The World News Media

Attitude Makes a Difference! ?????

Bible Speaks

Attitude Makes a Difference!

?????

Which of the following do you think has the biggest effect on your happiness?

• your circumstances
  • your genes
  • your attitude

SOME would choose “circumstances,” perhaps saying, “I would be happy . . .

• “if only I had more money”
  • “if only I had a great marriage”
  • “if only I had better health”

In reality, though, attitude often trumps circumstances and genes when it comes to happiness. And that is good news. Why? Because unlike your circumstances or your genes—over which you have little or no control—you can control your attitude.

“GOOD MEDICINE”

A Bible proverb states: “A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit saps one’s strength.” (Proverbs 17:22) In other words, your attitude makes a difference! It can affect whether you attain a goal or give up or whether a tragic event brings out the best in you or the worst.

Some people might be skeptical of that idea. They might reason:

• ‘Why hide my hardships behind a mask of optimism?Â’
  • ‘No amount of positive thinking will change my situation.Â’
  • ‘I would rather be a realist than a dreamer.Â’

Those thoughts might seem valid. Still, there are benefits to adopting a positive outlook. To illustrate, consider the following scenarios.

A Bible proverb states: “A joyful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit saps one’s strength.” (Proverbs 17:22) In other words, your attitude makes a difference! It can affect whether you attain a goal or give up or whether a tragic event brings out the best in you or the worst.

Some people might be skeptical of that idea. They might reason:

• ‘Why hide my hardships behind a mask of optimism?’

• ‘No amount of positive thinking will change my situation.’

• ‘I would rather be a realist than a dreamer.’

Those thoughts might seem valid. Still, there are benefits to adopting a positive outlook.  

THE BIBLE SAYS: “If you become discouraged in the day of distress, your strength will be meager.”—Proverbs 24:10.

WHAT IT MEANS: Pessimism will sap you of the strength you need to improve your situation or to help you deal with it. 

THE BIBLE SAYS: “All the days of the afflicted one are bad, but the one with a cheerful heart has a continual feast.”—Proverbs 15:15.

WHAT IT MEANS: If you see everything negatively, you will feel “afflicted” and every day will appear “bad,” or gloomy. But if you focus on positive things, you will have “a cheerful heart” and even feel joyful. The choice is yours.  

THE BIBLE SAYS: “There is more happiness in giving than there is in receiving.”—Acts 20:35.

WHAT IT MEANS: Unselfish giving brings deep satisfaction to the giver. Why? Because we were created to do more than simply look after our own needs. (Philippians 2:3, 4;1 John 4:11) Experiencing the joy of giving can do much to help us cope with negative circumstances in life. Care for your attitude in the same way you would cultivate a garden. Root out the poisonous weeds of pessimism and negativity. Sow seeds of realistic optimism, and fertilize your life with actions that produce positive emotions. You will reap an emotional crop that will make your life much more rewarding. And it will confirm the fact that attitude makes a difference!

Lesson for today. (Prov 17:22)

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/102016002?q=positive&p=par

177B9473-E292-45E9-8720-385E1C6964D4.jpeg

• Views 494
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Attitude Makes a Difference! ????? Which of the following do you think has the biggest effect on your happiness? your circumstances your genes your attitude SOME w

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.