The World News Media

Why a luxury compound?

Matthew9969

I have a two part question: Why does Jehovah require the faithful and discreet slave to build a very expensive and grandiose luxury compound when the end of the world is imminent and how can the faithful and discreet slave justify the cost when they are not receiving as much money as they are spending?

• Views 2.1k
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a two part question: Why does Jehovah require the faithful and discreet slave to build a very expensive and grandiose luxury compound when the end of the world is imminent and how can the faith

you're asking something too rational my friend, that was taken away by the gb long ago.....remember?  "At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not

Unfortunately it can not be justified and whats more...its highly hypocritical on their part. They advice the brothers and sisters to live with a simple eye, in fact...they prefer them to not even see

Posted Images

Unfortunately it can not be justified and whats more...its highly hypocritical on their part. They advice the brothers and sisters to live with a simple eye, in fact...they prefer them to not even seek a higher education, why? Because "The end is near" Because of a lack of education many (not all) of the brothers and sisters find it very difficult to support themselves and their families which forces them to have to work Over Time to compensate.....or worse, Multiple jobs. in light of  this fact, the "Slave" lives high luxury on "Kings Road"

Jehovah has seen all of these things and noticed something more shocking than this, for he says"The prophets prophesy lies,And the priests dominate by their own authority.And my own people love it that way."- Jeremiah 5:30

Nothing can be done about this gross hypocracy at present...but when Jesus Arrives, We as Gods people will answer not only for our Hypocrisy, but for our stupidity for "The Judgement Starts With The House Of God"-1Peter 4:17

On 11/2/2017 at 1:01 PM, Matthew9969 said:

I have a two part question:

A two part answer would be appropriate here: 

1. Why not? If they believe Paul's description of themselves that they are "ambassadors substituting for Christ" (2Cor 5:20) and that Christ is the ruler of Jehovah's Messianic Kingdom (Rev.12:10), then why not have a suitable embassy premises? And if they believe in an imminent intervention by Jehovah as described at Dan 2:44, and the salvation of all suitable humans as described at Joel 2:32, Acts 2:21, Rom 10:13, Revelation 7:10, 14, then why not build a suitable premises for the direction of the various necessary scriptural duties requisite to preparation for that intervention? (Matt.28:18-20) And do you think they believe this building will be destroyed by Jehovah if it is in existence and operating in harmony with His requirements when that intervention takes place?

2. Regarding the costings, do you have an income and expenditure breakdown to justify this statement: 

they are not receiving as much money as they are spending

I can only assume that "Gone Fishing" is not looking for a serious discussion. Because anyone who is even remotely aware of the current events and the goings on within the watchtower knows good and well that things ARE NOT WELL. Even the very first sentence from this poster was sadly laughable.

". Why not? If they believe Paul's description of themselves that they are "ambassadors substituting for Christ" (2Cor 5:20) and that Christ is the ruler of Jehovah's Messianic Kingdom "-Gone Fishing

Not even the King Himself Jesus Christ didnt enjoyed such luxuries and neither did he seek them. The scriptures plainly states

But Jesus said to him: “Foxes have dens and birds of heaven have nests, but the Son of man has nowhere to lay down his head."- Luke 9:58

yet here they are...living in high luxury.  

"Are you already satisfied? Are you already rich? Have you begun ruling as kings+ without us? I really wish that you had begun ruling as kings, so that we also might rule with you as kings.+" 1Corithians 4:8

And dont even get me started about the child sex abuse cases that are being piled up within the courtrooms around the world ...little boys and girls who have been rapped and molested by those who are/were in leadership positions within the organization and the Watchtower refusal to cooperate with the superior authorities. 

No...I cant take this poster serious at all.

15 minutes ago, Watcher said:

living in high luxury

Wow! You have a pretty low standard of what constitutes high luxury!

16 minutes ago, Watcher said:

I can only assume that "Gone Fishing" is not looking for a serious discussion

I'll have a serious discussion with anyone who is able and willing. But I haven't seen anything resembling such so far under this thread. Only the same old hoary chestnuts thrashed out ad nauseum elsewhere.

I am sure something will surface eventually though, even if this question is addressed:

1 hour ago, Gone Fishing said:

Regarding the costings, do you have an income and expenditure breakdown to justify this statement: 

they are not receiving as much money as they are spending

So in other words.....youre closed to any information that has been shown to you in the past and whats more...you are not open to view any information objectively that has or will be shown to you in the future? - Got it. 

"I'll have a serious discussion with anyone who is able and willing. But I haven't seen anything resembling such so far under this thread. Only the same old hoary chestnuts thrashed out ad nauseum elsewhere."- Gone Fishing.

11 minutes ago, Watcher said:

So in other words.....youre closed to any information that has been shown to you in the past and whats more...you are not open to view any information objectively that has or will be shown to you in the future? - Got it. 

Assumption alert!!! And you probably are aware of the acrostic version of ASSUME?

Far better minds than I have seen here (so far) have discussed these issues at length elsewhere. I am keenly awaiting additional insight relating to their deliberations as and when it arises. If there is something relevant that appears here, I think this comment indicates my interest:

25 minutes ago, Gone Fishing said:

But I haven't seen anything resembling such so far.............................................................................

3 hours ago, Gone Fishing said:

A two part answer would be appropriate here: 

1. Why not? If they believe Paul's description of themselves that they are "ambassadors substituting for Christ" (2Cor 5:20) and that Christ is the ruler of Jehovah's Messianic Kingdom (Rev.12:10), then why not have a suitable embassy premises? And if they believe in an imminent intervention by Jehovah as described at Dan 2:44, and the salvation of all suitable humans as described at Joel 2:32, Acts 2:21, Rom 10:13, Revelation 7:10, 14, then why not build a suitable premises for the direction of the various necessary scriptural duties requisite to preparation for that intervention? (Matt.28:18-20) And do you think they believe this building will be destroyed by Jehovah if it is in existence and operating in harmony with His requirements when that intervention takes place?

2. Regarding the costings, do you have an income and expenditure breakdown to justify this statement: 

As we all know, the watchtower refuses to let any one see any of that info., but one of the governing body did say their not bringing in as much money as they are expected to spend.

http://jwsurvey.org/cedars-blog/stephen-lett-admits-incomeexpenditure-shortfall-as-he-reminds-witnesses-to-donate-valuable-things

1 hour ago, Matthew9969 said:

As we all know, the watchtower refuses to let any one see any of that info., but one of the governing body did say their not bringing in as much money as they are expected to spend.

I'll take that as a No in answer to the question "do you have an income and expenditure breakdown?".

The report link provided presents a confusing "dissertation" suggesting that the Watchtower organisation receives vastly greater returns of finance than it's expansion programs are estimated to require, that deception is used on the part of it's leaders to extort money from it's members, at the same time as they are supposed to be "not receiving as much money as they are spending".

If this is the basis for what is considered to be "serious discussion", then forgive me if I sit this one out for a while until something of substance is presented.

1 hour ago, Gone Fishing said:

The report link provided presents a confusing "dissertation" suggesting that the Watchtower organisation receives vastly greater returns of finance than it's expansion programs are estimated to require, that deception is used on the part of it's leaders to extort money from it's members, at the same time as they are supposed to be "not receiving as much money as they are spending".

It's not confusing to me! It's either one or the other. And both of them are BAD!

Checkmate!

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.