The World News Media

Why should you not miss a convention? – ???????

Bible Speaks

Why should you not miss a convention?

???????

Joy is a recurring experience among conventioners. A report on a large convention in 1946 noted: “It was a thrilling sight to observe the many thousands of witnesses comfortably accommodated, and even more joyous to listen as a large orchestra joined with the voices of the multitudes to make the stands ring with gladsome Kingdom songs of praise to Jehovah.” The report added: “The Volunteer Service Department registered workers from among the delegates to man all [the] departments, purely out of the joy of serving their fellow witnesses.” Have you too felt such excitement at district conventions or international conventions?—Ps. 110:3; Isa. 42:10-12.

???????

Certain things have changed in the way conventions are organized. For example, some of God’s people remember when conventions might last eight days! There were morning, afternoon, and evening sessions. Field service was a regular part of the program. A few parts began at nine in the morning, and there were often sessions until nine at night. Volunteers worked long and hard to prepare breakfast, lunch, and supper for attendees. Now the schedule provides for shorter convention days, and food preparation done by families and individuals ahead of time allows them to give more attention to the spiritual feeding program.

???????

Convention features that have long been part of the program are widely anticipated. Spiritual “food at the proper time,” giving us a better understanding of Bible prophecies and teachings, has come not only from discourses but also through new publications released at conventions. (Matt. 24:45) 

???????

Such releases are often tools that help sincere individuals appreciate Scriptural truths. Stimulating Bible-based dramas encourage both young and old to examine their motives and guard against the pressures exerted by the world’s ungodly thinking. The baptism talk likewise offers all of us an opportunity to review our priorities in life and to experience the joy of seeing others symbolize their dedication to Jehovah.

???????

Yes, long a part of pure worship, conventions equip Jehovah’s joyful people to serve him appropriately in challenging times. Such gatherings provide spiritual stimulus, offer opportunities to meet new friends, help us to appreciate our worldwide association of brothers, and are a key means by which Jehovah blesses and cares for his people. 

???????

Surely, each one of us will want to organize his affairs so as to attend and benefit from every session of each convention.—Prov. 10:22.

IMG_9884.JPG

IMG_9785.JPG

• Views 3.2k
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why should you not miss a convention? ??????? Joy is a recurring experience among conventioners. A report on a large convention in 1946 noted: “It was a thrilling sight to observe the many t

I can remember 8 day Assemblies. Some, today, say "I could never do that.". With Jehovah's support we did. I was a child then, we were able to sit through the long days, happy to praise Jehovah. When

Posted Images

I can remember 8 day Assemblies. Some, today, say "I could never do that.". With Jehovah's support we did. I was a child then, we were able to sit through the long days, happy to praise Jehovah. When children complain about having to sit through 3 days, I tell them about the 8 day conventions. It helps them to enjoy the 3 days.

12 hours ago, Ellen Josephine Minton said:

I can remember 8 day Assemblies. Some, today, say "I could never do that.". With Jehovah's support we did. I was a child then, we were able to sit through the long days, happy to praise Jehovah. When children complain about having to sit through 3 days, I tell them about the 8 day conventions. It helps them to enjoy the 3 days.

@Ellen Josephine Minton We did survive, long days! Today is so different, the Faithful Slave knows what we can handle and so does Jehovah. The days are short and wicked and keep panting in till the end! Be joyful that we are being spirituality taken care of. Thank you for your support. Jehovah Bless you! 

?????

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.