The World News Media

What is Armageddon? ~ ??☄️??

Bible Speaks

What is Armageddon? ~ ??????
? To many, the word “Armageddon” evokes scenes of mass destruction—nuclear war, large-scale natural disasters, or even an “environmental Armageddon” jump-started by global warming. This word as used in the Bible refers to none of these. What, then, is the Biblical Armageddon?

The term “Armageddon” (“Har–Magedon”) appears in the Bible book of Revelation. It refers to a unique war, “the war of the great day of God the Almighty,” in which “the kings of the entire inhabited earth” are mobilized for a final battle with God. Reference to such a war also appears in numerous other scriptures.—Revelation 16:14-16; Ezekiel 38:22, 23; Joel 3:12-14; Luke 21:34, 35; 2 Peter 3:11, 12.

What does this war entail? In symbolic terms, the book of Revelation tells us: “The kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage the war with the one seated on the horse and with his army.” This “one seated on the horse” is God’s Son, Jesus Christ, who is appointed by God to lead legions of angelic warriors to victory over God’s enemies. (Revelation 19:11-16, 19-21) Jeremiah 25:33 reveals the magnitude of this destruction of the ungodly: “Those slain by Jehovah will certainly come to be in that day from one end of the earth clear to the other end of the earth.”

Why is Armageddon necessary? The nations refuse to acknowledge God’s sovereignty, but they proclaim their own. (Psalm 24:1) Their defiance is described at Psalm 2:2: “The kings of earth take their stand and high officials themselves have massed together as one against Jehovah and against his anointed one.”

In effect, these rebels are like stubborn squatters who not only claim property that is not theirs but also misuse and ruin it. The nations today are ruining the earth and polluting its environment. God’s Word foretold this deplorable situation, saying: “The nations became wrathful, and [God’s] own wrath came.” God would then “bring to ruin those ruining the earth.” (Revelation 11:18) Armageddon is the way sanctioned by God to resolve the issue of who has the right to rule over all humanity.—Psalm 83:18.

When will Armageddon take place? God’s Son plainly stated: “Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father.” (Matthew 24:36) Even so, in speaking about Armageddon, the Warrior-King Jesus Christ added this warning: “Look! I am coming as a thief. Happy is the one that stays awake.” (Revelation 16:15) Thus, this global war is associated with Christ’s presence, which Bible prophecies show is now here.

Armageddon will destroy only the incorrigibly wicked, and there will be “a great crowd” of survivors. (Revelation 7:9-14) They will see these words come true: “Just a little while longer, and the wicked one will be no more; and you will certainly give attention to his place, and he will not be. But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth, and they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.”—Psalm 37:10, 11.

??????

“The meek ones themselves will possess the earth, and they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace”

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2011644?q=Armageddon&p=par

Tap screen for Video Link mp4 ______Enjoy!

A6C1432E-900D-4EB8-8037-C3F35F5889FE.png

A316E65F-3DA3-4B8C-8347-D38E0B39C097.mp4

• Views 690
  • Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

What is Armageddon? ~ ?????? ? To many, the word “Armageddon” evokes scenes of mass destruction—nuclear war, large-scale natural disasters, or even an “environmental Armageddon” jump-started by

Those destroyed may include many people that are seen as good people in the world. Why are they in danger? For one reason or another they would not give attention to the pleas of those trying to warn

THE  BIG  STORM  BY  ARMAGEDDON.... Very  interesting  video ! May  Jehovah's  Kingdom  coming  soon ~~~

Posted Images

Those destroyed may include many people that are seen as good people in the world. Why are they in danger? For one reason or another they would not give attention to the pleas of those trying to warn them that a person must be actively honoring Jehovah God . This is brought 3 times in the Bible for emphasis. Joel 2:32 'And everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved''. Today what hinders many is they were raised in families that celebrated Christmas or Easter. Treasured family memories that are filled with falsehoods about Jesus. A person must spend time studying the Bible to root out these falsehoods. It's important to know the God you worship accurately that you do not inadvertently offend Him over and over, thus closing the door open to you. The phrase 'all roads lead to the SAME God' adds many to the list of who Jesus stated 'would take no note until the flood came and swept them all away'. Satan has plugged the ears of many, the World sees as good people, yet on the Great and Fear Inspiring Day of Jehovah 'good people' will not be acknowledged. This fact may awaken some to pray 'Please Jehovah God show me the way. In Jesus name I pray.' Churches, Temples and Shrines are full of good people, yet they have not come to know the Only Almighty God. Often reading modern translations of the original texts, a person with no religious training can better understand the Bible than someone who was raised Catholic, Protestant or Baptist poisoned by Dogma. The Hebrew text is clear that there is One Almighty who would give a Messiah. Genesis 3:15. What is Armageddon? Just as you described. The End of God's patience with the World's Religions and Human Governments. He will at that time Stand Up in behalf of a People Called by His Name as seen in Israel’s history and at 2 Chronicles 7:14 'if my people on whom my name has been called humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn away from their evil ways, then I will hear from the heavens and forgive their sin and heal their land'.