The World News Media

Legal Protection Offered by JW.org

James Thomas Rook Jr.

7 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Attach your refusal to the highest cause possible if you want to maximize chances of success.

I was not first nor last in those time in that matter. Sentences for refusing was 1-10 years. Bethel knew that as they knew that some bros was in prison few times for the same "crime". As to my knowledge Bethel did not want to involve them self to help brothers in that issue and "negotiate" with authority. Maybe the are, i do not know,  but not publicly and perhaps did not want to share such info among rank and file. You know that many thing until today WT and GB want to do in secrecy. Imagine why. Example for that is so evident - Russian ban is top news on all JWorg programs, but ARC and G. Jackson disposal in front Judge and M. Agnus (lawyer) is not mentioned with one single word or letter or coma on JWorg and publications. I do not see what is your purpose to defend such manner of corporation and their leaders.

Of course that many details are not known to me, but i also recall in period after 1990, one of first Bethel elders, Petar Hamadej, said it clearly, "we do not want to suggest to secular government what to do about JW (in regard some issue, civil service or else) but we want that they give suggestion, idea, solution and then we say Yes or No". My conclusion after such statement and attitude is how people in WT org who are on "responsible positions" are very complicated people. It is better to not have any job with them :))))  

• Views 6.4k
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank You so VERY much Sereko Sostar: I have been looking for a rational explanation for this for many years, and was not able to discern it. The concept of NATURAL and ARTIFICIAL conscience

The context was use of the Internet. What he said was: "Be careful on the Internet...I don't know how many times we have to tell you, be careful!...We're just warning you. That's all we can do is admo

I think you interpret holding a different opinion as yourself as being 'brainwashed. At 2/2 with total 4 hours per week, all the rest of the time carrying on as normal? You're joking!   Ye

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

I do not see what is your purpose to defend such manner of corporation and their leaders.

"He was probably giving you your highest chance of success, for the Bible is more respected in the country than is the JW religion. Attach your refusal to the highest cause possible if you want to maximize chances of success." 

Why should anyone try to spin a 'good' as a 'bad?'

4 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

He was probably giving you

Of course, Miloš was "nice old brother". What he was done good or bad in his JW life is not on me to take too much care, and is outside of my knowledge. But according to experience and information i have with some other bro's on position of power, "spinning from good to bad" is skill that is not strange to them.

As to bro Miloš, i know that he helped one bro in ex yugoslavia to get the position of regular pioneer  (in those old time 90 hours a month). Domestic elders in his cong.  not want to sign his request for regular pioneer, so he and one elder-friend of him went to Belgrade (from Zagreb) to settle things with first elder of YU Bethel. I am witness to that.

Spinning is very spacious expression :)))))

21 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:

translates

adjective
containing much space, as a house, room, or vehicle; amply large.
occupying much space; vast.
of a great extent or area; broad; large; great:
the spacious prairies.
broad in scope, range, inclusiveness, etc.:
a spacious approach to a problem.

Actually, I meant 'spinning' that might not translate, for in the U.S. it has only been applied to political matters in the last decade or so - perhaps that new definition has not caught on with other lands.

Spin (from thesaurus.com)

None of these words apply. 'Spin' the way I have used it is slanting or interpreting data one way or another according to one's bias.

13 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

Spin

I know, America is the source of many inventions. I assume that in many countries is like in Croatia too. English language is popular, and "small" languages in many things, in lexical way for purpose of our conversation, are in "copy-paste" manner. Here is also popular to use "spin" instead some domestic words or explanation. hehehehe lack of personal vocabulary, lazy-nest to learn, using because it is "modern" or that person looks as is modern.

But about our purpose, spinning is just adequate for that what we talking about. WT is modern organization and have own PR personnel, so everyone can spin everything.     

14 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

it has only been applied to political matters in the last decade

i think that can be applied and on religious sphere. Flip-flop with teachings and doctrines is nothing else than "spinning" in circle. For example organ transplantation or blood components. One day you can, next day no you can not. Generation issue is spin also. Michael the archangel is in first place Roman Pope but today is Jesus - what a spiiiiin :))))   

4 minutes ago, TrueTomHarley said:
4 hours ago, Srecko Sostar said:

i think that can be applied and on religious sphere.

It is fine to leave Jehovah's Witnesses if one wants to. Why not? But one should leave for the right reasons, not exaggerated or made-up nonsense.

TTH:

Hmmm...so what exactly would be some examples of "right reasons"?

..and what do you do about the hostages left behind that have been silenced?

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.