The World News Media

Coping With “a Thorn in the Flesh” – ?????

Bible Speaks

Coping With “a Thorn in the Flesh”

?????

How to Cope With a Thorn ???

The apostle Paul begged God to remove the thorn from his flesh. “In this behalf I three times entreated the Lord that it might depart from me.” What was Jehovah’s reply to Paul’s ardent request? “My undeserved kindness is sufficient for you; for my power is being made perfect in weakness.” (2 Corinthians 12:8, 9) Let us analyze this response and see how it can help us to cope with any thornlike problems that pain us.

?????

God encouraged Paul to appreciate the undeserved kindness that had already been extended to him through Christ. Indeed, Paul had been greatly blessed in many ways. Jehovah lovingly granted him the privilege of discipleship, though he had been a fanatic opposer of Jesus’ followers. (Acts 7:58; 8:3; 9:1-4) Jehovah thereafter kindly gave Paul many thrilling assignments and privileges. The lesson for us is clear. Even in the worst of times, we still have many blessings for which to be grateful. Never should our trials make us forget the abundant goodness of Jehovah.—Psalm 31:19.

?????

Today, Jehovah empowers faithful Christians by means of his holy spirit, his Word, and our Christian brotherhood. Like the apostle Paul, we can throw our burdens on Jehovah in prayer. (Psalm 55:22) Although God may not remove our trials, he can grant us the wisdom to cope with them, even with those that are especially hard to bear. Jehovah can also supply us with fortitude—giving us “power beyond what is normal”—to help us endure.—2 Corinthians 4:7.

?????

How do we receive such help? We must diligently study God’s Word, for therein we will find his sure consolations. (Psalm 94:19) In the Bible, we read the poignant words of God’s servants as they begged for divine help. Jehovah’s responses, which often include the use of comforting words, are food for meditation. Study will fortify us so that “the power beyond what is normal may be God’s and not that out of ourselves.” Just as we need to eat physical food every day for nourishment and strength, so we must feed on God’s words regularly. Do we do this? If we do, then we will see that our receiving “power beyond what is normal” helps us to endure whatever figurative thorns may afflict us now.

?????

By enduring whatever figurative thorn is in our flesh, we can find great happiness in showing everyone that Jehovah’s power is being made perfect in our weakness. Paul wrote: “We do not give up . . . Certainly the man we are inside is being renewed from day to day. For though the tribulation is momentary and light, it works out for us a glory that is of more and more surpassing weight and is everlasting; while we keep our eyes . . . on the things unseen. For the things . . . unseen are everlasting.”—2 Corinthians 4:16-18.

?????

Learn more on this subject at:

jw.org

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2002124?q=sharp+or+dull&p=par

IMG_0410.JPG

IMG_0412.PNG

IMG_0413.PNG

• Views 1.8k
  • Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Coping With “a Thorn in the Flesh” ????? How to Cope With a Thorn ??? The apostle Paul begged God to remove the thorn from his flesh. “In this behalf I three times entreated the Lord th

Sis Kay 89, preaches in front of her home in Newcastle, NSW with her own stand! She started three Bible studies. She thinks not of her thorn in the flesh! Jehovah keeps her strong! Nothing will hold h

good timing, Bible Speaks..... just wrote this down into my notebook.    thanks again for the reminder.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, SHARON LEE MOYER said:

good timing, Bible Speaks..... just wrote this down into my notebook.    thanks again for the reminder.

@SHARON LEE MOYER Blessings are from Jehovah! We all will face trials. Some worse than others. Remember Jehovah had to face His Son dying and His death for you and I. So much love, we give love back to Him, showing how grateful we are to Him and to Our Lord Christ Jesus. We know this life is temporary and soon we will all have perfection! Oh so many blessings. Pray for all suffering for His Name sake! Soon His Will, will be accomplished forever! 

Agape, ?????

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.