The World News Media

Another example of the smothering and high control nature of JW husbands

Jack Ryan

have noticed another popular pattern of behaviour amongst witnesses in recent years.

Many, and I mean LOTS of ones with Instagram accounts have closed the wife's account, and have started a "couple's" account instead. Also, for families. The children's accounts have been closed, and the husband starts a "family account".

It is mainly on the husband's device, and seemingly under his control. (as to what gets posted, and who they follow etc)

It just smacks of the high control nature that the Society encourages! These women and teenagers CAN NOT have their own accounts, but must "subject themselves" under their husbands control??

If that doesn't smack of CONTROL and scream "cult", then nothing does...

• Views 350
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, all three of my children turned out well, by any criteria you would want to use, and they are all three serving Jehovah, and Kingdom interests whole souled ... and when they were growing up they

Well, all three of my children turned out well, by any criteria you would want to use, and they are all three serving Jehovah, and Kingdom interests whole souled ... and when they were growing up they thought what I required of them was oppressive, and several times I got "WHAT! ... Don't we get a vote?".

I always replied the same thing (paraphrased): "This is NOT a democracy, this is a tyranny, and I am the tyrant ... when you get to be 18 years old you are on your own and can do whatever you want to do ... when you are paying all your own bills, including rent.". It must not have been too bad, because my oldest stayed at home for about  three years after he turned 18, and when my youngest turned 18, they ALL (including my ex-wife) moved out.

I had been out of work for almost a year, and was completely out of money, and very sick ... the "ATM machine" was dry.

I perhaps over-did it, but my concept of being a good Father was to first be a Father ... and if I had any energy left over ... be a friend.

Unfortunately, I was stretched to my limit, and was only able to be a Father.

Life is hard ... then you die.

It was a learning experience for the entire family.

The "Society" had NOTHING to do with my operational philosophy .... perhaps more to the point too many John Wayne Movies.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.