Jack Ryan

• Views 6k
  • Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jay, you apparently do not understand the reason for disfellowshipping (shunning) It is never for the actions you mentioned. It is always for the unrepentant attitude of the individual. Also, by shunn

The JW's in the auditorium wouldn't have applauded if they knew the entire world was watching. This is video taken inside a JW only world. Of course the rest of humanity cannot be expected to und

a heartbreaking video has emerged online showing how far reaching and deeply ingrained this shunning policy is; a video showing JehovahÂ’s Witnesses clapping in applause as a little girl announces she

I  would not applaud, the same I don't applaud when someone is readmitted, I respect the victims that this person may have hurt and are present at the meeting and still deal  with that situation.  

On another note, I remember once I was at a convetion and the brother on the stage announced a deficit of $$$$$ and people started to applaud and my group areound me asked: "Are they clapping for the deficit? this is ridiculous"

I guess nowadays many JWs are being taught not to analize,  just to follow what the crowd or the elders say or do. 

On 8/12/2017 at 11:28 AM, UcyImd1 said:

We were told communication  with family  members was fine. Just not on spiritual matters

Not always. I remember visiting a JW family,  friends very closed to my family, one of the adult daughters was just disfellowshipped, she lived at the next door. Suddenly 2 elders came to meet with this family. I told them I was leaving to give them privacy and but they told me to stay as I was a very closed friend to the family and also to learn about procedures. They told the family that no under any circumstances they should talk to her, unless someone is dying, otherwise nothing, not even about day-to-day affairs

1 minute ago, Nicole said:

They told the family that no under any circumstances they should talk to her, unless someone is dying, otherwise nothing, not even about day-to-day affairs

I have seen Witnesses who were told by the person to be disfellowshipped that it would happen next week, try to get in as much time as they could with that person until the announcement was made ... THEN ... they "ceased to exist".

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.