The World News Media

Ellis and Kay

Guest Kurt

image.png

Ellis and Kay have been married for 44 years.  They raised a couple of kids and eventually retired from their jobs.  I remember Kay counting the days to her retirement.  Now together, they have recently embarked on a new adventure, one of full-time volunteering.  They spend their hours in a bible education program, reaching out and helping others to learn the bible which produces transformation in peoples' lives.  Ellis recently met John Var, a man that decided at 82 years old that he wanted to learn to read so he could do something he always wanted to: read the bible.  Ellis and Kay patiently study with John each week.  John Var also enrolled in a literacy program and has made much progress, all with the goal that he can finally read the bible, something he has wanted to do all his years. 

Ellis and Kay needed an ID photo, as their volunteer work is expanding into helping out with local construction of kingdom halls.  I got them to do do a mini-photoshoot, right in front of the kingdom hall they have been attending for many years.  They are excited about attending an upcoming  international convention for Jehovah's Witnesses in Hawaii (such as the one I just attended in Seoul). They will use these photos for business cards. 

• Views 754
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Beautiful smiling couple! 

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.