The World News Media

A Letter That Touched Her Heart – ???????

Bible Speaks

True, indeed, is the Bible proverb: “As apples of gold in silver carvings is a word spoken at the right time for it.”—Proverbs 25:11. -

???????

A Letter That Touched Her Heart

???????

One traveling overseer remembers well one occasion when he and his wife returned to their accommodations after a very chilly winter day in the ministry.

He says: “My wife was cold and discouraged, and she told me that she felt she couldn’t continue. ‘How much better,’ she said, ‘it would be to serve in the full-time ministry with a congregation, stay in one place, and conduct our own Bible studies.’ I deferred any decision, saying that we would continue for the rest of the week and see how she felt by then. If she still felt strongly about quitting, I would respect her feelings.

That same day, we stopped at the post office and found a letter from the branch office that was addressed to her personally. The letter contained warm commendation for her efforts in the field ministry and her endurance, acknowledging how difficult it can be to sleep in a different bed every week.

She was so touched by that commendation that she never again spoke of leaving the traveling work. In fact, several times she encouraged me to continue when I thought of quitting.” This couple remained in the traveling work for almost 40 years. -

Who’s Heart can you touch today? 

???????

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2006005?q=I+spoken+word+at+the+right+time&p=par

C2C129C9-EC6A-4DAB-B98E-4B0A98B7C1E6.jpeg

• Views 1k
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

True, indeed, is the Bible proverb: “As apples of gold in silver carvings is a word spoken at the right time for it.”—Proverbs 25:11. - ??????? A Letter That Touched Her Heart ??????

@JW Insider Jehovah sees our needs and love we share with others. Are we not grateful those 5,000 letters were sent! How small a token to show love to others and think about how they are loved an

Apparently, with eighty million tries, not Vladimir Putin.

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Bible Speaks said:

She was so touched by that commendation that she never again spoke of leaving the traveling work.

My uncle was a circuit overseer in the traveling work for many years, and more recently had only served as a temporary circuit overseer due to his age. His wife (my aunt) also received one of these letters. I would guess that about 5,000 of these letters went out worldwide, and the chances that several of them would arrive at the right time for it was clearly very good. Many circuit overseer's wives find the lifestyle very difficult.

2 hours ago, JW Insider said:

My uncle was a circuit overseer in the traveling work for many years, and more recently had only served as a temporary circuit overseer due to his age. His wife (my aunt) also received one of these letters. I would guess that about 5,000 of these letters went out worldwide, and the chances that several of them would arrive at the right time for it was clearly very good. Many circuit overseer's wives find the lifestyle very difficult.

@JW Insider

Jehovah sees our needs and love we share with others. Are we not grateful those 5,000 letters were sent! How small a token to show love to others and think about how they are loved and cared for. Jehovah takes care of us everyday. Are we not as appreciative?

Thank you for your support. We serve a “Happy God”!  

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.