The World News Media

“Your word is a lamp to my foot, and a light to my roadway.” ?????

Bible Speaks

Your word is a lamp to my foot, and a light to my roadway.” 

?????

This points to two related functions of God’s Word: A lamp to our foot can prevent a fall by illuminating where we walk. A light to our roadway, signifies that we allow God’s Word illuminate the direction or path our life takes. —(Ps 119:105).

?????

A key point of Psalm 119 is the value of God’s word, or message.* Likely as a memory aid, the writer made this an alphabetic song. Its 176 verses are based on successive letters of the Hebrew alphabet. In the original Hebrew, each of the psalm’s 22 stanzas has 8 lines that begin with the same letter. This psalm refers to God’s word, law, reminders, ways, orders, regulations, commandments, judicial decisions, sayings, and statutes. In this article and the next, Psalm 119 will be discussed according to an accurate translation of the Hebrew Bible text. Reflecting on experiences involving Jehovah’s servants past and present should enhance our appreciation for this divinely inspired song and increase our gratitude for God’s written Word, the Bible.

?????

Obey God’s Word and Be Happy

True happiness depends on our walking in God’s law. (Psalm 119:1-8) If we do this, Jehovah will consider us ‘faultless in our way.’ (Psalm 119:1) Being faultless does not mean that we are perfect, but it does indicate that we strive to do Jehovah God’s will. Noah “proved himself faultless among his contemporaries” as a man who “walked with the true God.” 

?????

That faithful patriarch and his family survived the Flood because he pursued the life course outlined by Jehovah. (Genesis 6:9;1 Peter 3:20) Similarly, our survival of this world’s end depends on our ‘carefully keeping God’s orders,’ thus doing his will.—Psalm 119:4.

?????

Jehovah will never leave us if we ‘laud him with uprightness of heart and continue to keep his regulations.’ (Psalm 119:7, 8

?????

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2005283?q=ps+119%3A105&p=par

IMG_8821.JPG

• Views 998
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“Your word is a lamp to my foot, and a light to my roadway.”  ????? This points to two related functions of God’s Word: A lamp to our foot can prevent a fall by illuminating where we walk. A

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.