The World News Media

The special talk is now BEFORE the Memorial

Jack Ryan

YES,  since  short  time  we  know,  the  special  Memorial-talk  is  now  BEFORE!  So  we  perhaps  get  more  people  to  the  importend  *MEMORIAL - ceremony* -  not  just  bad :) 

Its  the  first  time  for  that  change  and  we  will  see  if  it  works !  The  Memorial - counts  will  tell  us  soon....  :x 

• Views 8.1k
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Notwithstanding the fact that every word of this letter has been made public, I am of the opinion that a facsimile of it should have never been published and request that it be deleted.  I have no pro

August 11, 2017 TO ALL BODIES OF ELDERS Re: 2018 Memorial Invitations and Date of Special Talk  FYI: The 2018 Memorial will be held on Saturday, March 31, 2018. The 2019 Memorial will b

UK version  

Posted Images

As I said, I have no problem with quoting the contents of the letter for the very reasons you all  have stated.  Notwithstanding that, my objection is to the posting of the facsimile.  It is unnecessary and totally inappropriate to use the facsimile to give "greater credibility to the authenticity of the information being relayed".

Whoever did that, please remove the facsimile and replace it with a quote; even if it is verbatim.

2 hours ago, Dennis Gilman said:

As I said, I have no problem with quoting the contents of the letter for the very reasons you all  have stated.  Notwithstanding that, my objection is to the posting of the facsimile.  It is unnecessary and totally inappropriate to use the facsimile to give "greater credibility to the authenticity of the information being relayed".

Whoever did that, please remove the facsimile and replace it with a quote; even if it is verbatim.

Well ... I do have a problem with removing the facsimile,  for the reasons I have stated previously, and further, find it completely necessary and appropriate that it be shown as is by whoever the original poster was.

In order to censor information with prior restraint there has to be a clear and present danger of consequences far beyond anything you have previously stated ... because you FEEL it is unnecessary and inappropriate.

What if I said I FEEL it is unnecessary and inappropriate that you have a profile photograph with eye glasses?  I may FEEL strongly that like Clark Kent, you are trying to HIDE your identity by wearing eye glasses ( .. a stupid idea, I even thought so when I was young and reading Superman Comic Books ...).

You are not in Kansas, anymore, Dennis .... you are in a land that if you come up with something stupid and foolish ... BECAUSE you "feel" it is inappropriate, your prerogatives  are laughed at ...

Oh, and by the way.... you STILL have NOT answered the question WHY.

There has to be a reality based hard fact nitty-gritty, down where the rubber meets the road REASON ... OTHER than how you "feel".

That is why I asked you WHY.

Snowflakes that pout and whine when things don't suit them is not a reason that rational people will respond to,  except in certain venues.

You are not in Kansas, anymore.

If we do it YOUR way, it is one foot on the slippery slope to tyranny, ignorance, and injustice by the clueless, confusing cultural preferences as justifiable overreaching and arrogant edicts to others ... having the very best motives ... as they think they are doing the will of Jehovah.

There is too much of that "going around".

That is why in Europe, after spending a billion hours in Field Service in 2017 ... there is a net loss of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Rational, sane people who love Liberty and Truth do not like the "Everything that is not permitted, is forbidden." philosophy.

It creates rebellion where there was none before.

If we could manage to abandon that and similar ingrained cultural philosophies, we would not have to knock on THEIR doors ..... THEY WOULD BE KNOCKING ON OURS!

This is WHY this facimile should stand as presented.

Oh ... and one last very real reason the facsimile is BETTER ... it gives increased confidence that the information has not been "quote mined", as people who lack integrity do to try and make a point that agrees with their agenda, when the author did NOT mean what was presented in the "quotation".

Agenda driven Quote Mining out of context, is INTENDED to deceive, and is flat out EVIL.

If you have an argument to the contrary, this is the place to insert it into the Arena Of Ideas for trial by combat ... and see if it holds up to rational scrutiny .

I would like to read  it.

13 minutes ago, Dennis Gilman said:

You keep your view and I will keep mine.  A facsimile is inappropriate in my opinion.

Absolutely NOTHING wrong with holding that opinion.

What is WRONG is when you expect others to adopt it, without telling them real and valid reasons to do so.

For SOME people ... a real and valid reason MIGHT be because you are cute, and they like you.

For me ... that just does not cut it.

I need to know ......

WHY? !

Since I have already said that you can keep your opinion, tat already shows that I don't expect you to agree with nor adopt my opinion.

As for why:  It begs the question; Where is the limit?  Or are you saying that it is O.K. to just post a facsimile of any letter to the elders?  I guess that your opinion is yes, because you state that you " believe EVERYTHING that we do, down to the last jot and tittle of minutiae, should be public, open, transparent, and that we should be PROUD of it!".  I will forever disagree with that!

4 hours ago, Dennis Gilman said:

....  you state that you " believe EVERYTHING that we do, down to the last jot and tittle of minutiae, should be public, open, transparent, and that we should be PROUD of it!".  I will forever disagree with that!

Why?

You certainly have the right to have any opinions you want that do not have a rational basis for adopting ... but by definition, please realize that to have no rational reason ....  makes you by your OWN defining precepts, an irrational person.

9 hours ago, Dennis Gilman said:

Since I have already said that you can keep your opinion, tat already shows that I don't expect you to agree with nor adopt my opinion.

15 hours ago, Dennis Gilman said:

These two quotes taken in context show you DO expect others to agree with your opinion.

Irrationality:  Believing two completely opposing things at the same time.

dt970929dhc0.jpg

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.