The World News Media

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all."—Eccl. 9:11. – ??????????

Bible Speaks

"Time and unforeseen occurrence befall them all."—Eccl. 9:11.

??????????

"How long, O Jehovah, must I cry for help, and you do not hear? [How long] shall I call to you for aid from violence, and you do not save? 3 Why is it that you make me see what is hurtful, and you keep looking upon mere trouble? And [why] are despoiling and violence in front of me, and [why] does quarreling occur, and [why] is strife carried?" Hab 1:2,3.

??????????

Over the centuries, some Bible readers have had unfulfilled expectations regarding the day of Jehovah. Others might be frustrated by the seeming delay of God’s judgment. How do you feel? Habakkuk expressed his understandable concerns, asking: “How long, O Jehovah, must I cry for help, and you do not hear? . . . Why are despoiling and violence in front of me?”—Habakkuk 1:2, 3.

??????????

Habakkuk prophesied during a troubled period of Judaean history, after the reign of good King Josiah but before Jerusalem’s destruction in 607 B.C.E. Injustice and violence were rampant. Habakkuk warned that siding with Egypt would not spare Judah from the bloodthirsty Babylonians. He wrote in vibrant and dramatic style, offering the comforting thought that “as for the righteous one, by his faithfulness he will keep living.” (Habakkuk 2:4) Those words must be really important for us, since the apostle Paul quoted them in three books of the Christian Greek Scriptures. (Romans 1:17; Galatians 3:11; Hebrews 10:38) 

??????????

Furthermore, through Habakkuk, Jehovah offers us the assurance: “The vision is yet for the appointed time . . . It will not be late.”—Habakkuk 2:3.

??????????

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1102006141?q=hab1%3A2%2C3&p=par

IMG_4817.JPG

IMG_4759.JPG

• Views 13k
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.