The World News Media

“What Shall I Repay to Jehovah?” ~ ??????

Bible Speaks

Psalm 116:12
12 “With what will I repay Jehovah
For all the good he has done for me?”

“What Shall I Repay to Jehovah?” ??????

The psalmist wondered: “What shall I repay to Jehovah for all his benefits to me?” (Ps. 116:12) What benefits had he received? Jehovah had sustained him during a period of “distress and grief.” Moreover, Jehovah had “rescued [his] soul from death.” Now he wanted to “repay” Jehovah somehow. What could the psalmist do? He said: “My vows I shall pay to Jehovah.” (Ps. 116:3, 4, 8, 10-14) He resolved to keep all the solemn promises that he had made to Jehovah and to fulfill all his obligations to him.

You can do the same. How? By following a life course that at all times conforms to God’s laws and principles. Hence, make sure that your worship of Jehovah remains the most important thing in your life and that you let God’s spirit guide you in everything you do. (Eccl. 12:13; Gal. 5:16-18) In reality, of course, you can never fully repay Jehovah for all he has done for you. Still, it does ‘make Jehovah’s heart rejoice’ to see that you are wholeheartedly giving of yourself in his service. (Prov. 27:11) What a wonderful privilege it is to give Jehovah pleasure in this way!

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2009528?q=ps+116%3A12&p=par

151BA423-469E-4AFE-8775-4C770056D4A8.jpeg

• Views 745
  • Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Psalm 116:12 12 “With what will I repay Jehovah For all the good he has done for me?” “What Shall I Repay to Jehovah?” ?????? The psalmist wondered: “What shall I repay to Jehovah fo

Posted Images

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.