The World News Media

*Strawberry Chia - Seed Jam* - Super Easy - hmmm....

Queen Esther

Strawberry-Chia-Seed-Jam-2.jpg

Strawberry-Chia-Seed-Jam-3.jpg

Strawberry-Chia-Seed-Jam-12.jpg

I  found  this  recipe  for  you...   its  with  short  cooking  -  in  17 min. all  ready !

( I  will  look  for  the  other  recipe  without  cooking...)

Strawberry Chia Seed Jam - Super Easy Sunday...

Ingredients

2 cups strawberries, destemmed and chopped in half
    ¼ cup maple syrup (optional)
    2 Tbsp Chia Seeds                 ( Chia - Seeds  I  got  from  Internet, 1000gr. ca. 10 Euro )
    Water as needed

Instructions

Place chopped strawberries, chia seeds and maple syrup (if using) into a blender. Blend on medium to high speed until preferred jam consistency is obtained.  Add water 1 Tbsp at a time as  needed to get things moving.
    Pour contents of blender into a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until the jam begins to bubble. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 5-7 minutes, or until the jam starts to thicken.
    Remove from heat and immediately pour into a mason jar. Allow to cool completely and then store in the fridge for up to one week.

Nutrition Information
Serving size: 2 tbsp Calories: 27 Fat: 0g Carbohydrates: 5g Sugar: 4g Sodium: 5mg Fiber: 1g Protein: 1g

CHIA - SEEDS  ARE  VERY  VERY  HEALTHY,  ALSO  IN  YOGHURT  etc. etc. /  Look  in  internet...

Now, I know I may be a little biased, but my mom’s jam is the best jam I have ever had! We would put it on everything – toast, ice cream, muffins, straight out of the jar on a spoon – basically anything we could, just to get it in our tummies. It was such a treat and was a great family tradition that I have really come to cherish now as an adult.

So you can only imagine my  surprise as I was making this incredibly easy Strawberry Chia Seed Jam, tried my first spoonful and was instantly reminded of my mom’s jam. It’s always a great feeling when you can replicate a flavour from your childhood and it’s just as delicious as you remember it to be.

This was my first time making chia seed jam and I honestly don’t know why I waited so long to ever try it! The chia seeds in this recipe help to create the jelly-like consistency of the jam, all while adding extra protein, fibre and omega-3 fatty acids.  Who knew jam could be so healthy? And, since the strawberries are so naturally sweet on their own, you really don’t even need to add any sort of sweetener to this jam. I did end up sweetening mine with a touch of maple syrup but next time I’ll probably just omit it and let the wonderful natural sweetness of the fruit shine through.

What’s your favourite kind of jam to keep stocked up at home? We love keeping both raspberry and apricot jelly in our fridge at all times. What’s your favourite thing to add  jam  to?

As always, I hope you love this Strawberry Chia Seed Jam as much as I do.

ENJOY  IT  ;o)

( Soon  more  from  using  Chia - Seeds..)

• Views 1.2k
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Posted Images