The World News Media

JW's mistaken claim...

Cos

2 hours ago, Shiwiii said:
4 hours ago, DeeDee said:

When JW's realized that they were practicing false religion, they stopped. This is a reflection of Prov. 4:18.

but this admittance proves that they were NOT a continuation of the disciples as you claim. If they were then they would not have deviated, unless of course they were led by a power not from God. 

No, there is no PROOF that they were NOT a continuation of the disciples because they would recognize the need to change.

The Bible's words provide the PROOF of a true follower of Jesus.

1. Yes, Satan is blinding and deceiving people on a full-time basis.

2. Today, we have very fast and easy access to the entire Bible's contents. But this was not the case in the first century. Remember, they were reading off of scrolls. So it would take much more time to analyze a writing from Isaiah or Daniel or Genesis, etc. with what was just being written, or had not even been written yet (Revelation). And, the printing press was not invented until the Fifteenth Century.

• Views 16.3k
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ding Ding Ding Ding, I take "what we are allowed to read and what is forbidden" for three hundred Alex.    Hey, isn't that why the WT pulled the Trinity book in the first place? Something

but it is a practice that the jws/bible students participated in prior to 1935 or so. So what this means is, your claim  "they are the ones who did not follow the false teachings........" cannot be tr

Hi! Last explanation in WT magazine say how GB and FDS are the same. FDS task is to spread "spiritual food". GB spreading food, so GB is FDS. FDS have its beginning in 1 century in form of apostl

Posted Images

4 hours ago, DeeDee said:

There is no mention of any groups in the Bible since there were only the new followers of Jesus' teachings. These followers of Jesus became his "disciples."

Then why did you claim that there was? Here is your quote:

5 hours ago, DeeDee said:

No, I was not "told" this from "the men who run the wt." The evidence/proof is in the Scriptures themselves. I have read those Scriptures every time I read the entire Bible. The meaning of those words is not changeable, even if the actual words do change. The Bible's message DOES NOT CHANGE.

I do not see what you are claiming...

Here is another:

Matthew 24:24-27  "For false christs and false prophets will arise and perform great signs and wonders, so as to lead astray, if possible, even the elect. 25 See, I have told you beforehand. 26 So, if they say to you, ‘Look, he is in the wilderness,’ do not go out. If they say, ‘Look, he is in the inner rooms,’ do not believe it. 27 For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man."

Clearly here we are told that there will come some who proclaim that Jesus returned and you just didn't see Him, because He came invisibly. That just isn't true and doesn't line up with the Bible which clearly states His return WILL be visible. 

The Scriptures say that he will come "on," "in," or "with" the clouds.

If he were "on" a cloud, the cloud would block our view of him.

If he were "in" a cloud, the same is true.

If he were "with" the clouds, then it would also seem to be the same result.

In any of these cases, he would be invisible to man's "physical" view.

He is seen by the signs that he gave at Matt. 24.

He is seen with the eyes of faith, not the "physical" eyes.

6 minutes ago, DeeDee said:

No, there is no PROOF that they were NOT a continuation of the disciples because they would recognize the need to change.

The Bible's words provide the PROOF of a true follower of Jesus.

1. Yes, Satan is blinding and deceiving people on a full-time basis.

2. Today, we have very fast and easy access to the entire Bible's contents. But this was not the case in the first century. Remember, they were reading off of scrolls. So it would take much more time to analyze a writing from Isaiah or Daniel or Genesis, etc. with what was just being written, or had not even been written yet (Revelation). And, the printing press was not invented until the Fifteenth Century.

right there you just made my point, the first line you wrote. if they needed to change, then they DID NOT continue what the disciples started. You cannot claim they are a continuation and at the same time claim they deviated. Unless you believe that the first disciples got it wrong too. 

Just now, DeeDee said:

The Scriptures say that he will come "on," "in," or "with" the clouds.

If he were "on" a cloud, the cloud would block our view of him.

If he were "in" a cloud, the same is true.

If he were "with" the clouds, then it would also seem to be the same result.

In any of these cases, he would be invisible to man's "physical" view.

He is seen by the signs that he gave at Matt. 24.

He is seen with the eyes of faith, not the "physical" eyes.

How would one perceive to know that lightning occurred according to the scripture I quoted? 

2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

also exist many other who doing same or similar :)))

Who else is doing it to the extent that Jesus commanded?

Matt. 24:14 - And this good news of the Kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come.

2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:
3 hours ago, DeeDee said:

The truths below do NOT change...

Bible have much  more verses :))) 

YES!!! There are SO MANY wonderful verses that tell us of the gifts God will give us or has given us.

1 hour ago, Shiwiii said:

How do you look at this in light of scripture, specifically Romans 14:5&6 and Colossians 2:16? 

The TRUTH is just the truth...It is not a judgment of others.

The Bible says that shepherds were in the fields at night with their flocks on the night that Jesus was born.

This is not a judgment of anyone...It is just a fact that this proves he was NOT born on December 25.

The reason that December 25 was chosen was to convert the pagans.

The pagans had a major festival celebration (at least a week long) for the "birth of the SUN."

So, the newly forming Christendom Church chose that same time period for the "birth of the SON."

40 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

right there you just made my point, the first line you wrote. if they needed to change, then they DID NOT continue what the disciples started. You cannot claim they are a continuation and at the same time claim they deviated. Unless you believe that the first disciples got it wrong too. 

Yes, absolutely! All of mankind is imperfect! and as I said, they did not have the access to all Scriptures that we have today.

When the first disciples were following Jesus, they did not have the Scriptures which now make up what some call the New Testament. So, as Jesus' followers were able to read and analyze the Scriptures better, their understanding of God's will and nature as a loving God grew clearer. Thus, the changes! :)

24 minutes ago, DeeDee said:

27 For as the lightning comes from the east and shines as far as the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man."

22 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

How would one perceive to know that lightning occurred according to the scripture I quoted? 

Note that this Scripture is pointing out that the light "shines as far as the west."

If you are facing east, then you can see the actual lightning bolt as it is striking.

However, if you are facing west, then you CANNOT SEE the bolt of lightning...all you see is the EFFECT of the lightning.

So, in the same way, you CANNOT SEE Jesus, but you can see the effect of his coming.

1 hour ago, Space Merchant said:

There was a lot of talk in December of Christmas not being a Christian holiday, even by opponents of Jehovah's Witnesses.

Yes, the "light" is definitely growing "brighter and brighter" as we near the end of this system. (Prov. 4:18)

4 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

With the end of first congregations, i think that we have no  reports to confirm CONTINUATION you mentioned. And WT magazines also not writing about any continuation, just mentions about these or that small groups that was in some sort of opposition to beliefs of Catholic church.

Yes, I'm sure there is no confirmation of any continuation.

Records were not kept to PROVE continuation...

In the same way, I don't know who are the parents of my grandparents in my own family.

But that does not stop people (once called Bible Students) from freely choosing to become followers of Jesus' teachings by obeying all of his commandments.

I am not saying that they are a "physical" continuation.

Rather, they are a "spiritual" continuation.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.