The World News Media

“Be My Follower”—What Did Jesus Mean? - YOU will be Refreshed! –???????

Bible Speaks

“Be My Follower”—What Did Jesus Mean? - YOU will be Refreshed! ???????

(Psalms 23:1-6)
Jehovah is my Shepherd.
I will lack nothing.
2   In grassy pastures he makes me lie down;
He leads me to well-watered resting places.
3   He refreshes me. He leads me in the paths of righteousness for the sake of his name.
4   Though I walk in the valley of deep shadow,
I fear no harm, For you are with me; Your rod and your staff reassure me.
5   You prepare a table for me before my enemies.
You refresh my head with oil; My cup is well filled.
6   Surely goodness and loyal love will pursue me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of Jehovah for all my days." 

WHAT is the best invitation you have ever received? You might think of a time when you were invited to attend a special occasion, perhaps the wedding of two people very dear to you. Or you might recall the day you were invited to take on an important job. If such invitations have come your way, you were no doubt thrilled, even honored, to get them. 

The truth is, though, that you have received a far better invitation. Each one of us has. And the way we choose to respond to that invitation affects us profoundly. It is the most important choice we will make in life.

What is that invitation? It comes from Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of Almighty God, Jehovah, and it is recorded in the Bible. At Mark 10:21, we read Jesus’ words: “Come be my follower.” That is, in effect, Jesus’ invitation to each one of us. We do well to ask ourselves, ‘How will I respond?’ The answer might appear to be obvious. Who would refuse such a splendid invitation? Surprisingly, most people do refuse. Why?

Jesus was “the fine shepherd” in another sense. He said: “I know my sheep and my sheep know me.” (John 10:14)

The sheep know their shepherd as well. They recognize his voice, never mistaking it for that of any other shepherd. When there is a tone of alarm or urgency in his call, they respond quickly. Where he leads, they follow. And he knows just where to lead them. He knows where the grass is lush and green, where the streams are fresh and clear, where the pastures are safe. As he watches over them, the sheep sense that they are secure.—Psalm 23.

???????

EE554B95-2FED-4DB4-A877-5B19878BD3A8.jpeg

• Views 473
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Popular Posts

“Be My Follower”—What Did Jesus Mean? - YOU will be Refreshed! ??????? (Psalms 23:1-6) Jehovah is my Shepherd. I will lack nothing. 2   In grassy pastures he makes me lie down; He lead

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.