Jump to content
The World News Media

Finland: Two confirmed dead in stabbing spree in Turku


Recommended Posts


  • Views 2.9k
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

UPDATE!: One of the two victims was a Jehovah's Witness passing out leaflets, the newspaper Ila-Sanomat reported. Security was being stepped up across the Nordic country, Interior Minister Paula Risikko said at a press conference, where investigators did not say whether the attack was being looked at as terrorism. Video taken at the scene appears to show someone yelling "Allahu Akbar," but many people believe it is just a bystander imploring people in the Finnish language to get

Posted Images

  • Member

UPDATE!:

One of the two victims was a Jehovah's Witness passing out leaflets, the newspaper Ila-Sanomat reported.

Security was being stepped up across the Nordic country, Interior Minister Paula Risikko said at a press conference, where investigators did not say whether the attack was being looked at as terrorism.

Video taken at the scene appears to show someone yelling "Allahu Akbar," but many people believe it is just a bystander imploring people in the Finnish language to get away from the scene.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Guest
Guest Nicole

Finland knife attacker 'targeted women'

One Briton injured in incident that killed two Finns and injured several others4252.jpg

 Candles are lit on TurkuÂ’s main square to remember the victims of FridayÂ’s knife attack. Photograph: Markku Ojala/EPA

An 18-year-old Moroccan man suspected of carrying out FridayÂ’s deadly knife attack in Finland appeared to have targeted women as his victims, police have said.

Officers are treating the attack in Turku, in which two people were killed and eight injured, as a terrorist act.

The two people killed were Finnish, while a British man, two Swedes and one Italian were among those injured.

Four of the wounded were still being treated in hospital – three in intensive care – while the rest of those injured were expected to be discharged on Saturday.

The Briton is believed to have sustained minor injuries. A Foreign and Commonwealth Office spokeswoman said: “Our staff have offered support to a British man following an incident in Finland.”

The suspect arrived in Finland in 2016 and had been “part of the asylum process”, police said.

Officers arrested five people – four of whom were Moroccan – in a Turku apartment on Friday night as part of their investigation.

“There was a raid and we have now six suspects in custody, the main suspect and five others,” said Det Supt Markus Laine of the national bureau of investigation.

Read more: https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/aug/19/finland-police-believe-turku-knife-attack-was-terrorism

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 months later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.