The World News Media

Daily text, Thursday, June 29. 2017

Queen Esther

1875.jpg

I Will Become What I Choose to Become.—Ex. 3:14.

Jehovah also causes his creation to become whatever he chooses. In line with the meaning of his name, God caused Noah to be an ark builder, Bezalel to be a master craftsman, Gideon to be a victorious warrior, and Paul to be an apostle to the nations. Yes, God’s name has great meaning to his people. And the New World Bible Translation Committee would never undermine the name’s significance by omitting it from the Bible. Over 130 language editions of the New World Translation honor God’s name by including it where it belongs in the sacred text. (Mal. 3:16) In contrast, the current trend in Bible translation is to omit the divine name, substituting a title such as “Lord” or the name of a local god. This is a prime reason why the Governing Body of Jehovah’s Witnesses has given priority to making available to as many people as possible a Bible that honors God’s name. w15 12/15 2:7-9

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/dt/r1/lp-e/2017/6/29

• Views 79
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I Will Become What I Choose to Become.—Ex. 3:14. Jehovah also causes his creation to become whatever he chooses. In line with the meaning of his name, God caused Noah to be an ark builder, Bezale

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.