The World News Media

Model Coco Rocha's 'Insane' List Of Things She Won't Do Because She's A Jehovah's Witness ?????

Bible Speaks

Model Coco Rocha's 'Insane' List Of Things She Won't Do Because She's A Jehovah's Witness

Model Coco Rocha says "My faith is everything." Getty

Model Coco Rocha has 1.8 million contacts on Google Plus, nearly a half million Twitter followers, and 299,258 Instagram followers, but very few know of the high profile model's devout religious beliefs.

"My faith is everything," Rocha, 24, declares in the new issue of Du Jour magazine about being a lifelong Jehovah's Witness.

"There aren't many Witnesses who are in the public eye. I can't even name any," laments Rocha, "It's hard sometimes when you're there alone. You're not there with someone who can hold your hand and say we'll do this together."

One person who will hold the model's hand is her husband who manages her career -- and is also a Jehovah's Witness.

Together, the two go door to door with their congregation on a weekly basis to educate people about their faith.

"Some people think we're a pushy religion, but if you're not interested, just say so," says Rocha

Rocha has been a Jehovah's Witness her entire life, but she wasn't baptized until 2009 at the age of 21. (The religion requires that followers be old enough to make their own decisions before fully committing.)

Once committed, Rocha changed her modeling contract to include many new clauses listing things she was no longer comfortable with, such as nudity, lingerie and sheer clothing, among other things.

"My list [of what I won't do] compared with any other model's is insane," Rocha explains. "No religious artifacts, no government artifacts. If I'm shooting with a male model, what is he exactly doing with me? What is he wearing? If I'm working with other models, what are they wearing? Are they playing something that I don't want?"

"In the beginning, the clients would say, 'This is too much,' but over time, the ones I liked kept working with me. They'd say, 'It's not too much. Coco can still be Coco. She still gives 100 percent when she's on a photo shoot.' It's just my boobs aren't out. And I don't have a cigarette in my hand, and I'm not making out with a guy. And it's all fine if you want to do that. I don't judge. My besties do Victoria's Secret. I just don't do it."

But apparently dancing is still A-OK. Check out Rocha in the below commercial for White House Black Market clothing chain:

http://www.businessinsider.com/model-coco-rocha-is-a-jehovas-witness-2013-1

IMG_4543.PNG

• Views 13.3k
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Model Coco Rocha's 'Insane' List Of Things She Won't Do Because She's A Jehovah's Witness Model Coco Rocha says "My faith is everything." Getty Model Coco Rocha has 1.8 million contacts on G

How can you not like Coco? We all hope she keeps her head on straight, because that is not a given when operating in the stratosphere. But then, it is not a given anywhere. Exactly  

I figured she could help me break into the business, so I dropped by. She eyed me briefly, and then pulled the trap door. And she calls herself a sister!

Posted Images

How can you not like Coco? We all hope she keeps her head on straight, because that is not a given when operating in the stratosphere. But then, it is not a given anywhere.

1 hour ago, Bible Speaks said:

It's just my boobs aren't out. [edit - not those of Bible Speaks. I mean - not that his are. I mean - oh forget it!] And I don't have a cigarette in my hand, and I'm not making out with a guy.

Exactly

"In the beginning, the clients would say, 'This is too much,' but over time, the ones I liked kept working with me. They'd say, 'It's not too much. Coco can still be Coco. She still gives 100 percent when she's on a photo shoot.'

Exactly

I don't judge. My besties do Victoria's Secret. I just don't do it."

Exactly

By some of our JW  Celebrities I am little puzzling, sorry :(  bec. the ways also changing !  I informed me about some links and pages of Coco. Example, by FB is NO sign of a JW  and no word about Jehovah, nothings...  only her many Model photos !

I remember Coco from the German TV report, GNTM / Germany's next Top Model !  Her daughter got already after her birth an own Instagram account,  hmm...   I am sure, the most JW sisters not doing that way.  Does Coco have time for meetings and Conventions ?  bec. Topmodels very often per plane on the way...  Seems, her job is on first place ?  We don't know that !  Only Jehovah can see all??

This posting is from 2013, 16.Jan.  -  I'm meanwhile very careful and skeptical. Not believe all at once :)  more rightminded thinking. 

4 hours ago, Queen Esther said:

Example, by FB is NO sign of a JW  and no word about Jehovah, nothings...  only her many Model photos !

A celebrity JW - we have precious few of them - would necessarily keep a low profile out of modesty, in addition to any business reasons. Imagine how she might be idolized by immature Witnesses otherwise. 

Still, if she wants my seal of approval, I'd better see a literature cart on her next photo shoot.

Personal life

Rocha has been a devout Jehovah's Witnesssince childhood, and in a 2013 interview stated that she still participates with Jehovah's Witnesses in their model of Jesus' preaching work of going preaching door-to-door to share the Bible with others. She calls herself "a Christian first and a model second", and says that due to her faith she will not pose nude, with cigarettes, nationalistic emblems or religious icons.[23]

Rocha married artist James Conran on June 9, 2010.[36] Conran later became her part-time manager.[23] On October 6, 2014, Rocha announced via her Facebook page, that she and her husband were expecting their first child, a girl, due in Spring of 2015. Rocha gave birth to her daughter, Ioni James Conran, on March 28, 2015.[37]

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coco_Rocha

My opinion? It's between her and Jehovah!

Many Stars of Fame and Fortune have to decide as the end draws near. We hope she will continue in her Belief of Jehovah God. I have a Video her teaching her daughter. That is so cute if you want to see I can post it? Children are an inheritance from Jehovah, her decisions are needed as the time runs out of this system. To me at least in all the sites I read on, she's a devoted Jehovah's Witness. May we all be determined to never lose our faith or hope! Be positive encourage others, nobody is perfect and Jehovah knows those that love Him. (2 Timothy 2:19.) 

@Bible Speaks......

I know our  JW Celebrity list....   Of course its only between her and Jehovah??  HE  is watching all what we do :)  But I not belong to the gullible persons...  Remember your Fake post from José's  posting....  thats awkward,  better informing !

So many human mistakes in our world.  OUR PLANET IS AN ALIVE NIGHTMARE?   Greetings from Germany ???

I wouldn't recommend pursuing celebrity status for this reason - for every successful Witness celebrity there are two or three Michael Jacksons - but I think faithful Witness celebrities serve the cause well, like Coco, like the Russian (now American) punk rocker. The world revels in celebrity and understands little else. The punk rocker, I am told, generated floods of rare positive publicity in the Russian press following his exile in the West.

The world loves celebrity and will even cut Witness celebrities a little slack. Many here will not, and ESPECIALLY Witness detractors will wait for the slightest misstep to hurl it into our faces, but the world in general likes them.

I even think Selena - with her you-know-whats flying about, and her public thanks to Jehovah for letting her beat opponents into mush - does us well. It only sweetens the deal to learn that she was merely raised a Witness and was never baptized - thus she never agreed to carry about the Name.

Many Celebrities are alot time on the way... ??????  That means, not enough or NO time for meetings, Conventions and many more.  Jehovah's big spirit far away >>>>> so sorry :( ?   I don't believe all postings here !  My Bible teachers are in the cong. and by Conventions,  but not by some of these kind of postings.... :D

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.