The World News Media

Why a luxury compound?

Matthew9969

On 11/2/2017 at 6:01 AM, Matthew9969 said:

Why does Jehovah require the faithful and discreet slave to build a very expensive and grandiose luxury compound when the end of the world is imminent and how can the faithful and discreet slave justify the cost when they are not receiving as much money as they are spending?

Beth Sarim? That's why.

Hey it worked once, lets try that again but this time make it big enough for all of us. 

beth_sarim.jpg

• Views 2.1k
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have a two part question: Why does Jehovah require the faithful and discreet slave to build a very expensive and grandiose luxury compound when the end of the world is imminent and how can the faith

you're asking something too rational my friend, that was taken away by the gb long ago.....remember?  "At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not

Unfortunately it can not be justified and whats more...its highly hypocritical on their part. They advice the brothers and sisters to live with a simple eye, in fact...they prefer them to not even see

Posted Images

On 11/3/2017 at 8:41 AM, Gone Fishing said:

Why not? If they believe Paul's description of themselves that they are "ambassadors substituting for Christ" (2Cor 5:20)

The word “substituting” was added by the NWT.  It isn't found in the Greek Interlinear.   An ambassador acts as a representative.  There is difference.  Also, every anointed one is to “represent” Jesus through their teachings in harmony with his.  John 13:20; John 15:4  The GB have fully usurped Christ’s Headship, and demand obedience from the rest of the anointed ones.  Matt 24:48-51 So, yes, “substituting“ is a good descriptive term for them; they have become “Christ” for a day, or so they think so.  Of course, it has been said, many other anointed ones are a bit “wacky”; most likely from drinking the “Harlot’s” intoxicating brew. Rev 17:1,2  Maybe they don’t deserve a place they can call “home”? 

Do you remember Eoin, when all anointed ones were referred to as the "faithful and discreet slave", even though that is still Christ's judgment call?  Luke 19:17

and that Christ is the ruler of Jehovah's Messianic Kingdom (Rev.12:10), then why not have a suitable embassy premises?

Why not?  Jesus said, “my kingdom is not part of this world” 18:36

What about God’s Kingdom? 

“Nevertheless we, according to His promise, look for new heavens and a new earth in which righteousness dwells.”  2 Pet 3:13

And if they believe in an imminent intervention by Jehovah as described at Dan 2:44, and the salvation of all suitable humans as described at Joel 2:32, Acts 2:21, Rom 10:13, Revelation 7:10, 14, then why not build a suitable premises for the direction of the various necessary scriptural duties requisite to preparation for that intervention?

Because Jesus said nothing built within the earth was needed to worship in spirit and truth.  John 4:21-14

“So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.”  2 Cor 4:18

Acts points out that God is not served by human hands, as if he needed anything.  Acts 17:24,25

2 Tim 4:3

The “preaching” began in Jesus day.  In 2,000 years, the Bible made its way around most the world with no problem. During that time there were anointed ones walking the earth with truth in their mouth. Matt 25:14-23; Mal 2:7  Within only the last 100 years, the organization has taken on what they believe is the true "preaching work". Today, the final preaching work is to spiritual “Israel”, who have been captivated through a false preaching work, driven by lies and man's greed.  Matt 10:23; 2 Tim 3:1-9; Col 2:8; Rev 13:10

The “suitable premises” that initiates God’s work is within the righteous hearts, and where Mount Zion is found.  Isa 43:10; 1 Pet 2:5,9; 1 Cor 3:16,17; 2 Cor 6:16; Eph 2:20-22; Rev 21:22-24

“Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal;  but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.  Matt 6:19-21

And do you think they believe this building will be destroyed by Jehovah if it is in existence and operating in harmony with His requirements when that intervention takes place?

“Then the second angel sounded: And something like a great mountain burning with fire was thrown into the sea, and a third of the sea became blood.  And a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed.”   Rev 8:8,9

Outside of the “mountainlike organization” come the final living stones to finish off God’s Temple – not from within.  Rev 16:12; Rev 11:1-3; Zech 4:7-10; Rev 7:13,14; Rev 5:9,10

A composite Master has been developed to rule over people – the organization, the elder body, the GB.  It requires another’s money and identity to remain under this ‘slavery’.  For a false promise of paradise, people “sell” their identity to a corporation, in exchange for the work of their hands.  If one secretly never donates, they are still slaves to fear - fear of the loss of their life as they know it, if they choose to follow the only Master, Jesus Christ.  Matt 10:39; Luke 9:23

15 hours ago, Witness said:

So, yes, “substituting“ is a good descriptive term for them;

No dispute then.

Jesus said, “my kingdom is not part of this world” 18:36

Quite. Hence an office representing.

Because Jesus said nothing built within the earth was needed to worship in spirit and truth.

Not a reason, just an observation. We don't need buildings to worship of course. But, using a premises to carry out necessary functions is quite in order. I don't see a problem with owning or renting, or even borrowing for that matter. Whatever is expedient for the purpose. (Compare Luke 22:10-12).

For a false promise of paradise, people “sell” their identity to a corporation, in exchange for the work of their hands.

This is just alien gobbledegook. Were you once doing this??

2 hours ago, Gone Fishing said:

his is just alien gobbledegook. Were you once doing this??

Yes, I was, until I realized that worshiping God requires only one “mark” on our spiritual forehead, the source of our spiritual thoughts and actions – the mark of God.  

Baptism questions:

"The first question is:
On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will? 

The second is:
Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization? Having answered yes to these questions, candidates are in a right heart condition to undergo Christian baptism."

“Don’t you know that if you offer yourselves to someoneas obedient slaves, you are slaves of that one you obey—either of sin leading to death or of obedience leading to righteousness?”  Rom 6:16

From “What You Vow You Pay”  Wt. 4/2017

Have you dedicated your life to Jehovah and symbolized your dedication by baptism in water? If you have, that is wonderful! Do you remember when the brother giving the baptism talk asked whether you had dedicated yourself to Jehovah and understood that “your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses” 

Where in the scriptures are we required to dedicate ourselves to an organization?  It certainly can’t be found in these words of Jesus:

"Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nationsbaptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you."

What I find alarming, is that the Holy Spirit is not addressed in the baptism questions; but a “spirit-directed organization” replaces it; the work of a false prophet.  Rev 13:15-17  Obviously, Jesus' command to heed his words are ignored by the organization.  

Our vow is only to God and Christ. 

“Then I looked, and there was the Lamb, standing on Mount Zion, and with him were 144,000 who had his name and his Father's name written on their foreheads.”  Rev 14:1

Gal 1:10; Rev 13:16,8,17

“When you make a vow to God, don’t delay fulfilling it, because he does not delight in fools. Fulfill what you vow.”  Eccl 5:4

10 hours ago, Witness said:

Do you remember when the brother giving the baptism talk asked whether you had dedicated yourself to Jehovah and understood that “your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses” 

No I don't actually. I remember this:

(1) Have you recognized yourself as a sinner and needing salvation from Jehovah God? And have you acknowledged that this salvation proceeds from him and through his ransomer, Christ Jesus?

(2) On the basis of this faith in God and in his provision for redemption have you dedicated yourself unreservedly to Jehovah God, to do his will henceforth as that will is revealed to you through Christ Jesus and through God’s Word as his holy spirit makes it plain?

But I might add that this did not relate directly to my dedication vow which I made sometime earlier and actually not in those words.

I don't think anyone who has really accepted Christ's ransom and on the basis of this has dedicated themselves to Jehovah God would actually recite some clause like statutory marriage vows or something. Or is that something that you had to do?

18 hours ago, Gone Fishing said:

I don't think anyone who has really accepted Christ's ransom and on the basis of this has dedicated themselves to Jehovah God would actually recite some clause like statutory marriage vows or something. 

Yet, that is what the Watchtower has enforced, when it reminds individuals:

"Have you dedicated your life to Jehovah and symbolized your dedication by baptism in water? If you have, that is wonderful! Do you remember when the brother giving the baptism talk asked whether you had dedicated yourself to Jehovah and understood that “your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses”?  Wt 4/2017

And what the most recent second baptism question requires:

Do you understand that your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah's Witnesses in association with God's spirit-directed organization? Having answered yes to these questions, candidates are in a right heart condition to undergo Christian baptism."

The questions you answered to publicly are found in the Wt 1944, 2/1 p. 44

Thank new light for the condensing down and filtering out the important elements of the two questions asked of you, to:

"On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?"

Guest J.R. Ewing

How many times was Jerusalem rebuilt, and the house of God? Now ask yourself, compared to which other, “expensive and grandiose luxury compound” of any other religion? Vatican City, Mega Churches, etc. Not to mention, those insistences, where, the people knew about its destruction.

If you’re going to criticize, at least make sense!!!!

36 minutes ago, Witness said:

@Gnosis Pithos

I must ask you, if I posted just one scripture, or one quote from the Watchtower and nothing else, would you give it a down vote, simply because I posted it?  

You are basically down voting words of your own organization.  Is that your intention?

you're asking something too rational my friend, that was taken away by the gb long ago.....remember? 

"At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not."--- November, 2013 Watchtower

On 11/16/2017 at 1:47 PM, J.R. Ewing said:

How many times was Jerusalem rebuilt, and the house of God? Now ask yourself, compared to which other, “expensive and grandiose luxury compound” of any other religion? Vatican City, Mega Churches, etc. Not to mention, those insistences, where, the people knew about its destruction.

When a meeting place – kingdom hall, assembly hall, Warwick, - is called “God’s House’,  it crosses the line into blasphemy.

The tent of the tabernacle, the ark of the covenant, Solomon’s temple, were all built according to God’s instructions.  They were built for God.

“Furthermore King David said to all the assembly: “My son Solomon, whom alone God has chosen, is young and inexperienced; and the work is great, because the temple is not for man but for the Lord God. 1 Chron 29:1

Warwick, ironically called “Bethel”,  and which means “house of God”, was built for men.

Stephen Lett:  “We traded the value of the properties in Brooklyn for the beautiful facilities in Warwick and Walkhill.  And I must say, the GB is truly enjoying the new facility at Warwick, thanks to the hard work of both the young and the older ones who labored in our behalf and we truly appreciate it.”

"This is what the Lord says:
'Heaven is my throne,
and the earth is my footstool.
Where is the house that you would build for me,
and where will my resting place be?
 All these things my hand has made,
and so all these things came into being,”
declares the Lord.
But this is the one to whom I will look favorably:
to the one who is humble and contrite in spirit,
and who trembles at my message
." Isa 66:1,2

"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and DOES NOT LIVE IN TEMPLES BUILT BY HUMAN HANDS." Act 17:24

By comparing at any length, Warwick, Wallkill, etc to any “house of God” in Christendom, you are comparing idols to idols.  Rev 13:1,5,6

God’s house, his Temple dwelling, is built on the anointed Body of Christ. John 2:19-21; 1 Cor 3:16,17; 2 Cor 6:16; Heb 8:5

but the Most High does not dwell in sanctuaries made with hands, as the prophet says: "Heaven is my throne, and the earth my footstool. What sort of house will you build for me? says the Lord, or what will be my resting place?  Acts 7:48,49

This is new wine in new wine skins, JR, but the GB is too “stiff-necked” to care.  Acts 7:51  These scriptures about God’s new dwelling since Christ are “messages” from God.  Do you believe the GB is humble and contrite enough in spirit to “tremble” at the very reading of them? 

I think not.

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:33 PM, Witness said:

Yet, that is what the Watchtower has enforced, when it reminds individuals:

"Have you dedicated your life to Jehovah and symbolized your dedication by baptism in water? If you have, that is wonderful! Do you remember when the brother giving the baptism talk asked whether you had dedicated yourself to Jehovah and understood that “your dedication and baptism identify you as one of Jehovah’s Witnesses”?  Wt 4/2017

And what the most recent second baptism question requires:

The questions you answered to publicly are found in the Wt 1944, 2/1 p. 44

Thank new light for the condensing down and filtering out the important elements of the two questions asked of you, to:

"On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?"

Yes, the watchtower has had to make a way to make baptism a legally binding contract between the baptisee and the watchtower bible and tract society. The jehovahs witness baptism is simple idolatry at it's deceptive best.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.