The World News Media

Can I give my girlfriend a back rub if we're dating as Jehovah Witnesses?

Jack Ryan

• Views 2.2k
  • Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are no rules of any sort. Except for a family head who is authorized to set rules for his family. And since Bethel is a 'family' - many persons living in voluntary close quarters for a spec

This would depend on the purpose of the massage.  If you are a licensed masseur then I'm sure no one would object. (or maybe a chiropractor)  However, if, as I suspect, you are asking with t

Not enough information to give you a clear answer. But the flesh is powerful and can lead one into temptation. 

Posted Images

This would depend on the purpose of the massage. 

If you are a licensed masseur then I'm sure no one would object. (or maybe a chiropractor) 

However, if, as I suspect, you are asking with the purpose of gratifying your desire to touch her because she is a female and your girlfriend than I suspect you would not be allowed to.

Others can weigh in if they wish. And I'm sure some countries and customs are very strict about touching at all.

I've  a  BIG  smile  on  my  face... :D  SO  hard  rules  in  the  USA ?  I  know  JW-friends,  they  go  hand in hand...  By  swimming,  together  with  others,  its  ok  when  you  rub her  back  with  sun-creame,  YES !   Also  a  little  kiss  I  saw  on  and  off...  haha :)   The  most  younger  JW-friends  not  want  a  massage,  they  want  holding  hands  and  some  little  kisses.... :x     Maybe,  in  some  countries  the  touching -'rules'  little  stronger :(

Everyone  got  their  conscience,  so  its  not  our  problem  bec. all  JW  will  handle  different  and  I  hope  in  Jehovah's  sense !  My  GF  told  me  her  own  experiences  of  the  past  very  clear,  touching  not  forbidden  - but  both  were  Jehovah  loyal  until  to  the  wedding !   I  think,  THATS  importend,  or  not ?

I have mentioned the basic rule for such things before, here on the Archive ... which applies to not only this specific instance ... but to EVERYTHING you could possibly think or do, per the various publications such as the Elders Handbook, and the Branch Office guidelines, and the "unwritten rules" which apply ..... and it is this.

EVERYTHING NOT SPECIFICALLY PERMITTED IS FORBIDDEN

The phrase, "It is up to your individual conscience" is bandied about .... because nobody wants to get sued.

On a side note.... anybody know WHY Greece is selling off the Branch Office?

11 hours ago, Queen Esther said:

I've  a  BIG  smile  on  my  face... :D  SO  hard  rules  in  the  USA ?  I  know  JW-friends,  they  go  hand in hand...  By  swimming,  together  with  others,  its  ok  when  you  rub her  back  with  sun-creame,  YES !   Also  a  little  kiss  I  saw  on  and  off...  haha :)   The  most  younger  JW-friends  not  want  a  massage,  they  want  holding  hands  and  some  little  kisses.... :x     Maybe,  in  some  countries  the  touching -'rules'  little  stronger :(

Everyone  got  their  conscience,  so  its  not  our  problem  bec. all  JW  will  handle  different  and  I  hope  in  Jehovah's  sense !  My  GF  told  me  her  own  experiences  of  the  past  very  clear,  touching  not  forbidden  - but  both  were  Jehovah  loyal  until  to  the  wedding !   I  think,  THATS  importend,  or  not ?

Tell me about it, not even married couples are allowed to hold hands or embrace, (side embrace) each other while praying in a kingdom hall. Talk about silly rules:

Some marriage mates might discreetly hold hands, but if they embraced each other during public prayer, those who got a glimpse of such conduct might be stumbled. They might think or get the impression that the couple was focusing on their romantic relationship instead of reverence for Jehovah. Out of deep respect for him, let us therefore “do all things for God’s glory” and avoid conduct that could distract, shock, or stumble anyone.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/2009841

That  are  YOUR  words,  @Matthew9969   -  holding  hands  during  a  public  prayer!    Thats  only  for  married  couples  or  families.  Not  holding  hands  in  the  Kingdom  Hall !   I  saw  JW - friends,  GOING  hand  in  hand....  Also, everyone  has  another  mature  level.  -   Many  JW  have  their  own  special  rules...  and  we  not  have  to  judge !

Thats  all  I've  to  say  ~~~~~~~~

23 hours ago, The Librarian said:

This would depend on the purpose of the massage. 

If you are a licensed masseur then I'm sure no one would object. (or maybe a chiropractor) 

However, if, as I suspect, you are asking with the purpose of gratifying your desire to touch her because she is a female and your girlfriend than I suspect you would not be allowed to.

Others can weigh in if they wish. And I'm sure some countries and customs are very strict about touching at all.

very good point, here in our country if you are dating theres some procedures to follow>: first no kissing is allowed under any circumstances, also the only way a couple can sit down together is when they are engaged, if you are dating, you need to inform the elders and then you sit with her parents, as regarding touching, a chaperone must be present with you when you are dating so that the courtship will remain dignified and clean,  1 cor 14:40.

11 hours ago, Queen Esther said:

That  are  YOUR  words,  @Matthew9969   -  holding  hands  during  a  public  prayer!    Thats  only  for  married  couples  or  families.  Not  holding  hands  in  the  Kingdom  Hall !   I  saw  JW - friends,  GOING  hand  in  hand....  Also, everyone  has  another  mature  level.  -   Many  JW  have  their  own  special  rules...  and  we  not  have  to  judge !

Thats  all  I've  to  say  ~~~~~~~~

That is straight from your watchtower, not my words at all. Telling married couples they are not allowed to hold hands. You guys don't even want to believe what is printed by the governing body, why do you people stay with this religion you have no belief in?

11 hours ago, JOHN DAVIS said:

very good point, here in our country if you are dating theres some procedures to follow>: first no kissing is allowed under any circumstances, also the only way a couple can sit down together is when they are engaged, if you are dating, you need to inform the elders and then you sit with her parents, as regarding touching, a chaperone must be present with you when you are dating so that the courtship will remain dignified and clean,  1 cor 14:40.

Would the same rule apply to older single people who are interested in each other?

At  @Matthew9969....  Please,  put  your  answer  to  MY  text  here  and  NOT  to  any  WT - text !   I  used  my  own  words  and  NOT  cited  anything  from  WT !   I  know,  our  Literature  has  some  other  rules.  I've  my  own  view points  of  some  things, but  in  Jehovah's  sense - and  nobody  has  to  judge !

The  best  is,  ask  older  singles  to  their  rules,  but  not  here...  Btw. they  not  will  tell  you, haha:D The  most  will  go  through  this  difficult  time  together  with  Jehovah,  the  BEST  idea :x

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.