The Librarian

• Views 5.2k
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We also paid for people to move out of the building and ended up with about a dozen elderly persons who could not be bought out at any price. We would not be able to use the entire building until they

Interesting theory. I wonder if it really is substantiated however. I have not heard of one single person who supported Raymond Franz in the 80's, got disfellowshipped, and then got reinstated. It's p

I'm sure we can, too. It appears that those who worked directly with him supported him. But have you already forgotten your claim so quickly? You said that it could be substantiated that ex-Bethelites

Posted Images

9 hours ago, JW Insider said:

'Nuff said!

Me and my mates - we terrified the place. When the holyrollers saw our black leather jackets with BAA on the back (bad ass attitude) they ran. We was like Robin Hood, only halfway. We stole from the rich and we stole from the poor.

The one I hated worst was goody-goody JWI. He wasn't worse than the others at first but then he had a dream that he talked about at every meal. Aye. He was going to be exalted over all the rest of us to the Art Department. And what of his former mates? We would be swabbing the decks, like always. 'God gave gifts in men for some to be swabbers and toilet cleaners and waiters - but for me to do artwork' he use to tell us. Always smiling, he was. Always exhorting us to swab harder. I hate him. 

But I got even with him though. He left $200 lying right out there in the open! God will watch it, he said. I saw his money and his garments.- good looking ones from the land of Shinar - because he loved to shine, that one - and I took them. I wrote my ticket home and am a big shot right now back home.

23 hours ago, JW Insider said:

This is a public forum, however, open to people who can read material and evidence from anywhere. So it is also a good place for Witnesses to show that they can hold their own opinions too. And even for fellow Witnesses, there is something called the Inoculation Effect or Inoculation Theory that can make it easier for other Witnesses to understand what kinds of changes and effect the Internet will undoubtedly have on us in the next few years. We will either have to completely change our focus onto "low-information" converts, or face facts.

Everyone is grappling with this in diverse areas and many do not handle it especially well. In the world of current events, it results in charges of fake news for what are sometimes just different points of view. In science and medicine, the internet results in 'anecdotal reports,' which science hates because they are not something their system is able to assess or repeat.

14 hours ago, Vic Vomidog said:

Me and my mates - we terrified the place. When the holyrollers saw our black leather jackets with BAA on the back (bad ass attitude) they ran. We was like Robin Hood, only halfway. We stole from the rich and we stole from the poor.

The one I hated worst was goody-goody JWI. He wasn't worse than the others at first but then he had a dream that he talked about at every meal. Aye. He was going to be exalted over all the rest of us to the Art Department. And what of his former mates? We would be swabbing the decks, like always. 'God gave gifts in men for some to be swabbers and toilet cleaners and waiters - but for me to do artwork' he use to tell us. Always smiling, he was. Always exhorting us to swab harder. I hate him. 

But I got even with him though. He left $200 lying right out there in the open! God will watch it, he said. I saw his money and his garments.- good looking ones from the land of Shinar - because he loved to shine, that one - and I took them. I wrote my ticket home and am a big shot there right now.

2 hours ago, TrueTomHarley said:

But I got even with him though. He left $200 lying right out there in the open!

First time I saw this I decided to just let it slide. But if it is going to become fixed in the firmament of my stellar past, I might as well correct it.  The brother I was asked to room with (upon my arrival there) was a brother who was just leaving Bethel. It was in the room right next door to Brother and Sister Merton Campbell's, a very dear old couple who put a lot of effort into making "Family Night" entertaining, and who had a long career and many great upbuilding stories from the past. I have a picture of him from about 1957 in an old shoebox somewhere (the picture is in the shoebox, not Merton). He's out on the roof of 124 Columbia Heights.

But I digress. The brother I roomed with for a few days didn't steal the money in the typical manner. He asked to borrow about $200 to get home by bus, with the promise that he would send me the money the instant he got back which would have been two days from the time I loaned the money, and I would expect to receive it within a week or so, assuming cooperation from the postal gods. Well 4 weeks went by, and no money. I didn't even know where he had gone, and I wanted to check to make sure the post office didn't lose it, or it wasn't stuck somewhere in the cracks of Bethel's bureaucracy.

I asked brother Campbell if there was any way to check up on the mail. He got the story, and told me that this brother was bad news, and that I was not the first to complain of the same issue. He was in the Service Department, and said he could get the money back for me if I would first write the brother then a month later, his congregation's presiding overseer. My money appeared, via Campbell, and I started thinking of the Service Department as a kind of "secret service."

33 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

and said he could get the money back for me if I would first write the brother then a month later, his congregation's presiding overseer.

This remembered me on one past event. One brother with few bro who worked for them have to do some works in my house. And after job was done i noticed some things that was not the way it should be. I called him by phone and try to explain and called him to come to see. He don't want to hear about it but said he has done all as i told him to do. And i also  was hear from brother (elder) who recommended to me his service work, that i must right a letter to his congregation and this and that. I give up of such idea and fixed problem by myself :))

About money, i know also for sister who borrow money from other sister in cong. whose worldly husband was rich. Sister borrow money to her and never get it back.

I borrow some money to bro, and never get it back :))) But never sue him to elders, waste of time and nerves. Perhaps i am not handling things in good way, too passive for "put things right". hehe   

2 hours ago, AllenSmith said:

A new definition to a longtime grudge!!!!

LOL! I should start a new site called the "Grudge Report."

Which reminds me, during the renovation of the Towers Hotel, brothers with a certain amount of seniority, measured by pioneer service or any other full-time service, plus their current years at Bethel, were allowed to get one of the beautiful antique, brass and copper fire extinguishers which had once been installed throughout the building. When these were shined up they were very nice souvenirs of the Towers Hotel. They looked a lot like the ones going for about $250 to $300 on e Ba y, etc.

There weren't that many, but I managed to get one even though I was too low on the seniority list to be guaranteed one. (I had about 7-8 years of seniority at the time.) I left mine in a personal locker for a couple years, and when I left Bethel, it was the only thing that had been stolen.

Hopefully, I can think of something for next month's issue of the "Grudge Report" or I'll have to cease publication.

fireextinguisher.png

As me ship sails the wicked seas where the waves cannot calm down and keep a'tossing seaweed and mire, me and my mates swing easy in our hammocks at night - with nary a worry about fire - secure in the knowledge of our new fire extinquish what I found in Davey J.W.I. Jones' locker. fireextinguisher.png.aca8a331dfc6b23dfcaa4c4b8abe68a0.png.5c26f8a9a368bf92f8dd6c4fef40e59d.png

Aye, after I helped me-self to the $500 that the 'teacher's pet' left out in plain open

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.