The World News Media

“I’m a Jehovah’s Witness and I try to live a good life and be fair with everybody. But if I was out there a half-hour later, I would be dead.”

Guest Kurt

Valley Township man cheats death after 75-foot tree falls where he was standing.

Steve Olinick stands next to a 75-foot tree that fell suddenly on his property this week, crushing his sheds, lawn equipment, and camper.

Steve Olinick stands next to a 75-foot tree that fell suddenly on his property this week, crushing his sheds, lawn equipment, and camper.

VALLEY TOWNSHIP >> What a difference a half-hour makes.
On Tuesday, Steve Olinick, who lives on Lafayette Drive off Route 30 just outside of Coatesville, was working in his yard when he decided to call it quits and into the house about 6 p.m.A half-hour later, a huge, 75-foot tree fell in the exact spot Olinick was standing.
“I would have been dead, no doubt about it,” Olinick said. “Look at the size of that thing,” he said, pointing to the tree.Olinick said there was no wind and no unusual weather. He was inside and he heard a loud, booming noise.
“I thought an airplane crashed because the airport is close to here,” he said. “It was a loud bang, real loud.”
Not as lucky was some of his property. The tree crushed several sheds, a camper, and several lawn tractors.
“Those buildings are full of tools, fishing stuff and equipment, probably $30,000 worth of tools,” he said. “They are crushed.”
Olinick said he is hoping his insurance company will pay for some of the cost of removal, which is likely to be several thousand dollars.
“I’m just lucky,” Olinick said. “I’m a Jehovah’s Witness and I try to live a good life and be fair with everybody. But if I was out there a half-hour later, I would be dead.”

source

• Views 931
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Popular Days

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.