Jump to content
The World News Media

Recommended Posts


  • Views 3.2k
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not to worry. This isn't a real thread. Not exactly anyway. I was asked to try my hand at splitting off some of the diversionary topics from the thread called: Perhaps you heard of it. Well, as you can tell from the image attached to the link, above, it quickly turned into thread about buzzards and elephants and even took a detour down Broadway. So I did a quick review of the thread and decided that it might be good to just see if I can split off only several of the side topics, so th

Posted Images

  • Member
8 hours ago, JW Insider said:

In the US/English, this was the 1977 yb p.81-83

My mistake, this is the correct reference. I got thrown by the 1979 reference which is either a mistake, or someone with the same name. My Hendry graduated from Gilead only in 1947. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Member
9 hours ago, Anna said:

my thoughts are that the GB is reminding us that they make mistakes, and that ultimately, when it comes to the crunch, if something doesn’t seem right, then the scriptures take precedent

Lending support to what you have said, one of the situations in that symposium to be endured was "humbling experiences," discussing Galatians 2:11-14. That certainly must have humbled Peter, who was among those taking the lead at the time. Still, he endured it, and continued to take the lead.

I recall thinking then that the year would likely be the end of this system. However, as it wore on and nothing happened, it provoked no crisis. I dismissed it as 'one of those things.' I'm not sure why. Nor does it necessarily speak well for me. I simply was not tripped up in this instance.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Member
1 hour ago, JW Insider said:

Hebrews 1 and 2 had already dealt with his Kingship and royal power: "God is your throne." "He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high. So he has become better than the angels to the extent that he has inherited a name more excellent than theirs." "The scepter of your Kingdom is the scepter of uprightness." "But we do see Jesus, who was made a little lower than angels, now crowned. . ."

Except for people with a combination of tourette's syndrome, dislexia, and one leg shorter than the other, which gives you brain-tilt .... that seems to wrap up THAT discussion.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Member

@Gnosis Pithos within reason.

The @admin is more liberal than I am.... you can see his guidelines section above.

..... I personally will act in this section when I feel someone is acting as a bully. 

Also humor has a way of making tough comments somehow more palatable. Try it sometime.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Member
2 hours ago, Gnosis Pithos said:

To the LIBRARIAN

I FIND THIS COMMENT HIGHLY OFFENSIVE FROM THIS PERSON "JAMES THOMAS ROOK JR." A DEROGATORY REMARK TO THE DISABLED AND HAS NO PART OF THE CHRISTIAN CONGREGATION. I EQUALLY FIND OFFENSIVE THAT JWinsider AGREES WITH THE ASSESMENT BY PLACING A "LIKE" ON SUCH An OUTRAGEOUS COMMENT.

Gnosis:

You obviously have NO sense of humor whatsoever or you would have realized what was REALLY being said when I made my comment.

I find YOUR comments outrageously FUNNY! ....  and please be assured they are much appreciated!

James Thomas Rook, Jr.

... also known as Willey-the-half-sprung -lampshade

PS: Chill out! have a few beers ... relax ... you will be a LOT happier .. and live a LOT longer.

.

Oh ... you need to put that in context ....

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Member
2 hours ago, Gnosis Pithos said:

To the LIBRARIAN

I FIND THIS COMMENT HIGHLY OFFENSIVE FROM THIS PERSON "JAMES THOMAS ROOK JR." A DEROGATORY REMARK TO THE DISABLED AND HAS NO PART OF THE CHRISTIAN CONGREGATION. I EQUALLY FIND OFFENSIVE THAT JWinsider AGREES WITH THE ASSESMENT BY PLACING A "LIKE" ON SUCH An OUTRAGEOUS COMMENT.

You must be new here. Most things JTR says has to be taken with a pinch of salt, and definitely not personally. And this is how those who reacted probably took it too, just JTR black humour. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Member
13 hours ago, Anna said:

Most things JTR says has to be taken with a pinch of salt, and definitely not personally. And this is how those who reacted probably took it too, just JTR black humour. 

To my own astonishment, I am coming to think of him as the house apostate, a warm and fuzzy version of what is really a very bad thing.

It is as has been previously observed: 'the internet is not the congregation.'

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Member
1 hour ago, TrueTomHarley said:
14 hours ago, Anna said:

Most things JTR says has to be taken with a pinch of salt, and definitely not personally. And this is how those who reacted probably took it too, just JTR black humour. 

To my own astonishment, I am coming to think of him as the house apostate, a warm and fuzzy version of what is really a very bad thing.

Very simple test TTH:

You have an unbroken 100% consistent record of NOT addressing issues .. instead ... castigating people's morals, perspective, and integrity.

PLEASE, for a change .. CHALLENGE what I say about ANY subject, and prove me WRONG.

If you don't, you have with your own fingertips on the keyboard ... condemned yourself as a petulant slanderer.

.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Member
7 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

If you don't, you have with your own fingertips on the keyboard ... condemned yourself as a petulant slanderer.

 

Did I not say you were warm and fuzzy? Nothing slanderous about that.

I am reminded, however, of the same eternal plea apostates make on any Witness board they invade:

9 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

PLEASE, for a change .. CHALLENGE what I say about ANY subject

Notwithstanding that few points they raise have not been raised, answered, the answer rejected, and the point raised again, countless times all over the internet.

One has to go to one's grave re-inventing the wheel?

Link to post
Share on other sites




×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.