means losing my friends, their blood isn't on my hands,  I warned them all as much as I could.

It's a bit much to suggest that God offs people over the details of modern doctrine. My God does not do so, assuming one does not attempt to grab the wheel from the driver.

And please don't say he does, or if you do say it, say it on the proper thread. It is territory well-covered lately.

4 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

It's a bit much to suggest that God offs people over the details of modern doctrine. My God does not do so, assuming one does not attempt to grab the wheel from the driver.

And please don't say he does, or if you do say it, say it on the proper thread. It is territory well-covered lately.

I think you may have read into what Alessandro posted. I don't see where Alessandro said God would off them because of modern doctrines. What I saw and agree with is the responsibility of a Christian to warn/discuss issues with those around them who may have been mislead. If those folks are so narrow minded to not listen and see things from a different perspective, mind you no one said accept the opposing position, then we have done what we are supposed to do. For someone to adopt an opposing position, one must first accept discussion. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/21/2017 at 15:19, TrueTomHarley said:

This is absolutely incorrect

"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things.... all evidence in fulfillment of Bible prophecy indicates that this corrupt system is due to end in a few years... as a young person you will never fulfill any career that this system offers.

If you are in high school and thinking about a college education, it means at least four, perhaps even six or eight more years to graduate into a specialized career. But where will this system of things be by that time? It will be well on the way toward its finish, if not actually gone"!

Awake! issue of May 22, 1969 on page 15, published by WT

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.