The World News Media

Bill Gates Regrets Creating The Ctrl+Alt+Del Command

Guest Nicole

Everyone who has a PC knows how the key shortcut Ctrl+Alt+Delete is used. It is usually used to access the computer’s task manager when something doesn’t seem right. While you need to use two hands two press all three keys on the keyboard to make this function work, it’s not usually a problem for Windows users. However, the founder of the mentioned computer company, Bill Gates regrets having the Ctrl+Alt+Delete command. He prefers if it were just a single button. 

Read more at: https://gineersnow.com/industries/bill-gates-regrets-creating-ctrlaltdel-command

• 1 year later...

• Views 946
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes. Very unfortunate move. How many cases of Carpal Tunnel syndrome has he caused? How much has he slowed down the entire world by stealing 2 seconds from every living typing person worldwi

I love Windows 7 because I have it overlain "Classic Shell", which makes it look like XP, but will work like a 64 bit computer. I use it 6 hours a day, and it is a real work horse! I have a Windo

I would get it checked if I were you. About 3850 very strange and nonsensical posts have come out of it.

Posted Images

• Administrator

Yes. Very unfortunate move.

How many cases of Carpal Tunnel syndrome has he caused?

How much has he slowed down the entire world by stealing 2 seconds from every living typing person worldwide since the dawn of the PC?

How can we collectively tax Microsoft for this lost time and productivity? :D

I love Windows 7 because I have it overlain "Classic Shell", which makes it look like XP, but will work like a 64 bit computer. I use it 6 hours a day, and it is a real work horse!

I have a Windows 10 computer which I keep updated  with all my Windows 7 software, but never use it.

Windows 10 seems to have been designed by someone with a Doctorate Degree in Medieval French Literature.

On 11/11/2017 at 9:26 PM, Nicole said:

Everyone who has a PC knows how the key shortcut Ctrl+Alt+Delete is used. It is usually used to access the computer’s task manager when something doesn’t seem right.

The Ctrl+Alt+Delete key that Bill Gates "invented" did not access the task manager. It was the way to reboot a "DOS" "OS/2" or "Windows" computer up until Windows 95, when the function of Ctrl+Alt+Delete was changed to Task Manager, and then an "interrupt" that invoked a menu of functions (including the Task Manager).

Also, it is possible to complete the "3 finger salute" with one hand now that most PC keyboards include an Alt and Ctrl on the right side of the keyboard's Spacebar, closer to the Delete key.  

7 hours ago, James Thomas Rook Jr. said:

I love Windows 7 because I have it overlain "Classic Shell", which makes it look like XP, but will work like a 64 bit computer. I use it 6 hours a day, and it is a real work horse!

I would get it checked if I were you. About 3850 very strange and nonsensical posts have come out of it.