The World News Media

The Cross

Colin Browne

image.png

The above covers of Watchtowers with a cross and crown in the top left corner ended during the year of my birth. As a young lad of 16, I stayed at the Dunroamin Private hotel in Pretoria while at my first job. The landlady Mrs Kinsella may have been a Jehovah's Witness, or Witnesses called at the hotel. Bedsides various magazines, her library contained a few Watchtowers. Although schooled at the Catholic Marist Brothers, I only had basic Bible knowledge but was keen to learn more, so I took one of the above magazines to my room. At that stage it was believed that all religions lead to God, so the contents didn't impress me, but the picture at the top left of the corner did, so, like all adventurous young boys I sewed together three needles and tattooed the cross and crown on my left arm.

Mrs Kinsella came into my room just as I had finished and busy cleaning my arm. She was shocked and gave me a hard slap as well as a lecture. The tattoo has remained there ever since.

Cross and crown.docx

• Views 639
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Popular Posts

The above covers of Watchtowers with a cross and crown in the top left corner ended during the year of my birth. As a young lad of 16, I stayed at the Dunroamin Private hotel in Pretoria while at my f

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.