The World News Media

JW's mistaken claim...

Cos

14 hours ago, DeeDee said:

For this very reason, GOD [Jehovah] exalted him [Jesus] to a superior position

and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name,

If i understand you correctly and if i understand this bible verse correctly NAME JESUS CHRIST IS ABOVE every other name, including THE NAME MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL?

But WT teaching that  Jesus went back to heaven after resurrection and that his name in heaven is Michael again (Michael one of the first Princes). What we shall do with this? 

• Views 16k
  • Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ding Ding Ding Ding, I take "what we are allowed to read and what is forbidden" for three hundred Alex.    Hey, isn't that why the WT pulled the Trinity book in the first place? Something

but it is a practice that the jws/bible students participated in prior to 1935 or so. So what this means is, your claim  "they are the ones who did not follow the false teachings........" cannot be tr

Hi! Last explanation in WT magazine say how GB and FDS are the same. FDS task is to spread "spiritual food". GB spreading food, so GB is FDS. FDS have its beginning in 1 century in form of apostl

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:
20 hours ago, DeeDee said:

For this very reason, GOD [Jehovah] exalted him [Jesus] to a superior position

and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name,

If i understand you correctly and if i understand this bible verse correctly NAME JESUS CHRIST IS ABOVE every other name, including THE NAME MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL?

But WT teaching that  Jesus went back to heaven after resurrection and that his name in heaven is Michael again (Michael one of the first Princes). What we shall do with this? 

When on earth, the name of the man that we saw here (Jesus) was called "Jesus" by the people on the earth.

In heaven, the name of the man that we saw here (Jesus) is called "Michael" by the beings in heaven.

To help illustrate this, here are two examples:

First Example:

I am called "DeeDee" by the people on this website.

But I am called a different name by people who know me in real life.

Second Example:

Many people are called by a nickname.

And some people have MORE THAN ONE nickname.

Does that explain it?

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:25 PM, DeeDee said:
On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 2:31 PM, DeeDee said:
  14 hours ago, Cos said:

What has to be understood is that even thought Jesus by nature is God, He, however, is not the Father. <><

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:25 PM, DeeDee said:

To say "Jesus is God" is like saying a "Vice-President is President."

This might be clearer: To say Jesus is "God" is like saying the Vice-President is "Mr. President."

3 hours ago, DeeDee said:

When on earth, the name of the man that we saw here (Jesus) was called "Jesus" by the people on the earth.

In heaven, the name of the man that we saw here (Jesus) is called "Michael" by the beings in heaven.

I thought how original, first  name of Lord is/was Word, as it explained by John 1:1. But again, JWorg said how his name is Michael also, and Lord and Prince and Archangel, Messiah and Son, god/God . Because all those names and titles are in possession of same person. 

But again if one person can have all those names and titles and positions and roles, he (Jesus) could also be Father, whatever this would or could mean in  theological and doctrinal meaning for believers.    :))

33 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

But again if one person can have all those names and titles and positions and roles, he (Jesus) could also be Father, whatever this would or could mean in  theological and doctrinal meaning for believers.    :))

Both Jesus and the Father have many roles and titles.

But note: In John chapter 17, Jesus is saying a long prayer to HIS FATHER.

If Jesus is the FATHER, then WHO is Jesus praying to???

Himself???

John 17:1, 2 Jesus spoke these things, and raising his eyes to heaven, he said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify your son [Jesus] so that your son may glorify you 2 just as you have given him [Jesus] authority over all flesh, so that he [Jesus] may give everlasting life to all those whom you [Father] have given to him [Jesus].

39 minutes ago, DeeDee said:

If Jesus is the FATHER, then WHO is Jesus praying to???

Himself???

I think that he just answered on apostles question, request ... to teach them to pray. 

You are familiar with one very wide habits. Person/people, many times, talking to yourself/himself. And it is normal. Or sometimes we calling ourselves WE.  "What we shall doing today?" but we are in fact single, alone. :)))

As i said before, i do not know real personality of God or Heavens persons, but everything is possible, because God is almighty. 

1 hour ago, Srecko Sostar said:

I thought how original, first  name of Lord is/was Word, as it explained by John 1:1. But again, JWorg said how his name is Michael also, and Lord and Prince and Archangel, Messiah and Son, god/God . Because all those names and titles are in possession of same person. 

Many NAMES:  YOUR Father may have many NAMES: his legal name, maybe a nickname?, maybe a pet name from your mother?, maybe a name that HIS mother calls him?, maybe a name that his friends call him?, and so on...

Many TITLES: YOUR Father has many TITLES:  son, husband, father, maybe grandfather, his job title, and so on....

3 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

I think that he just answered on apostles question, request ... to teach them to pray. 

Jesus answered the apostles at Matthew 6:9-13 (see below).

The prayer at John chapter 17 is his personal prayer to his Father in heaven (see below).

Matthew 6:9-13

“You [his apostles] must pray, then, this way:

“‘Our Father in the heavens, let your name be sanctified. 10 Let your Kingdom come. Let your will take place, as in heaven, also on earth. 11 Give us today our bread for this day; 12 and forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven our debtors. 13 And do not bring us into temptation, but deliver us from the wicked one.’

John 17:1-26

Jesus spoke these things, and raising his eyes to heaven, he said: “Father, the hour has come. Glorify your son so that your son may glorify you, 2 just as you have given him authority over all flesh, so that he may give everlasting life to all those whom you have given to him. 3 This means everlasting life, their coming to know you, the only true God, and the one whom you sent, Jesus Christ. 4 I have glorified you on the earth, having finished the work you have given me to do. 5 So now, Father, glorify me at your side with the glory that I had alongside you before the world was. 6 “I have made your name manifest to the men whom you gave me out of the world. They were yours, and you gave them to me, and they have observed your word. 7 Now they have come to know that all the things you gave me are from you; 8 because I have given them the sayings that you gave me, and they have accepted them and have certainly come to know that I came as your representative, and they have believed that you sent me. 9 I make request concerning them; I make request, not concerning the world, but concerning those whom you have given me, because they are yours; 10 and all my things are yours and yours are mine, and I have been glorified among them. 11 “I am no longer in the world, but they are in the world, and I am coming to you. Holy Father, watch over them on account of your own name, which you have given me, so that they may be one just as we are one. 12 When I was with them, I used to watch over them on account of your own name, which you have given me; and I have protected them, and not one of them is destroyed except the son of destruction, so that the scripture might be fulfilled. 13 But now I am coming to you, and I am saying these things in the world, so that they may have my joy made complete in themselves. 14 I have given your word to them, but the world has hated them, because they are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world. 15 “I do not request that you take them out of the world, but that you watch over them because of the wicked one. 16 They are no part of the world, just as I am no part of the world. 17 Sanctify them by means of the truth; your word is truth. 18 Just as you sent me into the world, I also sent them into the world. 19 And I am sanctifying myself in their behalf, so that they also may be sanctified by means of truth. 20 “I make request, not concerning these only, but also concerning those putting faith in me through their word, 21 so that they may all be one, just as you, Father, are in union with me and I am in union with you, that they also may be in union with us, so that the world may believe that you sent me. 22 I have given them the glory that you have given me, in order that they may be one just as we are one. 23 I in union with them and you in union with me, in order that they may be perfected into one, so that the world may know that you sent me and that you loved them just as you loved me. 24 Father, I want those whom you have given me to be with me where I am, in order that they may look upon my glory that you have given me, because you loved me before the founding of the world. 25 Righteous Father, the world has, indeed, not come to know you, but I know you, and these have come to know that you sent me. 26 I have made your name known to them and will make it known, so that the love with which you loved me may be in them and I in union with them.”

21 minutes ago, Srecko Sostar said:

As i said before, i do not know real personality of God or Heavens persons, but everything is possible, because God is almighty. 

If you want to, you CAN know God personally and even become his friend.

And you will have no better friend than Jehovah God, the Almighty! :x

1 hour ago, DeeDee said:

i do not know real personality of God ...but everything is possible, because God is almighty. 

Yes, without a doubt: 

…Jesus said to them: “With men this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” – Matthew 19:26

On 1/6/2018 at 11:08 AM, Srecko Sostar said:

Is 9:6  For to us a child is born,
    to us a son is given,
    and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he will be called
    Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
    Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

At the end of God’s promise covenants, a seed is produced.  Jesus was the promised seed of the old covenant and as that seed, fulfilled God’s promise.   He is the promise of life, if we accept him Mark 9:7

The New Covenant will also produce a ‘seed’. Gal 3:7,14,29;4:28,31,26  This seed is the Bride of Christ/”144,000”, fulfilled; as a result of the “first resurrection” to life.   Gal 4:26; 1 Pet 1:23 Rev 3:21; 20:4-6  She is the promised seed of the New Covenant – a “new creation”, and the promise of life, if we accept her.  Matt 5:14; 10:40; 1 Tim 4:16

At that point, one more eternal covenant/promise with God begins -  the Kingdom Covenant, for the rest of Abraham’s seed.  At the “second resurrection”, and when the Bride “comes down out of heaven”, the rest of God’s children receive life on earth.  Ps 37:11,29; Dan 2:44; Exod 37:25; Rev 21:2

Jesus is the savior through his sacrifice, for the “first fruits” - for his wife/Bride/144,000/New Jerusalem/faithful anointed priests and kings.  They become one  Eph 5:23,25-27,30  He is also the savior for God’s spiritual children that come from the bond with his “wife”/New Covenant promise fulfilled.  Rev 22:17   In this way, Jesus is the “Eternal Father”, bringing life to all, through the ransom sacrifice.  John 8:12; 1 John 2:2; Isa 9:6; 1 Cor 15:45 

I hope this makes sense.  

i found some parallels, similarity.

JHVH = Father, Husband, Savior, King and all everything for Natural Jews, his children, wife ...

Jesus = Father, Husband, Savior, King and all everything for Natural Jews and other humans, his brothers, followers, bride, wife, childrens ...