The World News Media

WORLD PRESS COMMENTS ON JEHOVAHS WITNESSES REFUSAL TO TAKE BLOOD

Bible Speaks

WORLD PRESS COMMENTS ON JEHOVAHS WITNESSES REFUSAL TO TAKE NO BLOOD ~

Opponents object:

Jehovah's Witnesses always use the following illustration in terms of containing blood:

For example, what about someone who was strongly advised by the doctor to abstain from alcohol? Would he follow the advice if he stopped drinking alcohol but injected it directly into his veins?

The comparison may sound logical at first glance, but this is delayed. Alcohol is present in a form that is metabolizable to body cells. Therefore, if someone received intravenous alcohol, the body would treat it as if it had been administered orally. Blood, however, does not serve as a food when administered intravenously, but functions as an organ transplant. Red blood cells, for example, begin immediately with the transport of oxygen.

Also, would a doctor seriously discourage treatment that could save your life?

WE RESPOND:

The illustration used by Jehovah's Witnesses serves to make honest minds understand, that it is the same to eat as to inject oneself. We use alcohol in an illustrative way. Nor have we ever said that injecting blood is a way of feeding. What can not be discussed, is that if a doctor forbids the use of any substance, no one in their right mind would inject that substance. What you do not deny, is that the blood to be transfused begins immediately to act as what is WHOLE BLOOD.

GENESIS 9: 4, is a biblical principle: flesh with its blood, should not eat. (evidently transfusions had not been invented, nor do guns justify killing because they did not exist when murder was prohibited)

LEVITICUS 17:14, incorporates the principle to the Jewish Law, making it clear that "You must not eat the blood of any kind of flesh, because the soul of every kind of flesh is its blood". It should be noted that the text says that all kinds of flesh have blood, a statement that EMPHASIZES that it is only WHOLE BLOOD that is prohibited, since not all animals have blood.

ACTS 15:20 solidly affirms the prohibition for the Christian world, prohibiting any use of blood by using the verb ABSTAIN! 

Google translated

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1101989215

A9CC2DED-78D9-446F-9459-CB54DA94FD15.jpeg

• Views 1.4k
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

When you look at the principle of the texts that forbid the intake of blood, it is not a matter of eating or consuming through a vein ... When Jehovah forbids blood or describes that they should let i

Heading should be "...refusal to take blood".     

Amen! Everything is Jehovah’s even our lives including its blood.  Thank you 

Posted Images

When you look at the principle of the texts that forbid the intake of blood, it is not a matter of eating or consuming through a vein ... When Jehovah forbids blood or describes that they should let it run on the ground at slaughter, "Let it be holy, it's mine." The blood is Jehovah's. We do not have the right to use it as our own. We are subject to the principle that the blood is sacred that Jesus by his blood could run away from mankind. We do not have the right to administer and neglect the meaning of the blood .. IT IS JEHOVAS!

Have use Google translate..!   Johnny from Danmark.! 

6 hours ago, Johnny Paulick said:

We are subject to the principle that the blood is sacred that Jesus by his blood could run away from mankind.

Translation site /translator did not quite get this, I believe.

Agree with the sentiments you expressed.  But I think you wanted to say that  by Jesus shedding his blood he repurchased mankind from sin and death.

6 hours ago, Johnny Paulick said:

When you look at the principle of the texts that forbid the intake of blood, it is not a matter of eating or consuming through a vein ... When Jehovah forbids blood or describes that they should let it run on the ground at slaughter, "Let it be holy, it's mine." The blood is Jehovah's. We do not have the right to use it as our own. We are subject to the principle that the blood is sacred that Jesus by his blood could run away from mankind. We do not have the right to administer and neglect the meaning of the blood .. IT IS JEHOVAS!

Amen! Everything is Jehovah’s even our lives including its blood.

Thank you 

23 minutes ago, Melinda Mills said:

Translation site /translator did not quite get this, I believe.

Agree with the sentiments you expressed.  But I think you wanted to say that  by Jesus shedding his blood he repurchased mankind from sin and death.

Thank you for your support! We would have no life, no blood if we did not have the Ransom. We no it is a gift ? Jehovah gave us. We Thank Him and His Son Christ Jesus forever. 

1 hour ago, Melinda Mills said:

Oversættelsesside / oversætter fik ikke helt det, tror jeg.

Enig med de følelser, du udtrykte. Men jeg tror, at du ville sige, at  ved at Jesus udgav sit blod, tilbagekøbte han menneskeheden fra synd og død.

That's right too! But that's not why the blood is sacred. The blood is holy, because Jehovah gave a law that it is his and only his. The blood is the very life. Jehovah has the right to life. And, therefore, can use it as a solution, either in the form of burned sacrifices or as a solution through Christ. We do not have the right to swallow our blood. Or the blood of an animal. It's going to be back to Jehovah by letting it run out on earth after an opportunity. slaughter. It is very important that we have respect for the holiness of the blood. Not only in the issue of blood transfusion, but also in the way we treat it. Something holy. It is Jehovah's, and we do not want to rob him by being indifferent to the way it is used.

31 minutes ago, Johnny Paulick said:

Det er også rigtigt! Men det er ikke grunden til, at blodet er helligt. Blodet er hellig, fordi Jehova gav en lov, at det er hans og eneste hans. Blodet er selve livet. Jehova har ret til livet. Og kan derfor bruge det som en løsning, enten i form af brændte ofre eller som en løsning gennem Kristus. Vi har ikke ret til at sluge vores blod. Eller blod af et dyr. Det kommer til at være tilbage til Jehova ved at lade det løbe ud på jorden efter en mulighed. slagte. Det er meget vigtigt, at vi har respekt for blodets hellighed. Ikke kun i spørgsmålet om blodtransfusion, men også i den måde, vi behandler det. Noget helligt. Det er Jehova, og vi vil ikke røve ham ved at være ligeglad med den måde, den bruges på.

Before Jesus gave his life as a solution, the blood was also sacred. It is only because of the holiness of the blood that Jehovah could use Jesus' blood as a solution. Long time before ... So completely back from Adam and Eve, the blood was holy .. It's not something it has become because of Jesus' sacrifice ..
It is certainly because of the language and Google translate that misunderstandings can occur ... And here we have a good explanation of Broadcasting from Nov. md.

9 hours ago, Johnny Paulick said:

You are absolutely correct JP .... the blood is Jehovah' s ... and when a life is extinguished, in battle, self defense, or for food ( most people, even Jehovah's Witnesses, are completely unaware that Jehovah NEVER make the slightest prohibition against cannibalism, although he DID lament that people's lives would become that desperate ...)

When as a child I had my tonsils removed, I swallowed a LOT of blood ... and later, in fights I had my nose smashed, and some of that blood I swallowed. Does this blood have any sacred value?  Should it be held against me that I "ate" this blood? 

BEFORE an animal is killed the blood does belong to God. Why? Because he has made that crystal clear throughout the scriptures.

The question is this .... and although I recognize the principle profoundly, I am going to personally perhaps err on the side of caution ...if the animal does NOT DIE .... does that blood have any sacred value? 

If the ancient Jewish Priests  offered the blood on the alter to Jehovah God from an animal that was only wounded ... would God have accepted that offering?  

My guess would be no.

Jesus' blood redeemed all of mankind putting faith in the VALUE of that blood.  TWO THINGS had to happen: 1.) Jesus had to willingly be sacrificed, and  2.) His DEATH had to have shed blood, poured out on our behalf. 

If he had not actually DIED, the blood would have only been a First-Aid problem.

For blood to represent LIFE .... it actually has to represent an actual real life.

If I am wrong, please show me directly from the Bible, and Bible principles, and common sense ... where my thinking got fouled up.

Meantime, it is not the problem it once was during the JW "early years when we respected Jehovah enough to die for what we knew to be true about blood ... the Governing Body, on the advice of the Society's Lawyers and investment counselors, and accountants ...  has ruled that we can take 99% or so of all blood FRACTIONS, to avoid being sued out of existence.

For monetary concerns, "New Light" is being fueled by advice from the Society's Lawyers and Accountants, which fill many buildings at Warwick Bethel.

Here is a main point:  Whatever the case REALLY is .... and I am wrestling with that now to try and have a correct understanding ... down here on Planet Earth it "translates" as:

If we put those "allowable" human blood fractions into our body as whole blood, we will be disfellowshipped ...... if we If we put those "allowable" human blood fractions into our body as whole blood FRACTIONS, we will not be disfellowshipped.

With a roll of plastic tubing ... we can have it BOTH ways.

13 Fractions Permitted .jpg

Different  JW  children  gave  us  lessons  bec. staying  loyal  to  Jehovah !  They  said  'NO'  to  ALL  Blood  ways. I  know,  it  does  give  more ways  by  a  surgery  or  by  a  blood - dialysis.  We  all  have  our  own  a  conscience  for  all  these  decisions. :)

44.55..jpg

? ? ? .•*¨`*•..¸???¸.•*¨`*•.  ? ? ?

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.