The World News Media

5 hours ago, Anna said:
18 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

Please quote ANYTHING I have ever stated that is NOT TRUE.  

PICK ONE ... and challenge me.

Samuel Herd's supposed $20K Rolex. (sorry Librarian, off topic)

This is what I consider evidence on that ... the reflection/refraction characteristics off of the face of the "mother of pearl" dial face from the light from the back and above is quite different than that on a painted dial face.

Reflected light is partially polarized at 37 and 67 degrees  and some of the light behind him creates moire patterns on the dial face with the regular light, off of a "mother of pearl" surface which shimmers with a particular  luster because of the way the material is deposited in the shell face, in layers close to the wave lengths of visible light.

I left the picture resolution at 1600 so you can download it for a better look.

What evidence do you have to counter my conclusion, Anna?

samuel-herd  1600 .jpg

• Views 5.5k
  • Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Not to worry. This isn't a real thread. Not exactly anyway. I was asked to try my hand at splitting off some of the diversionary topics from the thread called: Perhaps you heard of it. Well

thank you for all your comments, even though my language is not,  somethings which makes it little hard for me to understand you fully, and read all your words fast. sorry if I make any mistakes. 

Posted Images

17 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

For about 5 years I used to design sewers, and sewage treatment plants .. and have walked in flowing sewers with turds and waste of all kinds floating past my feet.  I have broken up obstructions, and repaired walls and ceilings where roots and breaks occurred.

Alright, big man! You are treading upon sacred territory. "Shit Happens" was your daily text? For five years? ONLY for five years? What a newbie!

My great grandfather was city engineer of Rochester for 3 decades. It is he who authored a fascinating tome about sewage conditions in the city. It is he who designed the city's water supply from faraway Hemlock Lake, laying infrastructure still in use today, 100 years later, though valves have been replaced.

It is he who wrote another page turner that sits proudly upon our family hearth: 'Flood Conditions of the Genesee River,' looked to as writings of Moses by those who would later design the Mt. Morris dam 50 miles upstream and finally put an end to floods that periodically ravaged the city.

It is he who, after he retired, continued to report and consult at  his City Hall office until he was 102.

'Yea, though I walk through the Valley of Turds' my rear end! For 5 years? Try 30.

And he didn't wear no Rolex watch, either.

We have stumbled upon another way in which one might thwart the nefarious JWI. Just when he is about to shanghai the very stars from their orbits, respond to one of JTR's taunts - he offers up dozens each day - and bicker it out with him for several pages. Poor JWI will put his head in his hands and cry, despairing that he will ever complete his points. Or perhaps he will be grateful for the camouflage provided, since it is not his aim to shine in the first place.

Plus, it makes for fine comic relief.

Jwinsider - I wish to apologize for labeling you an apostate. Obviously I do not know you personally and after doing some research I noticed that the teachings about Christ becoming King in 33 C.E. actually may not have come "first" from apostate websites as Christendom's websites say the same thing. So its like which came first the chicken or the egg. I do not know therefore it is improper to label you an apostate. 

However I have a yes or no "poll" question that I like to ask everyone who is reading this: Does the Governing Body have the right or authority to interpret to us any given Bible teaching [Not just 1914 but anything incl. core teachings]. Your question for the topic of this thread on "1914 problematic" is why I wish to inquire as to where everyone stands on this question of interpretation. Please try not to answer beyond a yes or no "at first" as it will delve into off topic areas. {If someone would like to start a thread on it that is fine but we obviously don't need "another" thread for a simple yes or no question. lol}.

Poll Question:

"In your opinion does the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses have the right and authority to interpret to us any given Bible teaching? Yes/No.

51 minutes ago, bruceq said:

However I have a yes or no "poll" question that I like to ask everyone who is reading this: Does the Governing Body have the right or authority to interpret to us any given Bible teaching [Not just 1914 but anything incl. core teachings]. Your question for the topic of this thread on "1914 problematic" is why I wish to inquire as to where everyone stands on this question of interpretation. Please try not to answer beyond a yes or no "at first" as it will delve into off topic areas. {If someone would like to start a thread on it that is fine}.

Poll Question:

"Does the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses have the right and authority to interpret to us any given Bible teaching? Yes/No.

I think the question needs to be rephrased because anyone has the right to interpret a Bible teaching, it is more a question of do you subscribe to that interpretation.  

Do I subscribe to the teachings of the gb? NO

TTH:

Well, you certainly topped anything I had to say, with my measly 5 years experience ...

My last posts about ONLY Sanitary Engineerin, and was NOT about me ... it was about the fact that those who "walk through sewers"  perform a necessary and even VITAL function for all Civilization, and that I knew what I was talking about, having designed them.

Physical sewer systems, or philosophical sewer systems .... it works the same.

Otherwise.... neither your pipes nor your theology will "hold water".

As usual, in your last two posts, you picked up on the buzz words, misquoted me with vulgarity, and made a tirade based solely on your continued and sustained predilection for irrelevancy,

By the way ... designing and building and maintaining potable water systems is NOT Sanitary Engineering.

I used to design BOTH.

BOTH come under the label of "Civil Engineering"

One is a pressure system for drinking water .. the other is a gravity sewer system for crap and wastewater.

It's best to know what you are talking about so you do NOT get them mixed up.

TOPPER 01   900  .jpg

14 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

One is a pressure system for drinking water .. the other is a gravity sewer system for crap and wastewater.

The Hemlock Lake to Rochester fresh water channel is gravity fed. Once the water reaches city reserviors, of course, it is pressurized. 

19 minutes ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

My last posts about ONLY Sanitary Engineering was NOT about me ... it was about the fact that those who "walk through sewers" 

I do notice, however, that I have taken you up on your constant taunt: 'challenge me on ANYTHING - PLEASE DO IT! - and see if I am not the VERY PERSONIFICATION of TRUTH' and you skulk away, tail between your legs, with a 'oh, sorry, I was talking about someone else.' 

Too scared to walk the sewers, are you? My great grandpa would have eaten you for lunch!

9 hours ago, Eoin Joyce said:

Just a printed sheet on the stop, if it had not been vandalised. It was notoriously difficult to figure out the schedule. The print was too small, the light too dim, the mind too clouded, the need to relieve nature too pressing. And the schedule always contained exceptions to scheduling for late hours and weekends in even tinier print, indicated by impossibly small asterisks and the like. And if the bus number was different for the out-of-hours service.......! It was so easy to misinterpret and a frustrating excercise.

"For at present we see in a hazy outline by means of a metal mirror, but then it will be face to face." 

2 hours ago, bruceq said:

Poll Question:

"Does the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses have the right and authority to interpret to us any given Bible teaching? Yes/No.

No! I mean no, you are never going to get only a yes/no answer from me, and I doubt from anyone else either because it's not that simple if they're honest, because a yes or no answer will only be opinion again, and we all have one right?Therefor I agree with Eoin, a new topic would be appropriate.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.