The World News Media

"Pay attention to wisdom with your ear, that you may incline your heart to discernment."—Prov. 2:2. – ???????

Bible Speaks

"Pay attention to wisdom with your ear, that you may incline your heart to discernment."—Prov. 2:2.

???????

"By making your ear attentive to wisdom, And inclining your heart to discernment."
Prov. 2:2 

At the start of Solomon’s kingship, God appeared to him in a dream and invited him to make a request. Aware of his limited experience, Solomon requested wisdom. (1 Ki. 3:5-9) 

Pleased that the king asked for wisdom rather than for riches and glory, God gave Solomon “a wise and understanding heart”—as well as prosperity. (1 Ki. 3:10-14) 

We personally do not expect to receive wisdom miraculously. Solomon said that “Jehovah himself gives wisdom,” but he wrote that we should strive to gain that godly quality. He used expressions such as “call out for,” “keep seeking for,” and “keep searching for” wisdom. (Prov. 2:1-6) 

Clearly, we can gain wisdom. It would be good to ask: ‘Am I taking to heart Solomon’s example of treasuring divine wisdom? Do the choices I make indicate that I am treasuring and seeking divine wisdom?’ 
???????

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/402013366?q=prov+2%3A2&p=par

DDA5B7E0-D3EE-4E17-BCC8-858E8A61B6EE.jpeg

• Views 1.1k
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Pay attention to wisdom with your ear, that you may incline your heart to discernment."—Prov. 2:2. ??????? "By making your ear attentive to wisdom, And inclining your heart to discernment."

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.