The World News Media

Safeguard Your Inheritance by Making Wise Choices –?????????

Bible Speaks

Safeguard Your Inheritance by Making Wise Choices

?????????

“Abhor what is wicked, cling to what is good.”—ROMANS 12:9. 

?????????

The first step is to think about the consequences of sin. The more we love Jehovah, the more we will appreciate our inheritance. When we love someone, we do not want to hurt that person. Instead, we try our best to make him happy. So we should take time to think about the consequences of sin, that is, how we would hurt ourselves and others if we gave in to temptation. 

?????????

We should ask ourselves: ‘How would my selfish conduct affect my relationship with Jehovah? How would the sin affect my family? How would it affect my brothers and sisters in the congregation? Would my conduct offend others?’ (Philippians 1:10) 

?????????

We could also ask ourselves: ‘Are a few moments of immoral pleasure worth the price I will pay afterward? Do I really want to be like Esau, who cried bitterly when he realized the consequences of his sin?’ (Hebrews 12:17) 

?????????

If we think carefully about these questions, we will hate what is bad and love what is good. (Romans 12:9) When we truly love Jehovah, we will work hard to protect our inheritance.—Psalm 73:28.

?????????

If we want to be prepared to resist temptation, we have to make an effort to keep ourselves strong

?????????

The second step is to prepare ourselves to resist temptation. Jehovah has given us many ways to prepare ourselves to resist temptation from the world and protect our relationship with him. For example, he has shown us how to benefit from Bible study, meetings, the field ministry, and prayer. (1 Corinthians 15:58) 

?????????

Each time we tell Jehovah our true feelings in prayer and every time we work hard in the ministry, we are preparing ourselves to resist temptation. (Read 1 Timothy 6:12, 19.)

?????????

If we want to succeed, we have to keep making the effort to do these things. (Galatians 6:7)  - Bible Speaks -

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/402013366?q=prov+2%3A2&p=par

EECC32FA-F8BB-4696-A354-5362306046D5.jpeg

• Views 492
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Safeguard Your Inheritance by Making Wise Choices ????????? “Abhor what is wicked, cling to what is good.”—ROMANS 12:9.  ????????? The first step is to think about the consequen

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.