The World News Media

Draw Close to God “I Myself Shall Not Forget You” – ??????

Bible Speaks

Draw Close to God
“I Myself Shall Not Forget You”

??????

DOES Jehovah really care about his people? If so, how deep is his concern for them? There is only one way that we can know the answers to those questions—through God’s own revelation. In the Bible, Jehovah clearly reveals how he feels.

??????

Consider the words found at Isaiah 44:2: "This is what Jehovah says, Your Maker and the One who formed you, Who has helped you from the womb: ‘Do not be afraid....whom I have chosen." (Isaiah 44:2) 

??????

Why does a mother nurse her child and care for its every need? Is it just to quiet a crying baby? No. A mother naturally has pity for, or pities, “the son of her belly.” The Hebrew verb here translated “pity” is also rendered “show mercy.” (Exodus 33:19; Isaiah 54:10) 

??????

This Hebrew term can convey the idea of tender compassion for the helpless or vulnerable. A motherÂ’s compassion for her suckling is one of the strongest emotions that we can imagine.

??????

Sadly, though, not every mother has pity for the baby that longs to nurse at her breast. “Even these women can forget,” says Jehovah. We are living in a world in which many men and women are “disloyal, having no natural affection.” (2 Timothy 3:1-5) At times, we hear about mothers who neglect, abuse, or abandon their newborn baby. Commenting on Isaiah 49:15, one Bible reference work explains: “Mothers are sinful and their love is sometimes overcome by baseness. Even the greatest of human love may fail.”

??????

“Yet,” Jehovah assures us, “I myself shall not forget you.”– (Isaiah 49:15) 

"Can a woman forget her nursing child Or have no compassion for the son of her womb? Even if these women forget, I would never forget you."

917F523A-3B45-4B7D-B6F5-E8AC712CEC98.jpeg

• Views 252
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Popular Posts

Draw Close to God “I Myself Shall Not Forget You” ?????? DOES Jehovah really care about his people? If so, how deep is his concern for them? There is only one way that we can know the ans

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.