The World News Media

Guest Kurt

Oops. I take it back. It is not JTR. It is newbie @Nathan Russell who is the true prophet. My bad. GASP! You don't think he is related to you-know-who?

I think even @admin was taken in, and he is one smart cookie! Ah well - I fell for the fake story last week about Ringo finally admitting that Paul had really died and that a look-alike contest winner was recruited as replacement meant to be temporary at first but retained when everyone fell for it. How could I have been so dumb? Ah, but I remember how the initial reports absolutely mesmerized the college crowd back then and my roommate urged me (unsuccessfully) to install a reverse gear in my turntable to play all Beatles songs backwards in search of clues - 'Turn me on, dead man.'

Is 'the news' another one of those hills and mountains' that used to be dependable but is now quicksand?

• Views 2.7k
  • Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

All other things being equal .... Money cannot buy happiness ....... it can only RENT happiness .    

Everything is vanity and chasing after the wind. Only God's Kingdom can give people a real purpose in life and a hope for the future. 

The above is fake news, Jobs actual last words were:    Steve’s final words were: OH WOW. OH WOW. OH WOW.

Posted Images

Everyone can and will believe what they want, but I thought they looked especially fake for a man who was caught lying and cheating just months before he died. I looked up the first line of the speech in Google and got the following back on the first page. Of the first 6 items returned, 5 of them indicated it was fake on the blurb that is returned with the link. Only one, the Youtube, link didn't say anything about it being fake -- and it was leading people to watch a different speech not related to the one above.

bgr.com/2016/04/29/steve-jobs-last-words-branson/

https://www.digitaltrends.com › Social Media

brobible.com/life/article/steve-jobs-last-words/

A quick search will reveal that these particular words are not actually the Apple founder's final remarks.

https://www.yahoo.com/.../aren-t-steve-jobs-last-words-still-managed-011403254.htm...

----------

A couple of the links included this information which was already in the NYT.

In late 2011 after Jobs’s passing, his sister Mona Simpson published the eulogy she had

given at his memorial service in The New York Times. Her moving account of Jobs’s

last words read as follows:

But with that will, that work ethic, that strength, there was also sweet Steve’s

capacity for wonderment, the artist’s belief in the ideal, the still more beautiful later.

Steve’s final words, hours earlier, were monosyllables, repeated three times.

Before embarking, he’d looked at his sister Patty, then for a long time at his children,

then at his life’s partner, Laurene, and then over their shoulders past them.

Steve’s final words were:

OH WOW. OH WOW. OH WOW.

-------------

Also, should note that it is extremely common for people to make use of a famous "respected" person and then make them give a speech that the person wants others to hear. It's been happening since Bible times.  A whole genre of apocrypha is named after it: pseudepigrapha, including, Assumption of Moses, Book(s) of Enoch, Testament of the Twelve Patriarchs, etc. 

It's just like Abraham Lincoln said:

• You can't believe everything you read on the Internet.

4 minutes ago, JW Insider said:

It's just like Abraham Lincoln said:

• You can't believe everything you read on the Internet.

He never said that!!

He was hooked on the internet. He believed every word. It's well known.

I suspect the following is closer to SJ's last coherent words:

And now, the end is near
          And so I face the final curtain
          My friend, I'll say it clear
          I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
          I've lived a life that's full
          I've traveled each and every highway
          But more, much more than this
          I did it my way
          Regrets, I've had a few
          But then again, too few to mention
          I did what I had to do
          And saw it through without exemption
          I planned each charted course
          Each careful step along the byway
          And more, much more than this
          I did it my way
          Yes, there were times, I'm sure you knew
          When I bit off more than I could chew
          But through it all, when there was doubt
          I ate it up and spit it out
          I faced it all and I stood tall
          And did it my way
          I've loved, I've laughed and cried
          I've had my fill my share of losing
          And now, as tears subside
          I find it all so amusing
          To think I did all that
          And may I say - not in a shy way
          Oh no, oh no, not me
          I did it my way
          For what is a man, what has he got
          If not himself, then he has naught
          To say the things he truly feels
          And not the words of one who kneels
          The record shows I took the blows
          And did it my way
          Yes, it was my way

A  dying  human  can't  speak  a  long  text,  but  some  words  he  may  can....  So  let's  believe  to  his  last  words :

Steve’s final words were:

OH WOW. OH WOW. OH WOW.    ? .•*¨`*•..¸???¸.•*¨`*•. ?

He  was  very  weak  and  not  able  for  long  'poems'.....  Its  now  so  otiose,  searching  for  any  last  words !

I  remember  these  words,  @Nathan Russell   does  and  @JW Insider  just  found  out  too.  Thats  a right-minded  result  and  not  nice  for  long  debates  and  'perhaps'  any  other  last  words...

We've  many  Bible - questions  you  can  looking  for ! :)  THANK  YOU  Brothers....

Don't  feel  annoyed  about  some  comments  here,  @James Thomas Rook Jr. .... 

OH....  'SOYLENT - GREEN'  IS  VERY  BAD  IN  MY  REMINDERS  OF  THE  MOVIE !!   UGH.....

I  remember,  the  green  Food  were  dead  people ~~~~~~~~~~~  :(  right ??

My  sticker  is  working  perfect,  hahaha xD  >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   

ZUZUZUZ.png