The World News Media

Don't blame JTR for this thread. This is JWI hijacking one of JTR's posts that was just moved over here. I'm only stealing the top half of this post as an explanation for the the rest of this thread. JTR only gets top billing here because his was the earliest post chosen for this new thread.

I was asked to try my hand at splitting off some of the diversionary topics from the thread called:

Perhaps you heard of it. Well, as you can tell from the image attached to the link, above, it quickly turned into thread about buzzards and elephants and Rolex watches and even took a detour down sewers and down Broadway, too. So I did a quick review of the thread and decided that it might be good to just see if I can split off only several of the side topics, so that this new thread,  becomes a place for the obvious side topics that always come up in a 1914 discussion, such as:

• You have no right to discuss this because it's apostasy even to bring it up!
  • You must be a follower of Carl Olof Jonsson
  • You must be a follower of Raymond Franz
  • You are not being loyal and faithful to the Governing Body
  • You must have bad motives, ego issues, etc. etc.

In addition since that other thread is at least 14 pages too long, this new one will likely have a lot of free space, comparatively. So we might also just move over a few of the posts that weren't directly responding to the subject, although they might make interesting side topics, which could even be broken off of this thread someday. By diversionary topics, I don't mean they were unwelcome diversions (OK, some of them were) but some were excellent, informative posts responding to diversions, and some tied back to the original topic so well that they remained in place. Feel free to make suggestions. 

I wouldn't worry about this too much. In a few days, probably both of these threads could move to the back of the line. For anyone who worries about such things I won't move posts if I find out that it loses any reactions it had. Wouldn't want to change that. But I'm also worried about the chronological order of the posts and continuity of comments. So if it's not working out, then most things will just stay where they were.

AND NOW WE RETURN YOU TO YOUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED POST FROM JTR:

I remember many years ago, in Mechanicsville, Virginia, an Engineering firm wanted to build  an office complex on land they had bought ... BUT ... there was a historic building on the site that by law could not be torn down without government approval .... so the Company applied to build a museum around it .... which was approved.

After the larger building was constructed around the smaller building, that changed the status FROM historical site to museum exhibit, and the Owners decided that their PERSONAL PROPERTY (no longer considered "Real Estate"), had to go ... and they demolished the smaller building, and built their necessary offices inside, on their own land.

This is EXACTLY what Jesus did (figuratively speaking) when establishing the Christian Congregation.

THE OLD BUILDING WAS "HISTORICAL",  BUT PEOPLE'S REAL NEEDS ARE MORE IMPORTANT!

When you find a dead elephant in your bath tub, a lot of analysis is not necessary ... you just fire up the Ol' chain saw .. and HANDLE IT.

Elephant in the Room  500   ..jpg

Ignoring the Elephant in Room  700 .jpg

• Views 5.5k
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not to worry. This isn't a real thread. Not exactly anyway. I was asked to try my hand at splitting off some of the diversionary topics from the thread called: Perhaps you heard of it. Well

thank you for all your comments, even though my language is not,  somethings which makes it little hard for me to understand you fully, and read all your words fast. sorry if I make any mistakes. 

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

elephant in your bath tub, a lot of analysis is not necessary ... you just fire up the Ol' chain saw .. and HANDLE IT.

JTR, I'm afraid this elephant is a mammoth. Too heavy for us. We need (2 Corinthians 4:7) . . .power beyond what is normal . . .

On 28/6/2017 at 4:17 AM, JW Insider said:

Before I read your name, Gnosis

@JW Insider Perhaps knows already what the word mean, Gnosis =Γνώσης = Knowledge
And there is also ONE QUESTION I want to ask…
If any of the “doctrines” are problematic = προβληματικά (with problems)
CAN Gnosis tell us ONE GOOD PROPHESY THAT IS NOT ? 
CAN Gnosis tell us ONE GOOD PROPHESY THAT IS GOOD FOR THE  YEAR 2017 ? (not to forget that Greece and many other countries have economic/financial problems these days!)

2 hours ago, ARchiv@L said:

CAN (somebody with ‘knowledge’) tell us ONE GOOD PROPHESY THAT IS GOOD FOR THE  YEAR 2017 ? (not to forget that Greece and many other countries have economic/financial problems these days!)

It is fun to follow the discussions, but it is hard work to contribute.  I am taking it this is a serious question.

(Zechariah 8:23) “This is what Jehovah of armies says, ‘In those days ten men out of all the languages of the nations will take hold, yes, they will take firm hold of the robe of a Jew, saying: “We want to go with you, for we have heard that God is with you people.”’”

Following is a story based on prophecy at Zechariah 8:23. The brother first literally held on to the skirt of his mother, who was of the anointed.

*** w12 4/15 p. 18 Seventy Years of Holding On to the Skirt of a Jew *** Life Story - Seventy Years of Holding On to the Skirt of a Jew

As told by Leonard Smith

When I was in my early teens, two Bible passages struck me. Today, over 70 years later, I can still remember the time when I grasped the meaning of Zechariah 8:23, which speaks of “ten men” taking hold of “the skirt of a man who is a Jew.” They tell the Jew: “We will go with you people, for we have heard that God is with you people.”

Select above article and read on.

There is no prophecy with 2017 on it, but there is no spiritual famine now. We have more than we can digest. 

We can have comfort in hard times from the following scriptures.

Jesus promised to be with us until the conclusion of the system of things

. (Matthew 28:18-20) Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth. 19 Go, therefore, and make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.”

God’s love will be unfailing regardless of the problem – real or imagined, encountered before or not yet encountered.

(Romans 8:38, 39) For I am convinced that neither death nor life nor angels nor governments nor things now here nor things to come nor powers 39 nor height nor depth nor any other creation will be able to separate us from God’s love that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

He will help with economic problems; he will cut short the days so we can survive

(Habakkuk 3:17, 18) 17 Although the fig tree may not blossom, And there may be no fruit on the vines; Although the olive crop may fail, And the fields may produce no food; Although the flock may disappear from the pen, And there may be no cattle in the stalls; 18 Yet, as for me, I will exult in Jehovah; I will be joyful in the God of my salvation. . .

Relief will be on time

(Habakkuk 2:3) For the vision is yet for its appointed time, And it is rushing toward its end, and it will not lie. Even if it should delay, keep in expectation of it! For it will without fail come true. It will not be late!

======

(Zephaniah 3:9) For then I will change the language of the peoples to a pure language, So that all of them may call on the name of Jehovah, To serve him shoulder to shoulder.’

*** w12 8/15 pp. 12-13 pars. 3-6 Carry On as Kingdom Citizens! ***

REQUIREMENTS FOR CITIZENSHIP

4 Learn the language. Some human governments require that those applying for citizenship speak the dominant language of the country. Even after being granted citizenship, people may strive for years to master the new language. They may quickly learn the rules of grammar but may take some time to learn to pronounce the words correctly. Similarly, God’s Kingdom requires that its citizens learn what the Bible calls the “pure language.” (Read Zephaniah 3:9.) What is that language? It is the truth about God and about his purposes as found in the Bible. We “speak” the pure language when our conduct is in accord with God’s laws and principles. Citizens of God’s Kingdom may learn basic Bible teachings quickly and get baptized. Even after their baptism, however, they must strive to “speak” the pure language better and better. In what way? Each of us needs to close the gap between what we know about Bible principles and what we practice.

5 Study history. A person desiring to become a citizen of a human government might have to learn something about that government’s history. Likewise, those desiring to be Kingdom citizens do well to learn all they can about God’s Kingdom. Consider the example set by the sons of Korah, who served in ancient Israel. They took great delight in Jerusalem and its place of worship and in recounting the city’s history. It was not the stones and mortar that impressed them most but what the city and that place of worship represented. Jerusalem was “the town of the grand King,” Jehovah, for it was the center of pure worship. It was there that Jehovah’s Law was taught. It was to the people ruled by the King of Jerusalem that Jehovah expressed his loving-kindness. (Read Psalm 48:1, 2, 9, 12, 13.) Like them, do you have a desire to study and recount the history of the earthly part of Jehovah’s organization? The more you learn about God’s organization and how Jehovah supports his people, the more real God’s Kingdom will be to you. Your desire to preach the good news of the Kingdom will naturally intensify.—Jer. 9:24; Luke 4:43.

6 Know the laws. Human governments require that their subjects learn and obey the laws of the land. It seems only reasonable, then, that Jehovah should expect us to learn and obey the laws and principles that govern all Kingdom citizens. (Isa. 2:3; John 15:10; 1 John 5:3) Human laws are often flawed and may be unfair. In contrast, “the law of Jehovah is perfect.” (Ps. 19:7) Do we delight in God’s law and read his Word each day? (Ps. 1:1, 2) The only way we can learn God’s law is to study it for ourselves. Nobody else can do this for us.

I am sure another contributor can think of another prophecy.

14 hours ago, JW Insider said:

GP, I have to admit that I probably am not understanding all your points,

if JWInsider does not understand some points, then I can not understand them either, because of language difference. O.oShould I move myself to another more clever group or forum ? O.o

OR is there a different forum that answers such kind of questions ?? O.o

then, why not writing the questions to another more clever forum ? I think someone (who has many questions un-answered) perhaps is better to look for a more "clever" forum/group that can get fast answers !!B|

DO NOT LET your questions without answers. WHY WAIT so much time without answers ?? :| FIND the correct people and the correct answers !! ---

1 question :

WHY it took you SO LONG TIME to find answers ? (for those who have questions, that can not find the answers)

B|

37 minutes ago, Gnosis Pithos said:

Am I to understand there are conditions in this forum that limit freedom of speech?

I speak in general, and  

(thanks to the Librarian) it is good that this kind of forum exists.

this is good that is worldwide, and many people can read our comments.

so,  let all the other people read and "judge" our comments. I am not perfect and I do not know everything.

this topic/title has gone many comments, and thanks to all for writing.

and after all, it is the future that will give proof of who and what is/comes true.

B|

22 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

I was counseled quite severely on this point. I had to give each of the brothers a quilt to get rid of them.

Hahaha! sorry, guilting! That's what you get with autocorrect when you don't pay attention, a quilt! I will go and change it. The word I mean. :D

52 minutes ago, Anna said:

This is why I find the video from the convention so curious. I listened to it again and here is the transcript

"How many times do I have to tell that @Annato put her books in the right category?" fumes @The Librarian "She should start another topic, as I have told her again and again till I am blue in the face." 

"She is getting to be like that bad @TrueTomHarley. Lord, I think he just throws in off-topic remarks to aggravate me! Here is a book he replaced upside down! Here is one dog=eared! THIS one he just left lying on the table! And, ARRRGGGHHHH, did he WRITE in this one?!"

"It's MY library and they will have to learn MY rules. When I see @Anna again, I will tell her to start a new topic on the new subject! @TrueTomHarleywill probably join her, UNLESS he sees that it is actually in the right place, and refuses just to annoy me. Nice clean, straight rows - that's all I ask. Is it too much to do for an old lady?"

1 minute ago, TrueTomHarley said:

"How many times do I have to tell that @Annato not put her books in the right category?" fumes @The Librarian "She should start another topic, as I have told her again and again till I am blue in the face." 

"She is getting to be like that bad @TrueTomHarley. Lord, I think he just throws in off-topic remarks to aggravate me! Here is a book he replaced upside down! Here is one dog=eared! THIS one he just left lying on the table! And, ARRRGGGHHHH, did he WRITE in this one?!"

"When I see @Anna again, I will tell her to start a new topic on the new subject! @TrueTomHarleywill probably join her, UNLESS he sees that it is actually in the right place, and refuses just to annoy me. Nice clean, straight rows - that's all I ask. Is it too much to do for an old lady?"

Actually, it did cross my mind that I should have added a clause with "sorry, a little off topic". So, does someone want to start a topic on that? I thought I pretty much covered it (said with a humble tone). Although of course someone else might have a different understanding to me.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.