The World News Media

“Keep Working Out Your Own Salvation” – ?????????

Bible Speaks

“Keep Working Out Your Own Salvation” -

?????????

(Philippians 2:12) “Consequently, my beloved ones, just as you have always obeyed, not only during my presence but now much more readily during my absence, keep working out your own salvation with fear and trembling.” -

?????????

EACH year thousands of Bible students get baptized. Many are young people—teenagers and preteens. They may have been raised in the truth. Are you one of them? If so, you are to be commended. Baptism is a requirement for Christians, and it is an essential step to gaining salvation.—Matt. 28:19, 20; 1 Pet. 3:21.

?????????

Although baptism opens the door to many blessings, it also involves responsibility. In what way? On the day of your baptism, you answered yes to the question, “On the basis of the sacrifice of Jesus Christ, have you repented of your sins and dedicated yourself to Jehovah to do his will?”

?????????

Your baptism symbolizes your dedication. It is a solemn promise that you made to Jehovah to love him and to put his will above everything else. That is a serious commitment. Should you regret making it?

?????????

No, you definitely should not. Putting yourself in Jehovah’s hands is never a wrong move. Consider the alternative! A person who lives apart from Jehovah is under Satan’s rule. The Devil has no interest in your salvation. In fact, he would be happy if you lost out on everlasting life by siding with him in rejecting Jehovah’s sovereignty. Friendship with Jehovah involves two-way communication—listening and talking.

?????????

Personal study of the Bible is the prime way we listen to Jehovah. That includes taking in knowledge by reading and meditating on God’s Word and Bible-based publications. As you do that, remember that study of the Bible is not a mere academic exercise. It should not be as if you were memorizing facts just to pass a school exam. Fruitful study is more like an expedition on which you can explore and discover new aspects of Jehovah’s personality. This will help you to draw close to God, and then he will draw close to you.—Jas. 4:8.

?????????

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2017689?q=phil+2%3A12&p=par

FA50EC93-B07A-485B-946B-4DC47EAFF4C3.jpeg

• Views 439
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

“Keep Working Out Your Own Salvation” - ????????? (Philippians 2:12) “Consequently, my beloved ones, just as you have always obeyed, not only during my presence but now much more readily

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.