The World News Media

The perspective as to be taken as if seen from above th circle of the earth, correct? This world view gives an eye opening into the chaos that is covering the entire earth. Much like the pandemic, there is such chaos everywhere, in Chile, Venezuela, Australia, Hong Kong, India, Bulgaria, here, and in each part of world; there is protest, uprisings, riots of all kinds. There is violence in the world. And with it comes the cry for "peace and security ".

• Views 6.9k
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I figured I would start a topic on "peace and security' since so much news constantly comes out regarding this theme lately: Paul in his letter to the Thessalonians. He draws attention to “Jehovah’s day.” As used here, “Jehovah’s day” refers to the period that will start with the destruction of false religion and will culminate in the war of Armageddon. However, just before that day of Jehovah begins, world leaders will be saying “Peace and security!” This may refer to one event o

Donald Trump talking about NK being a threat to Peace & Security earlier  Amazing how often peace & security or safety is being mentioned by world leaders again lately. Sept 21 2017 International Day of Peace - theme this year was Peace, safety & dignity.  

I find it interesting the very ones making the calls for peace and security are the very ones making things 'shakey'... It's all a ruse that will backfire on them. I don't think many who believe the Bible realize just how this is orchestrated. Basically what I am saying is it is not the results of organic natural behaviors. It is about Elitists arranging chaos so they can present the 'solution' to something that just does not exist. They will be the aggressors against God's people as well. They

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Anna said:

Now you are making it sound like he really died

It does sound that way, doesn’t it?

Nah, he reappraised what he had been doing and discontinued his posts here with this final goodbye:

I miss the old pork chop. I hope he succeeds in turning over that new leaf. He even got 8 likes—more than I have ever registered.

34 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

miss the old pork chop.

I do too. He was a grumpy old fart, and very cynical, despite that, he kind of grew on me. I hope he gets himself sorted out. I remember when you first started posting here....you were confused whether he was a good guy or a bad guy. I suppose he was a bad good guy, or is that a good bad guy?

1 hour ago, Anna said:

I suppose he was a bad good guy, or is that a good bad guy?

He is actually the only person on this forum that I have ever seen change significantly. This he did only at the end, and so who can say how enduring it will be? But even at his most outrageous, I did come to respect him in that if I hit him over the head with a baseball bat he would strive to give as good as he got without complaint. There have been some here that if I so much as step on their toes they cry about it for their next 5 posts.

That's because  you are a 'wind up mercant' Mr Tom. But I for one, just laugh at you. 

As for James, he seemed honest in most things. So not a true JW. However he did boast about having a houseful of guns and he did seem to think that war was ok in God's eyes. And with his latest 'problem' too, it does not look easy for him.

I too hope that he makes it into the New World, one way or the other. I don't see any on here as wicked and I hope all make it through one way or the other.  Compared to many out there and the carnage that is going on earthwide, we on here are quite reasonable in our ways. Even the apostles had a few harsh words in their time. 

7 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

That's because  you are a 'wind up mercant' Mr Tom. But I for one, just laugh at you. 

This is the second time I have said something derogatory about you but have left you unnamed so as to spare you embarrassment (“crying about it for their next five posts”). Each time you say: “Me! It’s me you’re talking about!” Sheesh.

10 minutes ago, 4Jah2me said:

And with his latest 'problem' too, it does not look easy for him.

Maybe he will have to go through a little purgatory first.

13 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

This is the second time I have said something derogatory about you but have left you unnamed so as to spare you embarrassment (“crying about it for their next five posts”). Each time you say: “Me! It’s me you’re talking about!” Sheesh.

Maybe he will have to go through a little purgatory first.

Didn't know you believed such things Tom, but so be it. Is that 'New Light' from your bosses. 

And as for you saying ' derogatory' things about me. Well I think you say those things about every non JW, hence I said 'I for one, laugh at you', Because I think others laugh at you too. Have a good day. 

• Similar Content

• By Queen Esther
      Donald Trump mentioning Peace and Security....
      Meeting to be held June 12, 2018 seeking Peace and Security for the whole world....
    • By Witness
      Then I said,
      “Listen, you leaders of Jacob,
          you rulers of Israel.
      Should you not embrace justice,
      2     you who hate good and love evil;
      who tear the skin from my people
          and the flesh from their bones;
      3 who eat my people’s flesh,
          strip off their skin
          and break their bones in pieces;
      who chop them up like meat for the pan,
          like flesh for the pot?”
      4 Then they will cry out to the Lord,
          but He will not answer them.
      At that time He will hide His face from them
          because of the evil they have done.
      5 This is what the Lord says:
      “As for the prophets
          who lead my people astray,
      they proclaim ‘PEACE’
          if they have something to eat,
      but prepare to wage war against anyone
          who refuses to feed them.

6 Therefore night will come over you, without visions,
          and darkness, without divination.
      The sun will set for the prophets,
          and the day will go dark for them.
      7 The seers will be ashamed
          and the diviners disgraced.
      They will all cover their faces
          because there is no answer from God.”
      8 But as for me, I am filled with power,
          with the Spirit of the Lord,
          and with justice and might,
      to declare to Jacob his transgression,
          to Israel his sin.
      9 Hear this, you leaders of Jacob,
          you rulers of Israel,
      who despise justice
          and distort all that is right;
      10 who build Zion with bloodshed,
          and Jerusalem with wickedness.

11 Her leaders judge for a bribe,
          her priests teach for a price,
          and her prophets tell fortunes for money.
      Yet they look for the Lord’s support and say,
          “Is not the Lord among us?
          No disaster will come upon us.”

12 Therefore because of you,
          Zion will be plowed like a field,
      Jerusalem will become a heap of rubble,
          the temple hill a mound overgrown with thickets.

• By The Librarian
      Over the past year we have been celebrating 70 years of the United Nations and indeed, there is much to be proud of and grateful for. Over the past year alone, Member States adopted an ambitious development agenda – Agenda 2030 – as well as the landmark Paris Agreement on climate change, a process in which I was honoured to play a role. These agreements demonstrate, once again, the power and the value of the UN when its Member States are united in purpose.
      At the same time, the world is facing complex challenges that the UN’s founders could have scarcely imagined 70 years ago. As our societies have grown more interconnected, so have our problems. The global migration and refugee crisis has demonstrated that armed conflict, environmental degradation and human rights violations in one part of the world can have repercussions across the world. We are already witnessing the effects of climate change, the impacts of which are being felt most acutely by the poorest societies that are least able to cope. We have also been made painfully aware that terrorism knows no borders and that violent extremists are increasingly adept at exploiting power vacuums, instability and discontent to spread hatred and destruction.
      Image: United Nations Working together to tackle the biggest challenges
      It is evident that we can no longer afford to deal with such challenges in an isolated manner or ignore the full range of their impacts – social, political, environmental and economic. Doing so risks inflaming vicious cycles of conflict. The only way to take on these challenges is by working collectively; either we figure out ways of winning together, or we will all lose together.
      In these complicated times, and in a fraught and shifting geopolitical environment, the United Nations remains the indispensable organization that can bring the world around the table to formulate collective responses to shared challenges. Even as these challenges grow increasingly complex, Member States continue to turn to the UN as the universal forum to build consensus and unity in the face of daunting obstacles. But in order to deliver on its crucial responsibilities in a fast-moving world, the UN as an institution has to evolve. This requires visionary leadership and creativity to adapt the way we think, the way we engage, and the way we work.
      Four priorities for peace and security
      For the UN to take on the global challenges of the 21st century, I believe the next secretary-general should focus on four broad priorities in the field of peace and security.
      First, conflict prevention and strengthened political engagement must be brought to the forefront of the UN’s agenda. This is not a new idea –three major reviews of the UN’s peace and security architecture over the past year have reiterated this point. The UN secretariat needs to be more creative in presenting to the Security Council the full spectrum of instruments we have at our disposal to prevent and de-escalate conflicts, from special envoys, regional political offices and political missions, to peacebuilding support efforts and specialized, interdisciplinary teams that can provide host governments with focused support. The UN should also use its greatest assets – its convening power and legitimacy – to be more active at bringing together stakeholders to negotiate political settlements and resolve conflicts before violence erupts.
      Additionally, we must remember that conflict prevention requires sowing the seeds of long-term peace through development and prosperity. Agenda 2030 highlights the old truth that there is no peace without sustainable development – and no sustainable development without peace.
      A second priority should be promoting full integration of UN system-wide efforts. Too often the UN’s political, developmental and human rights efforts are functioning at cross-purposes. This must stop. The multi-dimensional challenges we face require multi-dimensional thinking and action. We must overcome institutional inertia and instil a culture of systemic collaboration and inter-disciplinary thinking appropriate for the interconnected world we live in. The new secretary-general and their team should find innovative ways of harnessing the full capacities of the UN system, including the agencies, funds and programmes to be able to tackle issues on all fronts. This also requires undertaking renewed efforts to promote better internal governance, transparency and accountability. And we must heed the call from both Member States and UN staff to adapt our bureaucratic processes to be more agile and effective, and better respond to evolving realities in the field.
      Third, the UN must become a better partner. Regional and sub-regional organizations such as the African Union, European Union, Arab League, the Association of Southeast Asian Nations and others play a critical role in conflict resolution and prevention. We must recognize that other actors are sometimes better placed to react more rapidly and effectively. In such cases, we should work together with these organizations to identify the ways the UN can best support and enable regional efforts. And our approach should be grounded in a spirit of mutual respect and recognition of comparative advantages.
      Finally, the next secretary-general should redouble diplomatic engagement with Member States, particularly the Security Council, through closer and more regular interaction aimed at finding and expanding points of consensus. While the Council has been criticized for its handling of the Syrian crisis, we must recognize that it found common ground on the destruction of Syria’s chemical weapons and on authorizing cross-border humanitarian access. Even in the most seemingly intractable conflicts, there is room for agreement on issues of common interest, and the secretary-general should use their diplomatic arsenal and creativity to facilitate consensus among Member States, even when consensus seems impossible.
      Making the impossible a reality
      Indeed, a universal agreement to combat climate change seemed impossible only a few years ago. But through persistent, hopeful leadership and old-fashioned multilateral diplomacy –the UN’s raison d’être and greatest strength – we were able to make the impossible possible. I am confident that together we can do the same for the multitude of challenges we face today. Billions of people around the world affected by conflict, poverty and hardship are counting on us. We cannot fail them.
      https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2016/08/these-are-the-big-challenges-awaiting-the-new-un-secretary-general
    • By admin
      In a World of Risks: A New Commitment for Peace
      10 – 11 May 2016
      The President of the General Assembly, Mogens Lykketoft, will organise a high-level Thematic Debate of the UN General Assembly focused on UN, Peace and Security on 10-11 May 2016. This event will be a platform to identify key threats and engage in a strategic reflection about today’s challenges to international peace and security. Furthermore, it will allow for a consideration about the means, tools and instruments available within a UN-context to tackle these challenges as well as the responsibilities and institutions required for an effective collective security architecture.
      Building on the common trends and synergies from the most recent UN peace and security reviews, including the review of UN peace operations [on the basis of both, the High Level Independent Panel on Peace Operations and the Secretary-General’s report on the future of UN peace operations], the Peacebuilding Architecture Review and the Global Study on the implementation of Security Council Resolution 1325 (2000) on women, peace and security, as well as a series of coordinated, independently organized regional workshops and seminars, the thematic debate will take place as the world is considering how best to implement the ambitious and wide-ranging 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development as well as the Paris Agreement on climate change and who – as the next Secretary-General – will lead the UN in this and other equally vital tasks.
      Member States will be invited to participate at the highest possible level. Observers, UN entities, civil society, research institutions with global and regional reach, media, and other stakeholders will also be invited to attend.

More information on the preparatory process and related events: 
      Views from the field and civil society
        High-level Thematic Debate in May 2016

11-Mar_Thematic-Debate-on-Peace-and-Security-11-March-20161.pdf
      2015_Nov_12_Informal-discussion-HLTD-Peace-and-Security-12-November-2015.pdf

http://www.un.org/pga/70/events/hltd-peace-and-security/#.VxV4K0M8cOE.whatsapp