The World News Media

5 hours ago, Gone Fishing said:

Are there any suggestions as to what it actually is? 

"Generation"

You can go to Index or Concordance of Bible words. Search word "generation" or synonyms of the same word. Than put all that together on paper with hand writings, like in good old days :)))), or using Words and Excel , and after few months will be able to derive some sort of conclusion and interpretation.

But will be of not special help. Why? Because, first you need to answer on question, Why you want to know What Word Generation means?? What particular meaning you want to give to this word, and what is your expectations about meaning?

When in fact we use that expression in everyday vocabulary without any special confusion, doubts  about  the meaning  :)))))   

• Views 8.2k
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm not speaking for any of the other persons who have questioned it, but the only scripture that was used is this: (Exodus 1:6) 6 Joseph eventually died, and also all his brothers and all that

Many interesting comments! I'll do a bit of analysis later. But.....first impressions, it seems like we are all a bit in the dark! Like Jesus said: "Concerning that day or the hour nobody kn

Of course, Jesus never said anything about these things happening either in greater, more terrifying, or more "concentrated measure." So even if earthquakes, for example, really had started to happen

Posted Images

3 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Well - heavy things are afoot these days in the news. Maybe they will make all other points moot.

It makes one wonder...and we can only hope. But I still think we will all be taken by surprise, because things rarely have a habit of turning out like we thought they would!

22 minutes ago, Shiwiii said:

The answer to your question is......42

True, but not about the people in the picture. It was true of the number of generations in Matthew chapter 1.

2 hours ago, Anna said:

All the generations, then, from Abraham until David were 14 generations; from David until the deportation to Babylon, 14 generations; from the deportation to Babylon until the Christ, 14 generations". This is counting each person's lifetime as a generation

14+14+14=42

(Unless these three people are galaxy hitchhikers.)

2 hours ago, JW Insider said:

Of course, what you are talking about would still be the common reasoning, even if we somehow found a way to restart the generation with the start of the Governing Body around 1972, or the apostasy in 1980, or AIDS, or cart witnessing, or the re-assignment of the Governing Body as "guardians of doctrine" around 2000, or even some brand new unexpected event in 2018.

So I brought up the point about the sign in Matthew 24 to propose that we would still be wrong to try to find new reasons to claim that earthquakes and wars were somehow more "concentrated" after a new starting date --

But Jesus did have a specific period of time in mind when he spoke of the first fulfillment didn't he? Should we not expect a specific period of time for the second fulfillment also?

1 hour ago, Anna said:

But Jesus did have a specific period of time in mind when he spoke of the first fulfillment didn't he? Should we not expect a specific period of time for the second fulfillment also?

I don't see how we would ever know when such a new period of time started. As far as we can tell it started immediately after the tribulation in those days. (i.e., immediately after the tribulation on Jerusalem and its final parousia/synteleia in 70 C.E.)

Many interesting comments!

I'll do a bit of analysis later. But.....first impressions, it seems like we are all a bit in the dark!

Like Jesus said: "Concerning that day or the hour nobody knows, neither the angels in heaven nor the Son, but the Father" Mk 13:32.

Huh! Don't you hate it when someone's always right???

One thing I have learned in my 70 years of paying attention to details, and missing many ... to the extent that it drives normal people nuts, or away ... is that if you want to be happy ... don't sweat the small stuff. 

Ask yourself ... is THIS the "hill I want to die on"?

Probably not.

But the key to an integrated personality I have found to be this.

Expect NOTHING ... and you will never be disappointed.

..all your surprises will all be pleasant!

What is NOT the case becomes evident upon analysis.

What IS the case about many, many things ... only Jehovah knows.

"WHAT, ME WORRY?" - Alfred E. Neuman

MAD-Magazine-Cover-501-Hard-Times.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I would do a little diagram illustrating the concept of the "overlapping generation". I ask myself, in all honesty, can those two groups (circles) really be called ONE generation? If you think the answer is yes, can you explain it using this diagram.

SCAN0019.JPG

P.S. Sorry, dropped the L in Russell, and not sure of Mark Sanderson's baptism date.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.