The World News Media

Why We Need The Ransom

Guest Kurt

Foto

But the truth is that we all die because we inherited death from Adam in our Genetics.- Romans 5:12
   Adam was punished for his deliberate sin,

Genesis 2:17 '' But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will certainly die.” 

Adam did not die immediately, but took around 900 years. This is within a day of 1000 years ( 2 Peter 3:8  However, do not let this escape your notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day.) 
   Death was thus programmed into Adam 's genetics.

So you see,  because of Adam our first father's sin, we are in a very diabolical condition. In fact the survival of the human being is threated by the increasing genetic degradation which I have tried to explain in the above post.

Now, we can offer sin and guilt offerings for our sins that we may have a relationship with God. However everlasting life on our own merits alone will never come beause no matter how hard we try, we still sin.
(  Hebrews 10:1   'For since the Law has a shadow of the good things to come, but not the very substance of the things, it can never, by the same sacrifices that are continually offered year after year, make those who approach perfect.')

And the reward for sin

Romans 6:23  For the wages sin pays is death. 

This is why we die.

And 

Psalms 49:7 ' None of them can ever redeem a brother Or give to God a ransom for him,'

In other words, thanks to Adam, we are each like in a deep pit from which no matter how we try to conform to God's standards, we as sinners are still condemned. 
    As the Mosaic law stated:

Leviticus 18:5  ' You must keep my statutes and my judicial decisions; anyone who does so will live by means of them. I am Jehovah. '

But only a perfect man can keep the Mosaic Law.

Romans 7:14–20. 14  For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am fleshly, sold under sin.15  For I do not understand what I am doing. For I do not practice what I wish, but I do what I hate.16  However, if I do what I do not wish, I agree that the Law is fine.17  But now I am no longer the one doing it, but it is the sin that resides in me.18  For I know that in me, that is, in my flesh, there dwells nothing good; for I have the desire to do what is fine but not the ability to carry it out.19  For I do not do the good that I wish, but the bad that I do not wish is what I practice.20  If, then, I do what I do not wish, I am no longer the one carrying it out, but it is the sin dwelling in me. 

Hence, the Mosaic Law was the standard required by God for us to gain life. The Mosaic Law was righteous and good-

Romans 7:12  'So the Law in itself is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good. '

But only a perfect man could keep it. Such a perfect man would have to be without sin, otherwise he would be under condemnation of death like us - i.e...
   Romans 6:23  'For the wages sin pays is death. '

So we needed someone without sin to keep the Mosaic Law perfectly.This is why Jesus said

Matthew 5:17.  “Do not think I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I came, not to destroy, but to fulfill."

So Jesus fulfilled the Mosaic Law by his perfect obedience to God.

This is why after he died

Colossians 2:14   'and erased the handwritten document that consisted of decrees and was in opposition to us. He has taken it out of the way by nailing it to the torture stake.'

Thus 

1 Corinthians 9:21  '....I am not without law toward God but under law toward Christ....'

Because only a perfect man could keep the Mosaic Law, then

Galatians 3:24, 25 ' So the Law became our guardian leading to Christ, so that we might be declared righteous through faith.25  But now that the faith has arrived, we are no longer under a guardian. '

Thus the Law shows each of us who are under sin, how badly we needed God to send a Redeemer who he made Christ (Acts 2:36 ''  Therefore, let all the house of Israel know for a certainty that God made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you executed on a stake.” )

Now
     1 Corinthians 15:45   'So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living person.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit."

The last Adam (or 2nd Adam) is Christ.

This is because as a perfect man who kept the Mosaic Law perfectly, Jesus was not under the condemnation of death (Lev 18:5 ; Rom 6:23) Jesus also was the equivalent of the perfect man Adam, before Adam sinned.
   So when Jesus died, he bought back (for us who look to him as 'a father' in place of Adam) what Adam lost,...the opportunity of everlasting life in Paradise on earth.

This is why Jesus sacrifice is called 'a corresponding ransom.'

1 Timothy 2:6 ' who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all'.

We also see from this, that because Jesus was the exact equivalent of Adam, Jesus could NOT be God because God is infinite.

Some other principles that help us see that Jesus had to balance the scales of God's justice is

Exodus 21:23, 24.  ' ... life for life,24  eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,'

God our Magnificent heavenly Father gave His Special Son who was His first creation before anyone or anything else (John 3:16 ; Prov 8:22-31 ; Colossians 1:15 This is another discussion). This Special Son it was who had the closest most intimate relationship with God his Father for billions of years before he was sent to earth for us.
   This Special Son is the one God gave at great unbearable pain to Himself.

God Himself could not die for us because God CANNOT die ( Habakkuk 1:12) see here

and of course the sacrifice could be only the equivalent of the man Adam before he sinned.

?Also, Christ's ransom only covers repentant sinners who worship Jehovah God his heavenly father 
  "in spirit and TRUTH" - John 4:23,24

Willful sin has no forgiveness -

Hebrews 10:26–31. 26  For if we practice sin WILLFULLY after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left,27  but there is a certain fearful expectation of judgment and a burning indignation that is going to consume those in opposition.28  Anyone who has disregarded the Law of Moses dies without compassion on the testimony of two or three.29  How much greater punishment do you think a person will deserve who has trampled on the Son of God and who has regarded as of ordinary value the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and who has outraged the spirit of undeserved kindness with contempt?30  For we know the One who said: “Vengeance is mine; I will repay.” And again: “Jehovah will judge his people.”31  It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. '

Regarding Sin and Increasing Human Imperfection as Shown By Decreasing Life Span Over Generations

The Scripture at Romans 5:12 states,

"That is why, just as through one man (Adam) sin entered into the world and death through sin [because the wages sin pays is death- Romans 6:23], and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned."

Adam and Eve were created perfect (Deut 32:4) without sin. Being without sin, they had no infirmities, no genetic flaws. They were whole in mind and body. They had the prospect of living forever on this earth in perfect health under their loving Creator's rulership and guidance.

When they diliberately sinned, they lost all this. They lost perfection and began to deteriorate and die. From God's standpoint, they were as good as dead from the moment they sinned. But Adam was so strong that it took 930 years of physical deterioration to finally die. (Gen 2:17 ; Gen 5:5)

After this, Adam could only pass, onto his children, the imperfection of his own body.

Look please at the following list of life-spans of people in the Bible book of Genesis:

Adam - 930 years Genesis 5:5
Seth - 912 years Genesis 5:8 . . . . . Methuselah - 969 years Genesis 5:27 
Noah - 950 years Genesis 9:29
Shem - 600 years Genesis 11:10,11
Eber - 464 years Genesis 11:16,17
Peleg - 239 years Genesis 11:18,19
Nahor- 148 years Genesis 11:24,25
Terah - 205 years Genesis 11:32
Sarah - 127 years Genesis 23:1
Abraham - 175 years Genesis 25:7
Isaac - 180 years Genesis 35:28,29
Jacob- 147 years Genesis 47:28
Joseph- 110 years Genesis 50:26

This decline in life-span is the result of increasing imperfection (as the copying error in our genes increases) in humans from one generation to the next.

Actually, this itself is proof that the Bible truly is God's Word because the writers could not have fabricated this, as they had no knowledge of genetics.
Also, notice the sharp decline after the deluge. This is because the water vapor canopy, in the upper atmosphere, was removed resulting in the deluge. (Gen 1:6-8) The removal of this canopy since then, has resulted in increased harmful cosmic radiation reaching us, increasing our genetic degradation.

This effects every human who has ever lived. None are able to escape it.

Thankful we can be because our dear Heavenly Father Jehovah God provided the ransom sacrifice of his Special Son Jesus Christ. 

??? Interestingly, the increasing imperfection over generations can be illustrated in a simple way........

Take a document and make a photocopy of it.
Then make a photocopy of this copy.
Make a photocopy of this latter copy.
Keep going in this process, and eventually you get to a point at which you won't even be able to read it anymore.

This is exactly the diabolical situation we are in, until God uses the merit of Jesus ransom sacrifice on all obedient humans in the new world after Armageddon.
- 1 Timothy 2:6?

p.s.
Human imperfection is so great today that there are people with an aging desease who are like elderly persons even though very young in age.

Also, much grievious illness and deformities in children of even distantly related parent happens often.

I have read that if God does not intervene by bringing in his righteous new world, that the human race will become extinct in 100 years due to genetic mutations. This is yet another evidence that we are living in the last days.

This idea that humans are better off today, genetically, is false.  We gain some 3 to 20 deleterious mutations each generation now.   There is not much time left for humans because the medical industry is failing at a phenomenal rate and doctors now the 3 leading cause of death. 

• Views 503
  • Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

vor 22 Stunden schrieb Kurt:

Foto

But the truth is that we all die because we inherited death from Adam in our Genetics.- Romans 5:12
   Adam was punished for his deliberate sin,

Genesis 2:17 '' But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad, you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will certainly die.” 

Adam did not die immediately, but took around 900 years. This is within a day of 1000 years ( 2 Peter 3:8  However, do not let this escape your notice, beloved ones, that one day is with Jehovah as a thousand years and a thousand years as one day.) 
   Death was thus programmed into Adam 's genetics.

So you see,  because of Adam our first father's sin, we are in a very diabolical condition. In fact the survival of the human being is threated by the increasing genetic degradation which I have tried to explain in the above post.

Now, we can offer sin and guilt offerings for our sins that we may have a relationship with God. However everlasting life on our own merits alone will never come beause no matter how hard we try, we still sin.
(  Hebrews 10:1   'For since the Law has a shadow of the good things to come, but not the very substance of the things, it can never, by the same sacrifices that are continually offered year after year, make those who approach perfect.')

And the reward for sin

Romans 6:23  For the wages sin pays is death. 

This is why we die.

And 

Psalms 49:7 ' None of them can ever redeem a brother Or give to God a ransom for him,'

In other words, thanks to Adam, we are each like in a deep pit from which no matter how we try to conform to God's standards, we as sinners are still condemned. 
    As the Mosaic law stated:

Leviticus 18:5  ' You must keep my statutes and my judicial decisions; anyone who does so will live by means of them. I am Jehovah. '

But only a perfect man can keep the Mosaic Law.

Romans 7:14–20. 14  For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am fleshly, sold under sin.15  For I do not understand what I am doing. For I do not practice what I wish, but I do what I hate.16  However, if I do what I do not wish, I agree that the Law is fine.17  But now I am no longer the one doing it, but it is the sin that resides in me.18  For I know that in me, that is, in my flesh, there dwells nothing good; for I have the desire to do what is fine but not the ability to carry it out.19  For I do not do the good that I wish, but the bad that I do not wish is what I practice.20  If, then, I do what I do not wish, I am no longer the one carrying it out, but it is the sin dwelling in me. 

Hence, the Mosaic Law was the standard required by God for us to gain life. The Mosaic Law was righteous and good-

Romans 7:12  'So the Law in itself is holy, and the commandment is holy and righteous and good. '

But only a perfect man could keep it. Such a perfect man would have to be without sin, otherwise he would be under condemnation of death like us - i.e...
   Romans 6:23  'For the wages sin pays is death. '

So we needed someone without sin to keep the Mosaic Law perfectly.This is why Jesus said

Matthew 5:17.  “Do not think I came to destroy the Law or the Prophets. I came, not to destroy, but to fulfill."

So Jesus fulfilled the Mosaic Law by his perfect obedience to God.

This is why after he died

Colossians 2:14   'and erased the handwritten document that consisted of decrees and was in opposition to us. He has taken it out of the way by nailing it to the torture stake.'

Thus 

1 Corinthians 9:21  '....I am not without law toward God but under law toward Christ....'

Because only a perfect man could keep the Mosaic Law, then

Galatians 3:24, 25 ' So the Law became our guardian leading to Christ, so that we might be declared righteous through faith.25  But now that the faith has arrived, we are no longer under a guardian. '

Thus the Law shows each of us who are under sin, how badly we needed God to send a Redeemer who he made Christ (Acts 2:36 ''  Therefore, let all the house of Israel know for a certainty that God made him both Lord and Christ, this Jesus whom you executed on a stake.” )

Now
     1 Corinthians 15:45   'So it is written: “The first man Adam became a living person.” The last Adam became a life-giving spirit."

The last Adam (or 2nd Adam) is Christ.

This is because as a perfect man who kept the Mosaic Law perfectly, Jesus was not under the condemnation of death (Lev 18:5 ; Rom 6:23) Jesus also was the equivalent of the perfect man Adam, before Adam sinned.
   So when Jesus died, he bought back (for us who look to him as 'a father' in place of Adam) what Adam lost,...the opportunity of everlasting life in Paradise on earth.

This is why Jesus sacrifice is called 'a corresponding ransom.'

1 Timothy 2:6 ' who gave himself a corresponding ransom for all'.

We also see from this, that because Jesus was the exact equivalent of Adam, Jesus could NOT be God because God is infinite.

Some other principles that help us see that Jesus had to balance the scales of God's justice is

Exodus 21:23, 24.  ' ... life for life,24  eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot,'

God our Magnificent heavenly Father gave His Special Son who was His first creation before anyone or anything else (John 3:16 ; Prov 8:22-31 ; Colossians 1:15 This is another discussion). This Special Son it was who had the closest most intimate relationship with God his Father for billions of years before he was sent to earth for us.
   This Special Son is the one God gave at great unbearable pain to Himself.

God Himself could not die for us because God CANNOT die ( Habakkuk 1:12) see here

and of course the sacrifice could be only the equivalent of the man Adam before he sinned.

?Also, Christ's ransom only covers repentant sinners who worship Jehovah God his heavenly father 
  "in spirit and TRUTH" - John 4:23,24

Willful sin has no forgiveness -

Hebrews 10:26–31. 26  For if we practice sin WILLFULLY after having received the accurate knowledge of the truth, there is no longer any sacrifice for sins left,27  but there is a certain fearful expectation of judgment and a burning indignation that is going to consume those in opposition.28  Anyone who has disregarded the Law of Moses dies without compassion on the testimony of two or three.29  How much greater punishment do you think a person will deserve who has trampled on the Son of God and who has regarded as of ordinary value the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified, and who has outraged the spirit of undeserved kindness with contempt?30  For we know the One who said: “Vengeance is mine; I will repay.” And again: “Jehovah will judge his people.”31  It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. '

Regarding Sin and Increasing Human Imperfection as Shown By Decreasing Life Span Over Generations

The Scripture at Romans 5:12 states,

"That is why, just as through one man (Adam) sin entered into the world and death through sin [because the wages sin pays is death- Romans 6:23], and so death spread to all men because they had all sinned."

Adam and Eve were created perfect (Deut 32:4) without sin. Being without sin, they had no infirmities, no genetic flaws. They were whole in mind and body. They had the prospect of living forever on this earth in perfect health under their loving Creator's rulership and guidance.

When they diliberately sinned, they lost all this. They lost perfection and began to deteriorate and die. From God's standpoint, they were as good as dead from the moment they sinned. But Adam was so strong that it took 930 years of physical deterioration to finally die. (Gen 2:17 ; Gen 5:5)

After this, Adam could only pass, onto his children, the imperfection of his own body.

Look please at the following list of life-spans of people in the Bible book of Genesis:

Adam - 930 years Genesis 5:5
Seth - 912 years Genesis 5:8 . . . . . Methuselah - 969 years Genesis 5:27 
Noah - 950 years Genesis 9:29
Shem - 600 years Genesis 11:10,11
Eber - 464 years Genesis 11:16,17
Peleg - 239 years Genesis 11:18,19
Nahor- 148 years Genesis 11:24,25
Terah - 205 years Genesis 11:32
Sarah - 127 years Genesis 23:1
Abraham - 175 years Genesis 25:7
Isaac - 180 years Genesis 35:28,29
Jacob- 147 years Genesis 47:28
Joseph- 110 years Genesis 50:26

This decline in life-span is the result of increasing imperfection (as the copying error in our genes increases) in humans from one generation to the next.

Actually, this itself is proof that the Bible truly is God's Word because the writers could not have fabricated this, as they had no knowledge of genetics.
Also, notice the sharp decline after the deluge. This is because the water vapor canopy, in the upper atmosphere, was removed resulting in the deluge. (Gen 1:6-8) The removal of this canopy since then, has resulted in increased harmful cosmic radiation reaching us, increasing our genetic degradation.

This effects every human who has ever lived. None are able to escape it.

Thankful we can be because our dear Heavenly Father Jehovah God provided the ransom sacrifice of his Special Son Jesus Christ. 

??? Interestingly, the increasing imperfection over generations can be illustrated in a simple way........

Take a document and make a photocopy of it.
Then make a photocopy of this copy.
Make a photocopy of this latter copy.
Keep going in this process, and eventually you get to a point at which you won't even be able to read it anymore.

This is exactly the diabolical situation we are in, until God uses the merit of Jesus ransom sacrifice on all obedient humans in the new world after Armageddon.
- 1 Timothy 2:6?

p.s.
Human imperfection is so great today that there are people with an aging desease who are like elderly persons even though very young in age.

Also, much grievious illness and deformities in children of even distantly related parent happens often.

I have read that if God does not intervene by bringing in his righteous new world, that the human race will become extinct in 100 years due to genetic mutations. This is yet another evidence that we are living in the last days.

This idea that humans are better off today, genetically, is false.  We gain some 3 to 20 deleterious mutations each generation now.   There is not much time left for humans because the medical industry is failing at a phenomenal rate and doctors now the 3 leading cause of death. 

It would be a interesting discussion to show, how we can cope with the claim of modern population genetics , that the origin of mankind is not a single pair but rather a population. On the claim of out of africa theory a population of 2000 individuals. For my opinion i think we have had a greater range of genetic variation from one human pair bevor the flood caused on much longer livetime. Than we have to see the flood as a bottleneck. The Family of Noah provides in this way a much higher genetic variety from one ancestor as we can see today. I think this could explain the reason why the population genetics came to the point that we must have a bigger population as origin of mankind.

Important Information

Terms of Service Confirmation Terms of Use Privacy Policy Guidelines We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.