The World News Media

WHAT IS THE DISGUSTING THING THAT CAUSES DESOLATION IN OUR TIME AS RECORDED AT MATTHEW 24:15?

JOHN DAVIS

UN at present has no significance. But it will emerge as a counterfeit kingdom only when kings of the earth give it their power to rule. Maybe it won't be called the UN, but present UN has a framework in place which will allow for it to take control of the world in the future. It is the fierce looking king from Daniel 8:23,24

• Views 4.9k
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

At the mo', United Nations. Man's last hope for Peace., Ha!Ha! *** w13 7/15 pp. 4-5 par. 6 “Tell Us, When Will These Things Be?” *** What will signal the start of the great tribulation? Jesus f

exactly, but the 1997 watchtower article has been updated with the article; july 15. 2013 and also the april 2016 watchtower article: what will go when gods kingdom comes? we cant determine the exact

Well, mostly to strengthen my faith and advance in the truth despite the ever changing "new light".

@Witness 

Because the “disgusting thing”/”abomination” is found in the organization in the form of the elder body “representing the royal priesthood”.

I think you are confusing the MOL with the disgusting thing. How is it that the constant feature is removed by "royal priesthood"? Disgusting thing is supposed to forcefully take away the freedom and enforce the worship of itself instead. The false prophet that compels the nations to worship the beast. Kind of like what happened when Nebuchadnezzar compelled people to worship his image. 

5 hours ago, into the light said:

I think you are confusing the MOL with the disgusting thing. How is it that the constant feature is removed by "royal priesthood"?

You may be misunderstanding me.  The constant feature/”daily sacrifice” of Dan 12:11 is removed, because the priesthood, which is God’s dwelling/Temple is replaced by the elder body. 

Disgusting thing is supposed to forcefully take away the freedom and enforce the worship of itself instead.

Watchtower 02/8/1 “REPRESENTING the royal priesthood are appointed elders, who serve in positions of responsibility in congregations of Jehovah’s people around the earth. These men deserve our respect and wholehearted support, whether they are of the anointed or not.” Rather than CHALLENGE their authority, we truly appreciate our hardworking elders!”

The disgusting thing is the man of lawlessness. 

“Don’t let anyone deceive you in any way, for that day will not come until the rebellion occurs and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the man doomed to destruction. He will oppose and will exalt himself over everything that is called God or is worshiped, so that he sets himself up in God’s temple, proclaiming himself to be God.” 2 Thess 2:3,4

“It acted arrogantly even against the Prince of the heavenly army; it revoked his regular sacrifice and overthrew the place of his sanctuary.” Dan 8:11

The anointed ones are “spiritual Israel/Jews”. Rom 9:6-9; Isa 43:10; 1 Pet 2:5,9,10 Spiritual “Gentiles” act in place of, or stand in, God’s Temple priesthood.  It has “fully taken away the freedom” of the priesthood by expectations of obedience to be given to “Gentiles”.  Their hands are tied, not able to connect with other members of the anointed Body of Christ.

“In addition, anointed Christians do not view themselves as being part of an elite club. They do not seek out others who claim to have the same calling, hoping to bond with them or endeavoring to form private groups for Bible study.”  Wt 16/1

“Love for the elders, coupled with respect for their work, will help us to be obedient and submissive to their direction.”  Wt 12/5/15

Would you not agree this is taking away their freedom as anointed ones?  This entire article sarcastically degrades the anointed priesthood, calling them arrogant if they desire to act upon Paul’s words and care for and learn from one another.  The Wt. teaches that the anointed should remain silent; un-noticed, and not used for the purpose they were meant to as God’s priesthood/Temple.  If they were to speak up on behalf of Christ, the Head of the Body, they are disfellowshipped. Luke 16:13; Rom 14:4

“But God composed the body, having given greater honor to that part which lacks it, 25 that there should be no schism in the body, but that the members should have the same care for one another And if one member suffers, all the members suffer with it; or if one member is honored, all the members rejoice with it.” 1 Cor 12:24b-26

The anointed ones must follow rules and guidelines of “Gentiles”, even though within each heart, a token of Holy Spirit is there – the “laws” of God are written on their hearts.  This isn’t the case with the elder body/man of lawlessness.  Can you see that it is the priesthood who should guide others?  Heb 8:10; Mal 2:7

The man of lawlessness is also found in Revelation, the last revealing book of the Bible. 

“But leave out the court which is outside the temple, and do not measure it, for it has been given to the Gentiles. And they will tread the holy city underfoot forforty-two months. And I will give power to my two witnesses, and they will prophesy one thousand two hundred and sixty days, clothed in sackcloth.”  Rev 11:1,2

“Then I heard the man dressed in linen, who was above the waters of the river. He raised both his hands toward heaven and swore by Him who lives eternally that it would be for a time, times, and half a time. When the power of the holy people is shattered, all these things will be completed.”  Dan 12:7 

The false prophet that compels the nations to worship the beast. Kind of like what happened when Nebuchadnezzar compelled people to worship his image. 

What is the compelling force behind the organization?  The elder body which has been given the power to judge another – both anointed and brethren. Yet, it is the image of the spirit-directed organization that must be “worshipped” – glorified, adored, exalted – as the path to salvation.  If one rejects this “path” and chooses Christ solely as the only Way, speaking up against falsehoods and sins as he did among his own people, that person is disfellowshipped – spiritually deemed as dead.  Revelation is symbolic, as is the "death" by the Beast.  Rev 13:15

Rev 13:7  “It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation. (the “international brotherhood”)

Tell me, would any political entity recognize who the anointed ones are in order to overcome them, since not even JWs know who they are?

Rev 13:15 - “He (the false prophet) was granted power to give breath (inspired/spirit-directed) to the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak and cause as many as would not worship the image of the beast to be killed.”

Just as Nebuchadnezzar’s image affected God’s holy people, so too does the last power of Daniel’s image, which is the Wild Beast working with the false prophet of Revelation.  God allows this delusion to come upon the remaining ones as Satan’s demand to “sift” them as wheat.  Luke 22:31

The High Priest of this “royal priesthood” is their only Head whom they are to obey, just as the early priesthood answered to Aaron.  In the organization, a “wicked slave” has come against their fellow servants to “beat” them into submission.  Matt 24:48-51  Their choice to remain within this destructive situation, or listen and respond to Christ’s revealment of the “disgusting thing”/”man of lawlessness” and his discipline/refinement means life, or death. Rev 13:9; Isa 48:10; Ezek 16:39;Rev 3:17-19   Not only for them, but all JWs.  Matt 24:15

Rev 11:1-3; 2 Thess 2:8-12; (John 20:22); Dan 8:25; Rev 3:20; Luke 12:37; Rev 2:7; Isa 29:18; Rev 22:10,14; Eph 5:14

Thanks for the answer. Some good points, but what you wrote is mostly confusing. According to what you wrote am I to conclude that the great tribulation is also symbolic? And that the holy ones won't be literally killed by the beast? 

I am not really convinced by your answer, even though you use many scriptures to support your opinion. You see, the MOL is described with the same adverb as Judas — the son of destruction, which means it's apostle-like figure which operates within the temple until it is revealed. It's a mystery which according to Paul was already operating in his time. As for the disgusting thing, that is a foreign entity that imposes blasphemy forcefully. The holy ones will be recognized by it because they won't bend their knee to it. And they will be conquered. MOL is revealed as operating in the temple, whereas disgusting thing is installed

On 12/18/2017 at 6:46 PM, into the light said:

Thanks for the answer. Some good points, but what you wrote is mostly confusing. According to what you wrote am I to conclude that the great tribulation is also symbolic? And that the holy ones won't be literally killed by the beast? 

I am not really convinced by your answer, even though you use many scriptures to support your opinion. You see, the MOL is described with the same adverb as Judas — the son of destruction, which means it's apostle-like figure which operates within the temple until it is revealed. It's a mystery which according to Paul was already operating in his time. As for the disgusting thing, that is a foreign entity that imposes blasphemy forcefully. The holy ones will be recognized by it because they won't bend their knee to it. And they will be conquered. MOL is revealed as operating in the temple, whereas disgusting thing is installed. 

I know this is long, with many scriptures; but it is the scriptures that speak truth.  If it appears I’ve made an error when writing them down, please let me know.

Wouldn’t you agree that it would be a far stretch to say Judas was an “apostle-like figure”? Jesus answered them, “Did I not choose you, the twelve, and one of you is a devil?” John 6:70

He was not chosen to be an apostle – “I do not speak concerning all of you. I know whom I have chosen; but that the Scripture may be fulfilled, ‘He who eats bread with Me has lifted up his heel against Me.’”  John 13:18

His role of the betrayer was known by the Father and Jesus well in advance.  (Ps 41:9)  By the time the apostles were anointed at Pentecost, Judas was dead. 

“ While I was with them in the world, I kept them in Your name. Those whom You gave Me I have kept; and none of them is lost except the son of perdition, that the Scripture might be fulfilled.”

Judas was solely the tool for the Scribes and Pharisees to get to Jesus, and in that way the man of lawlessness can be defined. 

The elder body is solely the means that the Governing Body uses to keep his “fellow servants”, in submission. Matt 24:48-51; Rev 13:11,12,7 

Love for the elders, coupled with respect for their work, will help us to be obedient and submissive to their direction. w12 5/15 pp. 23-27

The elders in our congregation use their personal time to work hard for us. When we think about all that they do, our love and appreciation for them grows. We would never want them to lose their joy or become frustrated because of something we do. Instead, we want to obey willingly. This way we “give them extraordinary consideration in love because of their work.” ws16 January pp. 3-8

The GB has authorized this; they have authorized “foreigners” – spiritual “Gentiles” to “stand” (to place, make firm, establish)/”sit”(set, appoint)  in place of the holy priesthood, which is God’s Temple. 1 Cor 3:16,17 (“Do you not know that you are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?  If anyone defiles the temple of God, God will destroy him. For the temple of God is holy, which temple you are.”)

Mal 2:7-9  “For the lips of a priest (1 Pet 2:5,9; Rev 5:10) should keep knowledge,
And people should seek the law from his mouth; (Heb 8:10)
For he is the messenger of the Lord of hosts.
8 But you have departed from the way;
You have caused many to stumble at the law.
You have corrupted the covenant of Levi,”
Says the Lord of hosts.
9 “Therefore I also have made you contemptible and base
Before all the people,
Because you have not kept My ways
But have shown partiality in the law.”

Ezek 44:6-9   “Now say to the rebellious, to the house of Israel, ‘Thus says the Lord God: “O house of Israel, let Us have no more of all your abominations. (Bible usage: “a disgusting thing, abomination, abominable)   When you brought in foreigners, uncircumcised in heart and uncircumcised in flesh, to be in My sanctuary to defile it—My house—and when you offered My food, the fat and the blood, then they broke My covenant because of all your abominations.  And you have not kept charge of My holy things, but you have set others to keep charge of My sanctuary for you.”  Thus says the Lord God: “No foreigner, uncircumcised in heart or uncircumcised in flesh, (Rom 2:28,29; 2 Cor 3:3) shall enter My sanctuary, including any foreigner who is among the children of Israel.

Surely you see that the foreigners taking charge of the daily sacrifices in God’s Sanctuary offered by the priesthood, is a “disgusting thing”. Both today’s man of lawlessness and the “disgusting thing” are the same point of identity.  The anointed priesthood, spiritual “Israel”, has received the “circumcision of the heart”; thus they are the only avenue for the offering of the “daily sacrifice”, and teaching, required by God.   

“Have you not cast out the priests of the Lord, the sons of Aaron, and the Levites, and made for yourselves priests, like the peoples of other lands, so that whoever comes to consecrate himself with a young bull and seven rams may be a priest of things that are not gods?” 2 Chron 13:9; (2 Thess 2: 3,4; Rom 8:14,16,17; 9:26)

The Wild Beast from the Sea (of spiritual “Gentiles”/not of the “earth” which He made, Ps 132:7-9, Acts 7:49; Rev 13:11 ) has the number of a man, 666; indicating it is the man of lawlessness, a composite “son of destruction”.  It has the same characteristics of the 4th beast of Daniel 9:27; 8:11; 11:31.  It has been given authority by a false prophet/fallen “star”, anointed/Wormwood/Harlot – all features of the same identity – “to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation”  (Rev 13:7)  Wormwood releases a “locust army” that “stings”/torments for a symbolic “5 months”, those who do not have the “seal of God on their foreheads” – anointed ones dominated by the man of lawlessness. Rev 9:4,5  

When an anointed one “won’t bend their knee to it” as you say, they are “killed”/disfellowshipped, and there are many of them. Rev 13:14,15  Is it the great tribulation symbolic?  It certainly is not found in Satan’s world, but in the hearts and minds of those who are under subjection to the beast.  Trust me, I’ve been through it. It fulfills all of Jesus’ prophetic words about persecution, loss of family, etc., all for giving testimony to Jesus.  John 16:2; Rev 11:7-10  The Tribulation/Armageddon (fought in the low plain of “decision”) is a war of truth against lies, between anointed and the Beast, the faithful and unfaithful anointed ones. Gen 3:15; Rev 12:7; 16:14-16; 17:14; 19:11,14,19

The Great Tribulation, Armageddon, as well as the Kingdom does not come with “striking observation” – Luke 17:20,21; Matt 16:3,4; 13:10,11,13-16; Isa 44:18; Hos 14:9; Dan 12:10  Yet, the Watchtower focuses on Satan’s dominion for the literal signs leading up to the coming of the Kingdom.  Since the man of lawlessness is evident as the organization/elder body, it is to be expected that a diversion must be made.  Satan is making sure his “signs” can be seen. 1 Cor 2:14,13

The man of lawless/disgusting thing has been revealed by the “breath” of Jesus’ mouth – Holy spirit -  granted to his servants, the symbolic “two witnesses” of Revelation.  Rev 1:1; 11:1-3;6:9;19:10

All  of this most likely sounds like hogwash, but there is no other identity that fits the man of lawlessness/disgusting thing/Wild Beasts of Rev 13:1 as does the organization. Here is further evidence; see 1918,1919 in the attachment.     Image may contain: text

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.