The World News Media

Blessings Greater Than Riches! – ?????

Bible Speaks

Blessings Greater Than Riches! 

?????

A Lesson Often Painfully Learned

?????

“Once above the poverty line,” noted a thoughtful observer, “increases in income have surprisingly little relation to personal happiness.” Early in the last century, a reporter had that lesson impressed upon him when interviewing Andrew Carnegie, a pioneer of the steel industry, who was then one of the richest men in the world. “I am not to be envied,” Carnegie told him. “How can my wealth help me? I am sixty years old, and I cannot digest my food. I would give all my millions if I could have youth and health.”

?????

The reporter then added: “Mr. Carnegie suddenly turned, and in hushed voice and with bitterness and depth of feeling quite indescribable, said, ‘If I could make Faust’s bargain I would. I would gladly sell anything to have my life over again.’” Another multimillionaire, oil magnate J. Paul Getty, later said in agreement: “Money doesn’t necessarily have any connection with happiness. Maybe with unhappiness.”

?????

You may well agree with the Bible writer who requested: “Give me neither poverty nor riches. Let me devour the food prescribed for me, that I may not become satisfied and I actually deny you and say: ‘Who is Jehovah?’ and that I may not come to poverty and I actually steal and assail the name of my God.”—Proverbs 30:8, 9.

?????

King Solomon of ancient Israel explained: “I became greater and increased more than anyone that happened to be before me in Jerusalem.” Yet, he added: “Everything was vanity and a striving after wind.” Solomon also stated: “The blessing of Jehovah—that is what makes rich, and he adds no pain with it.”—Ecclesiastes 2:9-11; 5:12, 13;Proverbs 10:22.

?????

The Way to Everlasting Blessings

Clearly, we can only find true and lasting happiness after we properly satisfy our spiritual needs. If we put God first, we will find that every aspect of our lives becomes richer and more rewarding.

?????

Everyone who sincerely exercises faith in Jehovah, the God of the Bible, will not be disappointed. (Romans 10:11-13) How wise, therefore, to pursue now the blessings that are greater than riches!—1 Timothy 6:6-10.

?????

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102009083

IMG_2113.JPG

• Views 730
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Popular Posts

Blessings Greater Than Riches!  ????? A Lesson Often Painfully Learned ????? “Once above the poverty line,” noted a thoughtful observer, “increases in income have surprisingly l

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.