The World News Media

The Four Living Creatures

Witness

Genesis 2:10-14 "A river watering the garden flowed from Eden; from there it was separated into four headwaters. The name of the first is the Pishon; it winds through the entire land of Havilah, where there is gold. The name of the second river is the Gihon; it winds through the entire land of Cush. The name of the third river is the Tigris; it runs along the east side of Ashur. And the fourth river is the Euphrates" 

Note that there are four main rivers/"headwaters" coming from the original water source/river, that water the garden of God. Remember that there are four living creatures which Ezekiel describes as supporting the throne of Christ... covered with eyes (4 watchmen), denoting insight and spirit that moves them whichever way, the spirit directs (Christ as head).  (Ezek 1:5,10,15-19)

While the testing existence of the original, corrupt creation, offers one choice of fruitfulness out of four, all four living creatures of the New creation, (Isa 65:17; 2 Pet 3:13; Rev 21:5) will be those who proved to be fruitful. They will successfully water/feed, the garden of God so that all its trees produce and render their fruit, when due (twelve crops each month). Those four of heaven, are appointed stewards over God's household (garden), to offer the proper food at the proper time (living water), sourced in the Master...Eden's main water source.  (Rev 22:1-5)

Watchtower 2000/3/1 pp. 8-13  “Because of its strength, the bull is used in the Bible to symbolize Jehovah’s power.  The apostle John’s vision of Jehovah’s throne depicts four living creatures, one of which had a face like a bull. (Revelation 4:6, 7) Evidently, one of the four principal attributes of Jehovah portrayed by these cherubs is power.”

We can now see how blasphemous that is, when we compare that concept to God's own words, at Ex.20:4-5a, and Isa.46:5.

"“You shall not make for yourself an image in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 5 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God"

Is not the man, eagle, ox, and lion (4 living creatures), a "form" of creatures of the earth? If we deem those forms to be a manifestation of God... do we not "bow down" to those so-called "attributes"? When Israel bowed down to the golden calf, they also declared, "Let us have a festival to Jehovah" (Ex.32:5)

By their (Wt) teaching that these creatures of the earth are manifestations which represent God, they break God's command at Ex.20:4.

Isa.46:5 reads;
"“With whom will you compare me or count me equal?
To whom will you liken me that we may be compared?"

The Watchtower doctrine "likens" God, to a lion, ox, man, and eagle.
Can the Creator really be compared to these lowly forms which He Himself, created? The next verse answers.

Isa.40:25-26 reads;
"25 “To whom will you compare me?
Or who is my equal?” says the Holy One.
26 Lift up your eyes and look to the heavens:
Who created all these?
He who brings out the starry host one by one
and calls forth each of them by name.
Because of his great power and mighty strength,
not one of them is missing."

Are not the anointed stars of whom Jesus said, "I have not lost a single one of those you have given me" (John18:9; 17:12; Dan.12:1) ["not one of them is missing" Isa.40:26)]

...greater than literal animals and mankind? They are as angels in heaven, and always behold the face of the Father.

Yes... the faces of the four living creatures DO represent symbolic attributes... NOT of God, but of those who serve Him in that position. Let us have our mind washed clean of idolatrous and blasphemous concepts, so that we can recognize and obey the meaning of God's name....

Peerless... "I am that I am"

and

"He causes to become"

The first meaning of His name, crystalizes the fact that God alone is like Himself. The second meaning, is that -. Neither truth can be held within that WT lie.

(Pearl Doxsey 4womaninthewilderness)

Exodus 32:4 Holman Christian Standard Bible
“He took the gold from their hands, fashioned it with an engraving tool, and made it into an image of a calf. Then they said, "Israel -  this is your God -  who brought you up from the land of Egypt!" 

“This is your God”.  The Watchtower attributes your salvation to the Organization.....ONE MUST COME TO THE WATCHTOWER ORGANIZATION FOR SALVATION.

Kingdom Ministry 11/1990 p. 1 Directing Bible Students to Jehovah’s Organization 
Bible students need to get acquainted with the organization of the “one flock” Jesus spoke about at John 10:16. They must appreciate that identifying themselves with Jehovah’s organization... is essential... to their salvation. (Rev. 7:9, 10, 15) Therefore, we should start directing our Bible students to the organization as soon as a Bible study is established.

And yet, in the same month, the WT magazine says that it would be Idolatry to "attribute salvation" to an organization

‘LOOKING TO AN ORGANIZATION FOR SALVATION IS IDOLATRY’

Watchtower 1990 11/1 p. 26 Our Relative Subjection to the Superior Authorities
“As Christians, we face up to similar challenges today. We cannot take part in any modern version of idolatry—be it worshipful gestures toward an image or symbol, or the imputing of salvation, to a person or an organization.”

(Obadiah’s Blog)

• Views 496
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.