Bible Speaks

• Views 1.7k
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A Brother was murdered of a Kingdom Hall in England by a mentally handicapped person  900 Attened  his funeral. http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-devon-42027285  

@The Librarian Just was posted had to translate. Don’t know what’s new? ?

@JA_Laine This website is not intended to be uplifting or gratifying to anyone. This is just news and information sharing. I personally like to stay up to date on the news from around the world a

Posted Images

I rather read about uplifting news here rather than tragic ones. News like these has no spiritual value. Let the worldly news focus on disasters, and instead write about good, positive news concerning witnesses. I for one can do without "news" of this sort. We do not need to dwell in depressing matters.

Thank You. (Mika 4:4)

J-A L, Sweden

23 hours ago, The Librarian said:

This story is from 2 months ago:

https://www.theworldnewsmedia.org/tags/philip ryan/

@The Librarian

Man admits Honiton Jehovah's Witness hall killing

NOTE DATE? 

A man has admitted killing an electrician who was stabbed to death in a Jehovah's Witness hall.

Keith Beviss, 54, of Woodhayes Drive, Honiton, pleaded guilty to manslaughter on grounds of diminished responsibility at Exeter Crown Court.

Philip Ryan, 55, was found with fatal stab wounds after being attacked while working at the hall in Devon on 6 June.

Beviss was suffering from a mental impairment at the time of the killing, the court heard.

Simon Laws, QC, said: "He has been seen by a number of healthcare professionals. There is no doubt among anyone involved in this prosecution that this plea should be accepted."

Beviss is currently being treated at the Fromeside Unit in Bristol.

Judge Geoffrey Mercer, QC, adjourned the case for sentence and remanded Beviss in technical custody. 

Mr Ryan, from Westward Ho!, North Devon, had run Ryan Alarms and Electrical Services for more than 30 years after moving to Devon from Henley on Thames.

His funeral in June was attended by more than 900 people.

After the service, his widow Sandra said, "Our family has been deeply touched by the way that everyone has responded, even some who do not know us personally."

The case has been adjourned until 9 February.

Exactly... JW.ORG also posts news that have not spiritual value, only $$$ value like the sale of the properties in Brooklyn and tragic ones like discrimination in Republic of Congo, etc...

1 hour ago, Nicole said:

JW.ORG also posts news that have not spiritual value

This is not right. All the postings on jw.org have a spiritual value to those who wish to discern it. There is no need to counter a clearly personal preference even if displaying bias with something that is blatantly incorrect.

And this sad account of Bro. Philip Ryan's brutal and unjustifiable murder enables those of us interested to express solidarity with the family, thanks to Jehovah for the resurrection hope, and additionally reinforces our belief in the fulfillment of Bible prophecy, such as the conditions described at 2Tim 3:1 etc.

So, even if unintended, there is spiritual value here on www.theworldnewsmedia.org too.....for those who wish to see it.

4 minutes ago, Gone Fishing said:

This is not right. All the postings on jw.org have a spiritual value to those who wish to discern it. There is no need to counter a clearly personal preference even if displaying bias with something that is blatantly incorrect.

The same applies here. What is the spiritual value of selling a property? 

@Nicole , I updated my response while you posted.

4 minutes ago, Nicole said:

What is the spiritual value of selling a property? 

Money is released for furthering kingdom interests.

More than that, in the reporting of these matters in such an accessible arena,  those interested enough worldwide are enabled to see Jehovah's people moving forward. They are also helped to see that true Christians can successfully "make use of the world", contrary to some of the superstitious nonsense that permeates the views of those who criticise or seek to dominate the activities of others with their personal quirks of how Christians should behave.

For me, www.theworldnewsmedia.org serves an excellent function in that regard.

Exactly that is my point, posts have spiritual value if people wish to discern, and I won't continue drawing the attention away from this post about this Brother murdered in England,  since I don't want that my dear @The Librarian tells me that likes tacos and give me the brilliant idea of preparing some for this weekend :D:P

On 11/18/2017 at 6:29 PM, Bible Speaks said:

900 Attened  his funeral.

I found spiritual value in this little piece of information just quoted: 900 attended his funeral. I haven't taken the time to try to verify it, but it's still a piece of information that makes sense to me and whether the number is 100% accurate, I think it very likely reflects the truth. And it makes me feel just a bit better about the way we can handle such tragedies.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.