The World News Media

Praying for others

The Librarian

I saw this conversation between two brothers on a group in Facebook and it got me thinking.

Screen Shot 2016-04-02 at 6.38.56 PM.png

Typically we don't invite nor do we have a "prayer requests" board. I can almost feel the awkwardness and the silence of the large group regarding his request. 

Yet, at most meetings we hear: "Please Jehovah, protect our brothers in _______(fill in the country of the persecuted)_____ so that they remain faithful under duress...."

Can you see my dilemma?

Either we should or we should not. There is not middle ground here. One is truth. Right?

The year text for this year is about "brotherly love"..... 

Your thoughts?

Agape!

• Views 1.2k
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jesus prayed for those he did not know.  (John 17:20) “I make request, not concerning these only, but also concerning those putting faith in me through their word," Jehovah will even answer

PRAYING  FOR  OTHERS.... Jehovah expected Job to pray for Eliphaz, Bildad, and Zophar 42:7-10 https://www.jw.org/en/publications/jw-meeting-workbook/may-2016-mwb/meeting-schedule-may2-8

Posted Images

On 4/3/2016 at 02:49, The Librarian said:

Can you see my dilemma?

Jesus prayed for those he did not know. 

(John 17:20) “I make request, not concerning these only, but also concerning those putting faith in me through their word,"

Jehovah will even answer our sincere prayers when we do not know what to specifically pray for.

(Romans 8:26, 27) "In like manner, the spirit also joins in with help for our weakness; for the problem is that we do not know what we should pray for as we need to, but the spirit itself pleads for us with unuttered groanings. 27 But the one who searches the hearts knows what the meaning of the spirit is, because it is pleading in harmony with God for the holy ones."

So there is no dilemma....Thankfully!

On 4/3/2016 at 02:49, The Librarian said:

we don't invite nor do we have a "prayer requests" board.

I'd say that was right.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.