The World News Media

Where do people go when they die?

BroRando

Many religions teach an array of traditions and customs from reincarnation to entering into another realm. Should we put our trust into traditions and customs?

“In the sweat of your face you will eat bread until you return to the ground, for out of it you were taken. For dust you are and to dust you will return.” (Genesis 3:19)“For the living know that they will die, but the dead know nothing at all,
nor do they have any more reward, because all memory of them is forgotten.” (Ecclesiastes 9:5)“ Do not be amazed at this, for the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out,” (John 5:28)“And he will wipe out every tear from their eyes, and death will be no more, neither will mourning nor outcry nor pain be anymore. The former things have passed away.” (Rev 21:4) 

Would you like to learn more? 

• Views 1.4k
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you for your question . "So we are always of good courage and know that while we have our home in the body, we are absent from the Lord,  for we are walking by faith, not by sight." (2 Corinthians 5:6-7)   

The  Apostles were followers of Christ and had hopes of being Kings and Priests in the Body of Christ as members. "and you made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God, and they are to rule as kings over the earth.” (Rev 5:10)

While they still dwell in their fleshly bodies on earth, they are absent from the 'Body of Christ' in the heavenly places. Therefore, they go walking  by faith, not by sight.  However, one should note the very end of the scripture, "they are to rule as kings over the earth."

The Body of Christ are representatives of God's Kingdom that will bring Paradise Conditions back to the earth.  What will God's Kingdom do for the earth? Read (Rev 21:4)

Take Care.

10 hours ago, Eoin Joyce said:

By death.

So then at that point, as the scriptures say, one would be present with the Lord. Is that how you see it or does the scripture say something different to you? 

2 Cor 5: We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.

19 hours ago, Brother Rando said:

While they still dwell in their fleshly bodies on earth, they are absent from the 'Body of Christ' in the heavenly places.

The verse does not say that we would be absent from the "Body of Christ" while here on Earth, if that were the case then it would not harmonize with the view of 1 Corinthians 12.

That's exactly what 1 Corinthians 12 is talking about, the Body of Christ is One Body.  They were all baptized in the Name of Jesus Christ, not in the name of Apollos, Cephas which is Peter, or to Paul. Jesus Christ is the Head of the Body. "What I mean is this, that each one of you says: “I belong to Paul,” “But I to A·polʹlos,” “But I to Ceʹphas,” “But I to Christ.”  Is the Christ divided? Paul was not executed on the stake for you, was he? Or were you baptized in the name of Paul?" (1 Corinthians  1:12-13)

Now back to 2 Cor 5: We are confident, I say, and willing rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.  They had the hope to be with the Lord in HEAVEN not to stay in their fleshly body here on earth.  These ones are adopted sons of the Father, otherwise known as Christ's Brothers.  

Those who reject the Brothers of Christ are not allowed entry. “When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit down on his glorious throne. 32 All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another, just as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats. 33 And he will put the sheep on his right hand, but the goats on his left.
34 “Then the King will say to those on his right: ‘Come, you who have been blessed by my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the founding of the world. 35 For I became hungry and you gave me something to eat; I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger and you received me hospitably; 36 naked and you clothed me. I fell sick and you looked after me. I was in prison and you visited me.’ 37 Then the righteous ones will answer him with the words: ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and receive you hospitably, or naked and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and visit you?’ 40 In reply the King will say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me.’

Then he will say to those on his left: ‘Go away from me, you who have been cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels. 42 For I became hungry, but you gave me nothing to eat; and I was thirsty, but you gave me nothing to drink. 43 I was a stranger, but you did not receive me hospitably; naked, but you did not clothe me; sick and in prison, but you did not look after me.’ 44 Then they too will answer with the words: ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison and did not minister to you?’ 45 Then he will answer them, saying: ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of these least ones, you did not do it to me.’ 46 These will depart into everlasting cutting-off, but the righteous ones into everlasting life.” (Matthew 25:31-46)

Take care.

18 hours ago, Brother Rando said:

That's exactly what 1 Corinthians 12 is talking about, the Body of Christ is One Body.

of course it is, that's why I stated it. 1 Cor 12 is completely against your claim of this:

On 7/17/2017 at 4:05 PM, Brother Rando said:

While they still dwell in their fleshly bodies on earth, they are absent from the 'Body of Christ' in the heavenly places

Nowhere does 2 Cor 5 state "body of Christ" nor imply that. 

Not sure what the rest of what you wrote has anything to do with the conversation but its your topic, you can on on any tangent you'd like. 

The answer is in the following scriptures.  "But we are of good courage and would prefer to be absent from the body and to make our home with the Lord.  So whether at home with him or absent from him, we make it our aim to be acceptable to him." (2 Corinthians 5:8-9)

"For we must all appear before the judgment seat of the Christ, so that each one may be repaid according to the things he has practiced while in the body, whether good or bad." (2 Corinthians 5:10)

"And as for you, the anointing that you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to be teaching you; but the anointing from him is teaching you about all things and is true and is no lie. Just as it has taught you, remain in union with him." (1 John 22:27)

"The person putting his faith in the Son of God has the witness within himself. The person not having faith in God has made him a liar, because he has not put his faith in the witness given by God concerning his Son." (1 John 5:10) 

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.